News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

I put my name on the wait list..

Started by 97gs500e, August 18, 2006, 08:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97gs500e

Quote from: pantablo on August 19, 2006, 09:26:52 PM
interesting, must be a regional thing. cool for you though..when do they expect delivery?

hmm.. 

there are some people ahead of me on "the list", and the dealer here primarily gets the red 675, then yellow, then grey.  It cost me $500 to get on the list, and I should have my bike by mid October at the latest.

I dunno if I can wait that long!  :cry:
'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have..'

'12 CBR1000RR
'01 SV650 (sold)
'03 Ninja 250R (sold)
'05 CRF50F (sold)
'94 DR125SE (sold)
'02 SV650 (sold)
'06 TTR50E (sold)
'05 SV1000S (sold)
'97 GS500E (sold)

blue05twin

Are they offering the pre-ordered 675 in the other Triumph colors?  Not sure if it's true or not but I heard last year they allowed it.  Someone told me they got a white one?
Pilot 22.5, Mid 65 , Mains 147.5, Mixture screw 3.5 turns out

Even if the voices aren't real they have some good ideas.

97gs500e

Quote from: blue05twin on August 20, 2006, 08:30:23 PM
Are they offering the pre-ordered 675 in the other Triumph colors?  Not sure if it's true or not but I heard last year they allowed it.  Someone told me they got a white one?

From what I have heard, only Triumph employees get that kind of color choice.  And for 2007, blue and black are likely to be a part of the line-up.  All us regular dudes only get red, yellow, or grey to choose from.
'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have..'

'12 CBR1000RR
'01 SV650 (sold)
'03 Ninja 250R (sold)
'05 CRF50F (sold)
'94 DR125SE (sold)
'02 SV650 (sold)
'06 TTR50E (sold)
'05 SV1000S (sold)
'97 GS500E (sold)

Kasumi

Went into a triumph dealer the other day so my dad could look at the Sprint ST. They had probably 20-30 675's in colour order lined around the show room packed together. We asked the salesman about em' and he said they had sold every single 675 in the showroom and most of those are ones they have ordered in prebuilt and are all in the queue to be preped before delivery. He said there has been a massive storm to buy that bike since it came out. We couldn't believe it - havn't seen anything like it before. As for the Sprint dad changed his mind after the test ride on that and on a Yam FJR1300. (think its 1300) He's selling his BMW for the FJR now.
Custom Kawasaki ZXR 400

jen_

Quote from: pantablo on August 18, 2006, 10:45:47 PM
red is the most common? not in these parts...I've seen TONS of gold, one grey and NO red ones. Back when I was looking at the d600 the yellow was the hot color but once I saw the red I knew....now I know I wanted HONDA red...LOL...

Wierd.  The only one I have actually seen in real life was this last weekend at Newcomb's.  It was red.  The lines of that bike are awesome.  I was going to ask the owner if I could sit on it, but he didn't stop.  :(
'89 project bike

Jake D

Engle Motors on 23rd, I assume?  I was in there the other day.  Actually a couple months ago.  The only 675 they had was red.  I've only seen red ones in KC.  Come to think of it, I've seen only one in KC.  I've seen more Brutle 910's and 999 and F1000's than I have seen 675's.

Great choice.  I like the butterscortch color. 

We'll have to meet up and hit some twisties when you get it.  :thumb:
2003 Honda VTR1000F Super Hawk 996

Many of the ancients believe that Jake D was made of solid stone.

97gs500e

Quote from: Jake D on August 21, 2006, 03:28:41 PM
Engle Motors on 23rd, I assume? ........

Yeah it was Engle Motors.  It was my first time there, the salesman there was awesome.  He was very calm, cool, and collect.  He seemed like he would make for a good butler.  He also gave my friend and I a tour of the shop/service area. 

It was a long drive home on 435 with traffic and such, (I'm in Overland Park).

Yeah we'll definitely have to go riding!  Where are the twisties anyhow?  All I've got in my area are some clover-leaf entrance/exit ramps.

Waiting for this bike is contributing to sleepless nights.. and I may not get it until mid-to-late-October!  :cry:

'12 CBR1000RR
'01 SV650 (sold)
'03 Ninja 250R (sold)
'05 CRF50F (sold)
'94 DR125SE (sold)
'02 SV650 (sold)
'06 TTR50E (sold)
'05 SV1000S (sold)
'97 GS500E (sold)

pantablo

Quote from: jen_ on August 21, 2006, 03:17:29 PM
Quote from: pantablo on August 18, 2006, 10:45:47 PM
red is the most common? not in these parts...I've seen TONS of gold, one grey and NO red ones. Back when I was looking at the d600 the yellow was the hot color but once I saw the red I knew....now I know I wanted HONDA red...LOL...

Wierd. The only one I have actually seen in real life was this last weekend at Newcomb's. It was red. The lines of that bike are awesome. I was going to ask the owner if I could sit on it, but he didn't stop. :(

yeah, definitely nice lines on it. a couple of scs members have the gold one. and I've seen a few up in ach that were gold also. I dont think I've yet seen a red one actually out on the road. I also saw one or two grey ones on upper 9 mile...
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

makenzie71

I saw a black one...looked like a Senne MV.  They all leave me feeling kind of "ehhh" but that black one was straight sex...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

pantablo

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM
I saw a black one...looked like a Senne MV. They all leave me feeling kind of "ehhh" but that black one was straight sex...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

ooh thats a good one...
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

MarkusN

Nice bike, but what's with the fairing?

Naked aaaaallll the way for me.

Mitch

Nice bike. 

Soon as the dealer show is over at the end of the month my name will probly be on the list for an 07.
01 GS500.

Jake D

Quote from: 97gs500e on August 21, 2006, 06:12:00 PM
Engle Motors on 23rd, I assume? ........

Yeah it was Engle Motors.  It was my first time there, the salesman there was awesome.  He was very calm, cool, and collect.  He seemed like he would make for a good butler.  He also gave my friend and I a tour of the shop/service area. 

Yeah we'll definitely have to go riding!  Where are the twisties anyhow?  All I've got in my area are some clover-leaf entrance/exit ramps.

Waiting for this bike is contributing to sleepless nights.. and I may not get it until mid-to-late-October!  :cry:

I'll show you some pretty fun roads.  My favorite is 5 highway north to Leavenrworth, KS.  You take 435 north past the Kansas Speedway, get off at Walcott exit and go west to the T in the road, then right and it T's again at 5 Highway and Walcott.  Just jump on 5 and go.  There is one stop sign (over a hill, be careful)  on 5.  Go right.  Take the twistie to Leavenworth and turn around and run it back.  It is a blast.  Just pm when you get your bike and I can meet you somewhere.
2003 Honda VTR1000F Super Hawk 996

Many of the ancients believe that Jake D was made of solid stone.

97gs500e

Quote from: MarkusN on August 22, 2006, 06:24:30 AM
Nice bike, but what's with the fairing?

Naked aaaaallll the way for me.

I used to think the same way, but I've been riding a friends' old Yamaha Seca II the last few weeks, and when runnin 75-80mph on the highway, the difference that fairing makes vs my old 97 naked GS is incredible.

Quote from: Jake D on August 22, 2006, 07:22:14 AM
Quote from: 97gs500e on August 21, 2006, 06:12:00 PM
Engle Motors on 23rd, I assume? ........

I'll show you some pretty fun roads. My favorite is 5 highway north to Leavenrworth, KS. You take 435 north past the Kansas Speedway, get off at Walcott exit and go west to the T in the road, then right and it T's again at 5 Highway and Walcott. Just jump on 5 and go. There is one stop sign (over a hill, be careful) on 5. Go right. Take the twistie to Leavenworth and turn around and run it back. It is a blast. Just pm when you get your bike and I can meet you somewhere.

I'll let ya know when I get the bike, and hopefully it won't be too cold, however I rode all through last winter (provided the roads were clear).

'12 CBR1000RR
'01 SV650 (sold)
'03 Ninja 250R (sold)
'05 CRF50F (sold)
'94 DR125SE (sold)
'02 SV650 (sold)
'06 TTR50E (sold)
'05 SV1000S (sold)
'97 GS500E (sold)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk