News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Tired of shovelinggggg

Started by ShowBizWolf, January 25, 2016, 07:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShowBizWolf

Whooo that was the most snow I've seen overnight in a long time...  :2guns:

All you lovely people out there that live in an area that is free of snow and whatnot... get out and ride for me please  :cheers:

This gal is ready to put the shovel away and get out the lawn mower. I need the sun !!!

Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Big Rich

We didn't get any of that NW of Pitt..... sorry Showbiz. I was actually disappointed.

While I can't ride the bike, I'll be sure to do some winter camping this week. Deal?
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

ShowBizWolf

Omg you lucky fella... I am totally jealous (about not getting any of this snow)!!!

Winter camping, what does that involve? It makes me cold just thinking about it  :icon_eek:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Big Rich

Not freezing to death! Haha..... but seriously, I love the outdoors but can't be out in the sun, so getting back into camping is just a way to "reconnect" with the outside world. I'll be hammock camping in my yard testing out some gear : 0° down underquilt, 40° top quilt, fleece underwear, balaclava, hot water bottle, etc..

I know it sounds crazy, but the overnight lows this week are just below freezing. It's pretty invigorating waking up all toasty warm but seeing frost on everything around you.....

Sorry about all the snow...... but that's one of the benefits of living in PA! We get all 4 seasons...... at least that's what everybody says.
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

Bluesmudge

Wow thats a lot of snow.
I rode from Portland to Seattle and back over the weekend. Cold, around 45 degrees, but tolerable and mostly dry.
Those felt like the 3rd and 4th dry days in 3 months. We've had two months of record setting rain.

barry905

I'm about 400 mils NNE of you and the storm missed us completely (for once). So far this year we've only had a number of small falls, mostly dustings. But that looks serious!  You have my condolences and sympathy. That's a lot of snow.

Nice clean up job though.
Back on bikes and loving it.

ShowBizWolf

Rich, that actually does sound pretty awesome!! It really IS neat when you're outside and supposed to be feeling the cold but you don't.  If I had a hammock and some of that gear, I'd be tempted to try it myself!  All I have is a swing on my porch but that would not be comfy to sleep on all night  ;)

Bluesmudge that is wonderful you got to ride this weekend. 45 degrees and dry is indeed tolerable  :thumb:  Glad you got a break from the rain!!

Thank you Barry for the compliment about my clean up!!! One of my neighbors came through with his snow blower early that morning when we had gotten about half a foot... I have awesome neighbors. Then the snow just kept coming and coming to be about 2 feet total. It stopped about 3pm that afternoon and I headed out around 2 to start shoveling. It'd be nice to have a snow blower but I make due with my little shovel lol.

Since Saturday, it has been getting up to about 45 degrees every day so about half of it has already melted away! Wow  :D

REN69

it's funny how the New york and area always get the big snowstorms first... then in Ontario we get snow ovetime and catch up and more, lol.

I saw one person riding today that it warmed up to 7C, I thought he was nuts, lol

bill14224

Normally here in Buffalo we shovel our arses off, but not this year.  So far this season I have used the snowblower a paltry 4 times.  :woohoo:
V&H pipes, K&N drop-in, seat by KnoPlace.com, 17/39 sprockets, matching grips, fenderectomy, short signals, new mirrors - 10 scariest words: "I'm here from the government and I'm here to help!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk