News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Rear shock upgrade, too good a deal?

Started by nickxedge, October 20, 2014, 01:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickxedge

Planning out upgrades/modifications for the winter and among them I'd like to do the ever popular rear shock upgrade. The katana 600 is apparently the easiest and worth it. Question is: what does it cost?  I know it's a bolt on fit, but what does the shock itself cost? I have seen OEM new for $500+. I lurk various used forums and found a used one off an '06. Pictures look like its in decent shape. It's listed for $30. That sounds too cheap. Any thoughts? Unless they regularly go for that, I feel like I should buy it and take whatever risk is involved. I mean, it's $30.

GS500Schultz

I just did this mod. It's a bolt on and I picked mine up for $25 shipped of ebay.
Just find a clean one.
You don't own a project bike..
The Project bike owns you!

Janx101

Agreed! ... now a tip. .. if you came from a stock shock. .. the very lightest load setting on the katana shock is just about stronger than the highest on the stocker! ... for my ride feel anyway. .. so crank it down low and tighten up 1 position at a time with some RIDING between adjusts. .. you can't get the proper feel of it sitting still!

I initially had mine on 6 because that's what the old stock was set to. ... actually gave me lower back pain/jarring in a minor way. .. eased it back around to 2 and it's superb for me. .. 128kg geared up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk