News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

The "What Is This?" game

Started by adidasguy, November 16, 2012, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShowBizWolf

Ahh I was gonna guess that too! But hadda get ready and go to work lol... and mmmm taco salads <3 <3 <3
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

qcbaker

Quote from: rscottlow on June 07, 2017, 11:47:43 AM
Precisely! Honestly, they don't work all that well. I got them in a white elephant gift exchange several years ago, and have used them maybe twice. I love a good taco salad, but I want one of those delicious fried tortilla bowls they use at the mexican restaurants...

PROTIP: Spray both sides of the tortilla all over with cooking spray before baking it. It gets closer to the fried texture at the restaurants. Though, truly nothing beats a deep fryer lol.

Here's a tough one:

If nobody gets it, I'll post some hints.

rscottlow

Good tip! I'll give that a try. I have no clue what that thing is...

Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

ShowBizWolf

Is it a holder or a mount for something? This IS a good one!
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

iPhone Telescope Adapter for iAstrophotography!
Carson Optical Universal Optics Adapter HD
i cheated with googling,... :oops:

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

rscottlow

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on June 08, 2017, 10:40:20 AM

I was going to say some sort of television mount, but it's too small for that.

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on June 08, 2017, 11:15:14 AM

Cheater!  :flipoff:
That's really cool though! What do you use yours for QC?
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

sodacitymoto

oo oo! I'm joining in this  8)
I've got bikes in my blood.

qcbaker

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on June 08, 2017, 11:15:14 AM

But yes, that's exactly what it is lol.

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on June 08, 2017, 10:40:20 AM

You were on the right track, Showbiz.

Quote from: rscottlow on June 08, 2017, 11:28:40 AM
That's really cool though! What do you use yours for QC?

It's actually not mine, its my girlfriend's. She studies developmental biology/genetics. So, she uses it in the lab whenever she needs to look at something under the microscope.

Okay, so what are the rules regarding cheating here. Does cbrfxr get to post the next one, or does Showbiz since she got the closest without cheating?

Watcher

I don't think there were any specific rules regarding "cheating".  Usually it's pretty hard to do.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

sodacitymoto

Quote from: Watcher on June 08, 2017, 11:57:43 AM
I don't think there were any specific rules regarding "cheating".  Usually it's pretty hard to do.

Yeah I'd call it "resourceful" ;)

ShowBizWolf

And I wouldn't say I got it cuz it was just a guess to narrow it down a bit haha... I can't say I'd have ever ended up with cbr's kind of specifics lol!!!

qcbaker

:dunno_black: Alrighty then. Cbr, you're up!

rscottlow

Quote from: qcbaker on June 08, 2017, 11:56:23 AM
It's actually not mine, its my girlfriend's. She studies developmental biology/genetics. So, she uses it in the lab whenever she needs to look at something under the microscope.

Pretty cool. I was hoping for something astronomy-related. I've always been fascinated by what's out there...

Quote from: Watcher on June 08, 2017, 11:57:43 AM

Yep, I had considered trying to look online, but didn't even know what to use for my search query.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

cbrfxr67

ok lemme find something interesting,.... :laugh:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

cbrfxr67

sorry for gigantic pics - this shouldnt be too hard

-buddha

sodacitymoto

Quotethis shouldnt be too hard

Great now I feel stupid.   :icon_rolleyes:

Is it some kind of filter? It looks like that's a sock on top  :icon_lol:

rscottlow

Quote from: sodacitymoto on June 09, 2017, 10:06:03 AM
Quotethis shouldnt be too hard

Great now I feel stupid.   :icon_rolleyes:

Is it some kind of filter? It looks like that's a sock on top  :icon_lol:

Same. It looks like something for dust collection, though. Like you'd see attached to a saw to collect the sawdust...but the opening is to attach some sort of hose...for compressed air? Sorry, that's all I've got.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

sodacitymoto

It DEFINITELY looks like it came off of a Ford tractor, though.

Watcher

Looks to me like a remedial or home made airbrush.

Or something used to purge an air compressor, but why it would be bagged makes no sense to me.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

cbrfxr67

hee hee
It uses air.  Not off Ford tractor but that's really funny :)

"sock on top"
:D

Hint is that you use silica with it.
-buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk