Author Topic: Gun Owners?  (Read 147326 times)

Offline Watcher

• What is this? I always know...
  • MotoGP Racer
  • MSF RiderCoach and Moto Enthusiast!
Re: Gun Owners?
« Reply #1200 on: September 23, 2020, 05:08:08 PM »
Oh dang, been a while.

Well, since last year I put together a handy little carbine, spent way too long debating on optics and stuff, but finally got to shoot it for the first time today.

For anyone interested in the specs:

Bravo Company 11.5 pistol, enhanced lightweight profile barrel, MCMR (M-Lok) rail, Mod 0 compensator, Mod 1 grip, KAG, and rail covers
Scalarworks PEAK sights
Trijicon MRO "Patrol" on a Scalarworks LEAP lower 1/3 co-witness mount
Geissele Airborne charging handle
V-Seven magazine release and bolt release
Arisaka Scout 300 light with a Malkoff emitter on an Arisaka inline rail mount running off a SureFire SR07 pressure pad
SB Tactical SBA3 brace

I think I hit the jackpot on this little guy.  My friend at the range had two ARs that we compared it to:  A 16" Ruger AR-556 and a custom built 7" pistol.
For some reason my BCM felt like it had less recoil than the Ruger (possibly due to the compensator?) while being a little handier and quicker on target.  While the 7" was fun it was really blasty and a little harder to handle because of it's tiny size, you kinda gotta scrunch up behind it.  The 7" is definitely more of a range toy, and while the 16" is likely more accurate than my 11.5" it didn't seem practically so.
This BCM seems like the perfect little fighting rifle.  I might put a Geissele trigger in it but the stock BCM trigger is pretty decent.  Also probably put a SureFire Warcomp on it, but only because I want to get a SOCOM suppressor eventually.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #1201 on: September 23, 2020, 09:37:53 PM »
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet  :D

I'm jelly. I haven't gotten to go shooting for a long time  :cry:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline Watcher

• What is this? I always know...
  • MotoGP Racer
  • MSF RiderCoach and Moto Enthusiast!
« Reply #1202 on: September 24, 2020, 02:48:23 AM »
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet  :D

I'm jelly. I haven't gotten to go shooting for a long time  :cry:

It was the first time I'd gone shooting in something like 5 years.  Definitely overdue.

Of course, now that there's an ammo shortage I probably won't go again any time soon.  5.56 and 9mm are practically worth their weight in gold right now, so I'm sitting on my remaining rounds for the time being.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk