News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Seattle Area: SNOW DAY

Started by RVertigo, November 01, 2005, 05:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RVertigo

Possibly re-occuring event (based on interest, weather, and finances)

Current Details VOTE:

Crystal Mountain = (2 Vote)
    Mt. Baker = ( Vote)
    Somewhere else that isn't Snoqualmie = ( Vote)[/list:u]

Day:  
      Saturday = (5 Vote)
      Sunday = (3 Vote)
      Weekday Holiday (X-Mas, etc) = (Vote)[/list:u]

Time:  
      Butt-Crack of Dawn = (2 Vote)
      Noonish  = (3 Vote)
      Night Skiiing (Depending on location) = ( Vote)[/list:u]

Carpools:  I have a 4WD Exploder and a 4-Board ski rack...  (Assuming the 4WD still works.   :dunno: ) But, I like to show up around noon and stay until I can no longer walk (usually pretty late, 8-9ish)...  I'm down with going earlier, but I'm still going to want to stay late ('cause night boarding is fun!)

Feel free to cast votes for your friends (as long as they'll ACTUALLY come along)...

Also!!!  Any boarding newbs out there?  I know several people that are still learning to snowboard and always offer new boarders pointers and help...  :thumb:  (Skiers are on their own since I don't know how to ski...  :dunno: ) I'll usually hang out with the newbs until everyone has a basic concepts of getting the gear on, standing up, getting on/off the lift, and heal plowing down the bunny hill...  Then I'll take off for a while and come back later to see how things are progressing...  Repeat.

OK...  SNOW!!!

aaronstj

I'll vote for Steven's, saturday or sunday works for me, and somtime between the buttcrack of dawn and noon.

And I call two spots in the Exploder, if I can.  If not, I can drive myself (but it's always nicer to ride in a 4wd with ski rack).
    1992 Blue Monday, Wileyco, lunchbox, 150/40/3/1, Srinath bars, progressives, fenderectomy

Borak: How come Ogg use one spear, Borak need three?
    Ogg: Not spear, caveman.

RVertigo

Coolio...  It all depends on who's going on what day and how late they wanna stay...

I like to get the most outta my money.   :mrgreen:

I can seat 5 and get 5 boards, as long as one of them is pretty small...  My wife's board is a child board, so it's plenty small.  My sister's board is pretty small too...  But, I have a 161, so it's kinda huge.

The best way to do a trip is to fill a vehicle, so everyone can split gas...  Ends up being cheaper.   :thumb:  Season before last, I went snowboarding three times by myself...  Not very economical, but it's worth it...  I'd even front gas if people didn't have the cash.

aaronstj

My wife is quite small, and we both ski.  Skis + poles take up a little less room than boards, in my experience.
    1992 Blue Monday, Wileyco, lunchbox, 150/40/3/1, Srinath bars, progressives, fenderectomy

Borak: How come Ogg use one spear, Borak need three?
    Ogg: Not spear, caveman.

RVertigo

:thumb:

Yeah...  They're long, but you can usually stash them a little easier than snowboards.

NightRyder

->insert-> just read the last two lines if your lazy, because I'm too lazy to clean this up right now->insert->
    Lets see.. Yes this sounds fun.

My votes!

Location: Steven's Pass is good. Anywhere else is fine too. Mt. Baker closes at 5pm if anyone didn't know. How about Whistler/Blackcomb ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Day: depends on the time.
    --> If noon: any day I don't have to work the next. (sat/sun)
    --> If early as hell: any day I dont have to work and dont have to work the next one. (probably a sat)

Time: see above.

If anyone has a vehicle but can't carry stuff, I can take a ranger. It would hold everyones stuff plus some. (ive always wanted to bring a bbq...  :mrgreen: )

We should take our bikes!  :thumb:

Btw, is this suppose to be a recurring event, or one time shot? If its only once, then everything depends. If its going to go on all winter, (ill be poor!) I vote sunday.

Also, I reserve the right to back out if the snow season sucks ass. FYI I ski now, but only after skiing for 4 years, the boarding for 6, and then getting tired of boarding.

I'll have to ask my friend if he would like to come.

Awww, you know what! we should instead plan for next year, that way we can all get $290 season passes.

So, in conclusion of my long winded post: any day you picked (even by me) will be a toss up on if I can come. Although if theres about a month advance, I can ask for it off, and most likely get it. So, any day is fine. I guess I am going to change my vote for the third time this one post.

Stevens/Saturday/BreakO'Dawn

We should take our bikes!  :thumb:
    Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each BIKE or personal message. BBC code and WORKS may be used in your WELL.

Bluebellylint

Sounds like fun  :thumb:
    My wife and I would love to go
    my vote:
    -Crystal or Stevens
    -Saturday
    -little after "Butt-crack of dawn" through "night skiing"
    We have a two door 200sx (not good for snowboarding) and the GS (lets take the GS's)
    but our being able to go would depend on the date and I would need to get a new board (I broke mine)
    Do at least one thing That Scares You Everyday
    93 GS500EPMatte Black Paint | OEM Cowlings | Fender Eliminated | Shortened Signals | Bar-end Mirrors | Advanced Timing

Jeppy

I don't know anything about snowboarding or skiing. I would like to go but I would just get mess up everyones fun. I plan on renting some equipment this year and taking a few lessons.....Maybe next time.....thanks for the offer.

aevans17

I'd love to go.
    Never been to Stevens so I vote for Crystal/Stevens as those are way better then Snoqualmie.

Day = Saturday/Sunday because either works for me.

Time = I like morning to afternoon riding, so butt crack = afternoon would be my vote.

Thanks for the invite, and I hope to see meet everyone there.
    Such is life

RVertigo

Coolio!  Looks like we have some interest!!!  YAY!!!

Hey Jeppy, you're not gonna wreck everyone's fun!!  There are other people out there that are learning...  It's just about how long you want to be on the mountain and finding rides that match up.

I'm a little crazy and like to stay a long time...  There may be other people that want to stay a few hours.  We just need to match up the people...

If you've never gone, you can go with people and they can help...  Or you can take lessons.   :dunno:  It's up to you...  I never took lessons, I learned from watching other people and talking to my friends about what works.  Like I said, I'm willing to hand out pointers and hang around until you seem to get the basics...  I won't just ditch people when I tell them I'll help out...   :nono:

I have a few other friends that have never gone...  I guarantee newbs will have company.

NightRyder

I talked to my friend, he says he would go. Obviously only when/if I go.
    He voted, close(stevens)/anyday/anytime
    Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each BIKE or personal message. BBC code and WORKS may be used in your WELL.

RVertigo

:thumb:

Updated!

Sweet...  Looks like we might be able to get a decent group together...

I think we need more newbies...  It's way more fun to learn with other people.   :mrgreen:

NightRyder

Yeah, It's true, more people that fall and are slow help you feel like you fit in ;P

Actually it will probably take me a few runs till i figure things out again.

NiceGuysFinishLast

Damn.. I'm jealous.. always wanted to try snowboarding... I'll have to get up there with you guys sometime...
    irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

Hang out there, we may flame, but we don't hate.

My attitude is in serious need of readjustment, and I'm ok with that.

davipu

if there are any other Oregon carnies that want to crash the party lemme know I'll probably be taking the truck up and bringing a bike back

NiceGuysFinishLast

make sure davipu has a few cups (read: POTS) of strong, black coffee to sob.... er.. I mean... uh.. WAKE him up before he drives.... :lol:  :lol:  :thumb:
    irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

davipu

the bed is for holding the empties....

NiceGuysFinishLast

Quote from: drunkiputhe bed is for holding the empties....

"No officer... I'm not drunk, I'm doing community service.. picked ALL those up from the side of the road..."  :lol:  :lol:  :cheers:  :thumb:
    irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

NightRyder

AH!  :o  No way! Stevens Extended the season pass' sale till friday the 4th (tomarrow). I'll call once I get home, but if it's $300 for the season, I might take them up on it. Thats like 6-7 times to break even. Then if I can get my friend to get one too, we'll be going alot this winter.  :mrgreen:

PS. Their web site doesn't list lower prices, but it does say call. Too bad we can't get 20 of us, then we could get group discounts :D (and we'd need a bus!)

RVertigo

$300 for the Full pass or the Weekday pass?   :?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk