Author Topic: 2006 gsF - Gabby  (Read 32152 times)

Offline Daeouse

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • MotoSquirrel
    • The MotoSquirrel Blog!
Re: 2006 gsF - Gabby
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2015, 01:22:35 PM »
Excellent!  :cool: :thumb:

That's a damn good looking bike! 8)
Jon "MotoSquirrel"
2009 Yamaha V-Star 950
My Blog!

Offline steezin_and_wheezin

• World Superbike Racer
  • ehhh mang. yoohoo mang!
    • Scoobaru
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2015, 11:17:29 AM »
Many thank!! Ahh cbr how I've missed belly laughing in my cubical to yer gifs!! Thought of ya when I used this one lately when a friend got his subaru running right haha..

So yup! So stoke to have this girl back. I'm not sure if I'll keep her forever. Kind of one of those, "set it free, if it comes back its meant to be". I could stand to resell again and still not break even on my spreadsheet.. I really blew the bank on this one. New this New that, ship this from germany, etc etc.. I sold it for half my investment. Bought it back for half that. So sell it again for double and nearly break even? Or cut my losses and consider the sale a slight recoup? No need to rush my decision, have some time before riding season to mull it over.

So the kid is moving up to a street triple next season and was aiming to resell. The rear hydraulic brake switch went out and failed him on inspection. Got fed up and called ol' Ryan back up. Of course I jumped at the chance to buy her back. He hit me with a fair price, I chewed some more off of it  :angel: and we had a deal.

Switch is on order. I'll get her back on the road shortly into the new year. If I do end up keeping her for too long - I WILL do a full engine swap on it. I'm still stuck on two stroke engines/tech, and have been drooling over EdE's GSxRD400 build. It would be perfect for me. Never a big yama fan, but shew they know the 2 stroke.

I will be pulling the front fender brace and getting a trefoil carved into it in memory of Patrick. He was truly an awesome dude. One of a kind.. It's the only loose end that I regretted not tying up before the sale. RIP mang, you're memory lives on in us forever.
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

• World Superbike Racer
    • Scoobaru
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2016, 02:11:40 PM »
Pressure switch for rear brake is in. I'll get it titled, reinspected and road worthy before the month's out.

Luck has been on my side as I don't need another project right now - I haven't been able to scratch up a single rd350 or 400 project locally. So she'll keep her current engine for the time being.

• World Superbike Racer
    • Scoobaru
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2016, 12:35:05 PM »
Bummer, should've triple checked before getting click happy. Hella switch I bought wasn't the correct kind for brake/banjo(too short and no side hole for banjo). While I had it apart I did confirm the switch was bad so that's a plus. Was nice getting to tool on the bike again, but I need a bigger shop. Space is tight with all the current bikes haha. Correct switch ordered and should be here before the week is out

• World Superbike Racer
    • Scoobaru
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2016, 09:07:17 AM »
2nd brake switch wrong thread pitch :oops: 3rd time's a charm and she's back up and fully functional. Will get it inspected as soon as I brave the cold.

I have a local guy interested in buying it already.. So now I'm really on the fence if I should keep or send her off to another new home.

The four stroke engine really doesn't do anything for me anymore. Been sharpening my skills on the two smokers and their constancy/reliability is improving the more I learn. The dream of building my own GSxRD(rd400 engine swap) is really tantalizing and one of the only pulls for me to keep the bike.

• World Superbike Racer
    • Scoobaru
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2016, 07:34:27 AM »
I jinxed myself on that one.. Went to go get her inspected and realized my low beams were out >:( high beams were fully functional so I assumed bulbs.

Pulled the bulbs and replaced with a working pair. OOOPS still no low beams. So after a couple days of head scratching I guessed it was a short somewhere. I did accidentally let the rear brake switch wires cross and ground out on the swingarm once. So I pull the bulbs and started working my way back. Main connector from controls had a toasty connection. Pull the wires cleaned off the contacts and reinstalled. WHOOP WHOOOP working headlights. Swung my leg over and went to get her inspected.

Decided it was a nice day so I took some fresh photos and listed her for sale again. Not going to push the sale too much since I'm enjoying riding and the weather's nice out.

Yah I know, she needs a bath! Hurts a bit to see her so dirty after starting with a spotless bike years ago

• World Superbike Racer
    • Scoobaru
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2016, 08:52:21 AM »
Down the road she goes to another very happy first time motorcycle owner! She's taught many new people to ride and loves every minute. Maybe I'll buy it back again, only time will tell

Her last warm up in my driveway for now

Dropped off at the new owners apartment! Time to go pick up my next moto :icon_mrgreen:

• World Superbike Racer
    • Scoobaru
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2020, 09:56:15 AM »
I still look for this bike on FB marketplace and craigslist. Hopefully I can buy it back for a 3rd time someday!

Offline cbrfxr67

• Some day I'll finish my projects
  • MotoGP Racer
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2020, 07:51:55 AM »
That was a spankin looking bike steez!
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk