News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

WINTER SUX...

Started by DINGO, July 10, 2006, 01:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DINGO

Having siad that

I went up the mountain today and all the good corners where WET !

It was like a sundy bloody drive.And they jetpatched all the potholes.

So i went over the other Mt. much better,but the arse end was walking!

Tomorrw ill try Mt no3 !
AVAGOODWEEKEND

bubba zanetti

I reckon  that Spring & Autumn are the best time of the year to ride. Winter's too cold, wet & frosty & Summer's are just too bloody hot.

I took mine for a spin on the weekend, the roads were dry and I didnt see any idiots on the road either
The more I learn about women, the more I love my bike.

SHENANIGANS

Ugly Fat Old Bastard #72

brembo

Girly men! the lot of ya!  :kiss3:

I do have to agree with you. I've only got my bike license, so riding into the eastern suburbs everyday from the Sutho shire is a major pain, it was 4C the other day when I left home, it's usually about 6C every other day and the week before that it was raining for the most part. It takes about 5min before I can feel my fingers again when I get to work
[ Light Blue GS500 K1 ][60,000km (and climbing), a gazillion litres of oil, and more scratches than you can poke a road at. ]

bubba zanetti

Yep I'll admit that. I've been driving to work lately cause I'm not keen on riding in -8

SHENANIGANS

Ugly Fat Old Bastard #72

PapaFox

C'mon, whats wrong with -8 :dunno_white: I mean, try that over here in Canberra with fog and ice, and throw in the other "drivers" we share the roads with. Now we're talking some commitment ;)

Longinus

Winter is fine with me. The only annoyance is caused by my visor fogging up. Also annoying is the fact that my car won't start because it has been sitting there untouched for so long as i spend all my time getting around on the gs. Oh, and there are also more cars on the road because i think people are afraid to get to work by walking or pushbike.
WARNING: Death may occur if taken seriously.

Lukewarm Wilson

not a big fan of the cold or wet even though I have all the good gear which I admit keeps me warm in the cold and dry it just with all that on I double my size and width and look like a colourful michelin man and it makes it a bit harder to move around in all the gear, damn weather :thumb: :cheers:
Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again

matt86to

Quote from: Lukewarm Wilson on July 10, 2006, 10:40:13 PM
not a big fan of the cold or wet even though I have all the good gear which I admit keeps me warm in the cold and dry it just with all that on I double my size and width and look like a colourful michelin man and it makes it a bit harder to move around in all the gear, damn weather :thumb: :cheers:

mmmm I rember a ride we did not sooo long ago how cold was it on that day  :o I was out on sunday with the guys from I.R.A who did the loop from bom anyway I got up there about 10.30am to get set up for the guys to come up & takes pics of them I got sms say the guys are running late   :(   well an hour later they went pass  I took same pics man I think it was about 4 deg I was jumpabout like a mad man at time to warm myself up :thumb: and in the end only three pipcs were ok  :mad:

all the best matt:) your friend
Matt
GS 500 09

Dalemation

I have been riding every day I could  :), that was until monday.
I Low sided it and slid into (almost under) a barrier in the hills. :2guns:
Only 2K on the clock and $3K worth of damages :mad: (thank u full comp!)
Thats what you get for trying to be Rossi with noob skills!  :nono:
Still the bright side is I was wearing full gear so I came out ok tho, small graze, bruised knee and ego :thumb:

Still can't belive it... what a dumb ass...  :icon_rolleyes:

Lukewarm Wilson

Mate as long as you are OK thats what counts don't be hard on yourself I had more experanced riders crash infront of me and behind me sometimes its the luck of the draw the imporant thing is to try and realise how and why you crashed and learn from that my first bike a DT175 was generally crashed every second week (mainly in the dirt) but I'd think about it after it happened and work on that and so far "touch wood" two bike since then no crashes and better to get crashes out of the way before you can ride like rossi things will happen faster and be more painful at his speeds :thumb: :cheers:
Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again

gazman

Up here winter (the dry season) is the best time to ride .Min 14-15c to max 25-26c.I still go to work in shorts & short sleevs :cheers:  summer (the wet season) 34 -36c but 100% humidity .Sweat city.

bubba zanetti

Good on ya, ya bragger  :laugh:

SHENANIGANS

Ugly Fat Old Bastard #72

DINGO

[bump].............07 !

:cheers: DING.
AVAGOODWEEKEND

bubba zanetti

It's been too wet & cold here to ride, so I haven't ridden in a week. Now I have a bloody cold so it'll prolly be the weekend before I get a chance to get on the bike.  :mad:

SHENANIGANS

Ugly Fat Old Bastard #72

s4gs

Get over the cold first. A helmet and a runny nose isn't a good mix.
04 GS500 Naked   SOLD.
07 SV1000S

bubba zanetti

A runny nose doesn't worry me, it's having a coughing fit half way through a bend or sneezing in my helmet I don't like.

SHENANIGANS

Ugly Fat Old Bastard #72

backd00r

picked me up some new Alpinestars at MCAS during their sale last week - choice!!  the fingies are nice and toastie now ... well, compared to my old, clapped-out pair of R-Jays.  could've cracked them clean off after last Wednesday!
Remember: shiny side up.

s4gs

Quote from: bubba zanetti on July 03, 2007, 01:58:02 AM
A runny nose doesn't worry me, it's having a coughing fit half way through a bend or sneezing in my helmet I don't like.

The sneezing. regretfully. i've experienced. At least i was on my way home from work & not going TO work.

Quote from: backd00r on July 03, 2007, 06:04:49 AM
picked me up some new Alpinestars at MCAS during their sale last week

Peter Stevens in Adelaide is remodeling the store & have moved the accessories section across the street.
While the renovations are happening, thay have a 15%  "off all items instore" sale on. I garbed a pair of Dainese Tracker winter gloves & a mate scored a Dririder Nordic 4 jacket which was already heavily discounted for around $240. If i hadn't needed the gloves, i would have bought a jacket to.

04 GS500 Naked   SOLD.
07 SV1000S

zephler

Quote from: s4gs on July 03, 2007, 11:19:25 AM

Peter Stevens in Adelaide is remodeling the store & have moved the accessories section across the street.
While the renovations are happening, thay have a 15%  "off all items instore" sale on. I garbed a pair of Dainese Tracker winter gloves & a mate scored a Dririder Nordic 4 jacket which was already heavily discounted for around $240. If i hadn't needed the gloves, i would have bought a jacket to.

thanks for the peter stevens tip, will visit friday or saturday.... was in Honda world (south rd) last friday and they had the dririder nordic (pretty sure if was 4, same as mine) on sale for $199....... yep and I paid $350 a couple months ago   :mad:

s4gs

Yeah... saw that. Went there Sat. after PS. Limited sizes though. There where some Nordic 3, Nordic 4, Rallycross & a couple of others. Did the sign say $199 or From $199? Can't remember now. They also had some Shoei helmets marked down a fair bit.
One of the salesmen is the son of a friend of mine. If your ever looking to buy a new Honda, ask for Tom.

04 GS500 Naked   SOLD.
07 SV1000S

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk