News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

2nd amendment and well, why was it written

Started by The Buddha, July 26, 2012, 07:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Buddha

OK was the 2nd amendment written as a way to overthrow a tryannical govt ?

Sadly if that is true, its the biggest joke ever perpetrated on the citizenry of any country.
You have assault rifles, as an extreme lets say, you're like I am so cool, I can protect myself against the gubbamint's tyranny and the gubbamint has tanks, air craft and drones and nuclear bombs.

I think sadly the only thing the 2nd amendment does is more colorado, virginia, columbine etc etc.

Seriously I have rifles and wifey got a girl glock, that I traded audio equipment for no less.
I still dont believe I could put a scratch on the tank that rolled through my neighborhood yesterday <- That is a joke.

The 2nd amendment needs to be amended to have people buy tanks and B52 bombers and aircraftcarriers (and no the 100 yr old rust bucket that shows up on fleabay every month doesn't count), and drones to even out the game. And yes they need to be cheap, I want myself a bradley fitted with a LMG turret for starters.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

dam

Quote from: The Buddha on July 26, 2012, 07:52:07 AM
I think sadly the only thing the 2nd amendment does is more colorado, virginia, columbine etc etc.
No need for guns. an IED will work just fine and can be made from readily available materials.
Quote from: The Buddha on July 26, 2012, 07:52:07 AM
Seriously I have rifles and wifey got a girl glock, that I traded audio equipment for no less.
I still dont believe I could put a scratch on the tank that rolled through my neighborhood yesterday <- That is a joke.
Again IED

And one more thing. The term assault weapon, a hammer or baseball bat can be used to assault somebody so that makes them assault weapons.

:cheers:

The Buddha

Yes I am going today to a movie theater and plan to kill and wound over 50 people and guess what my weapon of choice is gonna be ... a carburetor rack off a GS500. Watch the news from charlotte baby. 50 dead/maimed/greivously wonded people atleast baby dam.

And on the way I plan on digging up the roads with this fork I have here and place a few 100 IED's.
That will show them tanks rolling through the hood who's boss.

Dude, speed and ability to conceal is where guns are without parallel, IED's are huge and weigh 30-40lb. We have roads of tarmac and concrete, Iraq is sand, and the country hates US, so they work in teams and as a team they can bury an IED in 5 mins.

Anything is a weapon, heck nothing is a weapon, I can strangle people, how effective, how many and how quick can the bodies pile up is the question. Dont blame guns for the actions of morons, blame guns for the speed @ which bodies pile up. In the absence of a gun this fool will have wandered into the theater and well, strangled 1, stabbed another and hit the third with a baseball bat - 100%, however that would be the end before the rest run away or rush the bugger and beat him to pulp.

Cool.
Buddha.

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

yamahonkawazuki

Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

mister

If everyone had a gun, it would be hard for a killer to kill so many.

Notice they never walk into a cop shop to go on a rampage.

Michael
GS Picture Game - Lists of Completed Challenges & Current Challenge http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGame and http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGameList2

GS500 Round Aust Relay http://tinyurl.com/GS500RoundAustRelay

The Buddha

That "if everyone has a gun" idea, well, its been toted around for 200 years, and all it did is start the arms race and keep it going. If you look at this this way, in the UVa massacre couple years ago, they did say yea someone in the classroom should have had a gun and the massacre will have been a smaller massacre. However, get this, by arming everyone in the room, you're assuming one of them wont initiate a massacre the week after. Also the idea of "if everyone has a gun there will be no gun crime" only flies when the shooter cares for his life. In the age of suicide killers there is no reason why the fact that everyone is armed makes much of a difference, OK it will turn a 50 dead people massacre into a 25 dead massacre. Not to mention some of the crowd will shoot other people by accident. There is a reason why a gun rampage doesn't happen in a police station, and its not only cos every one in there has a gun, its also the fact that they make you give up your gun @ the door cos you have to go through metal detectors and security and what not, same with courts and other federal/govt buildings.
Sadly one more reason we will not ever be overthrowing a tyrannical govt ... ever no matter how many people have guns.

However going in the opposite direction, If we start now maybe in a 100 years we will have this problem solved. Maybe ...

In 1776 maybe there was a 3 month window where the people could have overthrown the federal gubbamint ... after that forget it. After that, the second amendment isn't worth the paper its written on ... not even in Syria can rebels with ak47's hold a town against tanks and aircraft. And they dont even have drones and nuclear bombs. Quaint idea, but if the gubbamint wanted to do the simpsons thing and drop a dome over Charlotte, a few 1000 rednecks with guns aint gonna make a scratch in that dome.

The only way out of this as I see it -
Stop sales of weapons and I dont mean baseball bats or leather belts. just ones that you cant use from over 3 ft away ... and ammo to the public. Cops and military only, and security personnel (like the ones that drive armoured trucks etc.
The second step is to stop sales and tightly document and limit the sales of chemicals that are needed to make bullets. Sorta like the ephedrine thing pharmacies do.
There is enough ammo and guns to last 30-40 years ... after which they will need to be made. Right there they will start to become valuable, no one is going to make a 1000 and shoot indiscriminately. Besides anyone with skills to make bullets aint gonna be a worthless criminal. He's likely gonna be a machinist or other skilled laborer. Maybe he can make katana stems for GS people. Anyway, let that pass another 20-30 yrs and we should truly be free of random gun violence. In a way the shelf life of bullets are gonna determine what the duration of the ban will be.

Oh yea once we clean the streets of the guns, we only make and supply the cops with rifles, and the smaller weapons are only for military. In India cops have rifles, no one else has guns. Yes there is still crime, but its usually perpetrated by a knife or a bottle or a stick or a bat. 1-2 hits and the criminal has to run cos there will be a mob running him down at that point.

It took us 100+, like 200+ years to get here, we cant solve it in a week.
Cool.
Buddha.

The Buddha

And 2nd amendment is to overthrow gubbamint, not shoot the guy shooting at you. Serious ... but damn well insane.
Cool.
Buddha.

bombsquad83

Motorcycles kill many people every year in the US.  Maybe we shouldn't allow anyone to buy them either.

dam

I disagree that the 2nd amendment is to overthrow the government but is a part of the checks and balances that keep any person or group from having total control over the people.

If there are no guns or weapons allowed then there would be no hunting. Just think of how many more deer there would be for motorcyclists to try to avoid :icon_eek:

mister

GS Picture Game - Lists of Completed Challenges & Current Challenge http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGame and http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGameList2

Huff1371

If they were to ban "assault" weapons tomorrow who would enforce it? Surely not the police as they'd be out-gunned. Show up and ask me about any of my "assault " weapons and I'll gladly tell you about how I sold them to that guy, you know,  that guy who i sold them to.
Friendly fire, isn't. But it's the most accurate. Semper Fi

The Buddha

Dictators who have tanks and aircraft could care less if people have guns.

Checks and balances ... I guess that worked out well in the last few years for the columbine, UVa and aurora. Here is a check and balance for you, people will go nuts and kill people. The check is to slow down the rate.

Killing deer etc for food, well that is a rifle, not a problem, we will keep those.

We're not gonna ban nothing, if I had my way, we'd just stop supplying guns and ammo to civilians. Cops and govt can get ammo. However as the ammo supply dwindles for the high speed guns, the ammo supplied to cops should slowly get more towards the rifles. The final shift is when no one has any guns, and the cops have rifles.

This will never happen, the solution as the people see it is, oh yea he shot up 50 people, so if everyone in the theater had a gun, someone would have shot him before he got to 25. Seriously that is correct. No disputing that, however given that people will go nuts, and they can pile up bodies in a few seconds with high speed weapons, only way to make a dent in it, allow everything to phase out. No new bullets, and when the supply dwindles we dont worry about it.

An armed public wont make a damn difference if the federal govt wanted to grind you into dust unless you own tanks and aircraft and the other navigation and intelligence capabilities.

Cool.
Buddha.

Roxtar

really dangerous stuff is really easy to make. the problem is that we have emotional idiots making laws. people legislating against things they know nothing about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

p.s. virginia tech and UVa are not the same.
2009 GS500F

Huff1371

Quote from: Roxtar on July 27, 2012, 08:41:34 PM
really dangerous stuff is really easy to make. the problem is that we have emotional idiots making laws. people legislating against things they know nothing about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

p.s. virginia tech and UVa are not the same.
+1
It's really easy to get into a personal attack driven argument on this subject. Quite surprised it hasn't, which in and of itself speaks volumes.

mister

An armed man is a citizen
An unarmed man is a subject.

Buddha, since the gun ban in the UK gun crime has gone UP. Meanwhile, every house in Switzerland has a gun and their gun crime is amonst the lowest in the civilized world.

Don't blame guns, blame the people, the culture.

Govts generally do not like to visibly display their force outright. It reveals to the public what they are really about. So what they do is play a balancing game.... let you think your a re free with enough Entertainment to keep you Entertained and enough Distractions to keep you Distracted while controlling you with pieces of paper and threatening letters if those pieces of paper do not work. Resorting to physical confrontation is the Last Resort.

I have been through a gun rule change and Forced thing where suddenly my quite legal activity which bothered no-one was made criminal for no good reason. Where the govt Stole my own money then used that stolen money to Buy my guns off me. Gee thanks very fukking much. When you are mugged by your own government you lose all respect for the process entirely. When you see and hear politicians say they disagree with the proposed legislation and that their constituents also disagree with it, but they then vote that legislation in, then you KNOW you are in a corrupt system that cannot be changed by anyone doing anything or by anyone voting.

The Supposed Logic used to remove/restrict guns would have fair more effect when applied to other things which exact a greater death toll on the population. BUT, guns are so easy to be the boogeyman.

Michael

Huff1371

So, as everyone on here should know,  I'm a gun-toting redneck with more firearms than is reasonable for one person to possess .  However, in seeking facts regarding gun laws and there effects I can come to the conclusion that almost all studies done are very biased. The one that seems pretty straightforward (I'll post a link ) shows that even though there are many millions of more guns in the U.S. since the 80's the rate of gun violence is half. That's not saying there is less violence but there is less per person. Comes from a professor at George Mason.  I'll find it again

The Buddha

We dont need a gun ban. That doesn't make sense, well unless you melt down all the guns in existence what sorta ban is it.
I was talking about a bullet supply cut off. The short term situation will get worse no doubt.
Yea the truth is that the system and culture create the nuts that run on killing rampages ... However It is a lot harder to change that culture, heck we cant stop mexicans wandering over the borders every night. It is a heck of a lot easier to slow down the rate @ which the bodies pile up.

Once again its about the 2nd amendment. I have heard it said as - You are supposed to bear arms to have the ability to overthrow the gubbamint. It doesn't even matter what they have us entertained with, what they are distracting us with ... it makes no difference, try to over throw the gubbamint, it dont even work in syria.
Unless we have tanks, aircraft carriers, those B2's, drones, and the intel they have there is no way any group of individuals overthrows a gubbamint, not even Syria's govt.
Else all I can say is - Guns are great, when the tanks roll over them, they make a nice crunch sound ...
Other than that, they are useful to kill people, element of surprise works well even when the other people are armed, like walk into a crowded subway and rain bullets works good, then they can be used to rob banks, mug people walking down the streets, and well as do break in's and catch people in their beds.
Element of surprise trumps guns, a 10-20 second reaction time at best puts atleast 50 bullets in play before the best of marksmen take out the shooter. That even discounts the misses from the defensive shooters.

Guns dont kill people, people kill people, and people with guns kill people a lot faster. There is plenty of guns out there for this fool to assume someone in the theater could be armed. He just didn't care, he player numbers and psychology, midnight screening of a movie with violence, yes the window of surprise goes from 20 sec to about 60, so I rain bullets and I should take out 50-60 people.
The fact that guns prevent gun violence ends when we stop assuming the perpetraters of the crime expect to walk away from the scene of the crime and sit in jail @ tax payer expense for 20 years.
Yes guns will reduce those 1 on 1 crimes. This, columbine and the Va Tech (thanks Roxtar) were crimes of surprise as much as gun crimes.
An armed person is a citizen - 100% true however the unsaid addition to that rule is (if he's armed with comparable weaponry) Like someone pointed out everything is a weapon. So you have keys in your pocket, yes you're armed, you can easily stick it in someone's eye and take him out, you're armed with a lethal weapon. And in reality that will work as well as a gun if you're trying to claim your rights as a citizen when the gubbamint dont want to give you something.

Dont take a fist to a gun fight, and your ak47 against a B2 is just that. Seriously no one is overthrowing any govt with only armed rebellion. Not syria, not libya, not tunisia. The succesful rebellions were done by screaming people and not by shooting people.

You want the gubbamint to do or not do something, bring 10-20 million of your closest friends, and be armed with pencils and paper and todays equivalents - smart phones and blogs and watch it happen.
Dont bring a gun to a pen fight my friend and the second amendment will never be accomplished with guns.

Cool.
Buddha.

The Buddha

I guess if there was metal detectors everywhere, @ offices, @ movie theaters, @ subway and bus stations @ everyplace people gather and many schools already have em ... so then we'd only have to worry about people going berserk on crowded streets and other places like playgrounds and what not ... yea that wont do it. It will do something, not all that we need.
Cool.
Buddha.

Huff1371

I could see that but for the fact it's still all but impossible to enforce it at the point. If a ban or restriction on guns or ammo would've been put into law about 1890 it'd work. But for their to be 90 guns for every 100 people, all of which have plenty of ammo, it just can't logistically happen with our extremely inefficient government process. Are the cops and military, both current and former, going to turn in their personal weapons? Or is there some unheard of technology changes that can track down the 1000's of rounds of ammo on my closet? I know the 2nd amendment is for us to be able to overthrow a corrupt government and that it's unfeasible to do so with any sort of small arms, but I personally have seen the devastation a couple derka-derka assholes with AK-47s can do to a overwhelming force of trained infantry marines in an ambush situation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk