Author Topic: from r/motorcycles  (Read 141 times)

Online mr72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • World Superbike Racer
  • Musician, Engineer, Sci-Fi Author
    • Josh's Books
from r/motorcycles
« on: June 07, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »
this was pretty hysterical, from a Honda manual circa 1962:

Offline qcbaker

• World Supersport Racer
Re: from r/motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 06:08:50 PM »
I'll be sure to tootel my horn trumpet with vigor next time i encounter the skid demon.

Online mr72

• World Superbike Racer
  • Musician, Engineer, Sci-Fi Author
    • Josh's Books
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:29:01 PM »
I'll be sure to tootel my horn trumpet with vigor next time i encounter the skid demon.

I'm not really confident that doing so will save the collapse and the tie up. It will just make it noisier.

Maybe try exploding the exhaust box so you might cause fright to the skid demon when on the grease mud. ?

Offline qcbaker

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »
I mean, the instructions CLEARLY state to tootel passengers of the foot with vigor if they are obstacling your path. If the skid demon is in my path, I'm tooteling that sonofabitch with as much vigor as I can muster.

Interesting that they advocate pressing the brake foot as you roll around corners in the grease mud. To me, that seems more like a way of summoning the skid demon than a way to save the collapse and tie up.

Offline KHnTX

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 07:35:10 PM »
I think you should try exploding the exhaust box so you cause fright to the passenger of the foot so he collapse and tie up with the skid demon under the grease mud.

Offline qcbaker

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »
https://patenttranslator.wordpress.com/2015/04/27/the-mystery-of-alleged-translation-of-how-to-ride-motorcycles-from-japanese/

Not to be a party pooper, but it does appear that this is fake. Or, at least, it never appeared in any actual Honda manual.

I'm still gonna vigorously tootel anyone who obstacles my path though.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:41:15 PM by qcbaker »

Offline pliskin

• Rick Flair's fluff boy
  • World Supersport Racer
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 08:32:31 PM »
This is description on the box of one of those flashlights you pump with your hand. I assume it was translated into English by someone who's first language is NOT English.

Hand-Pressing Flashlight
1. This product is a new science and technology product and made with high and new science and technology. It can illuminate only placing in rhythm.

2. No need any power no environmental pollution. Low noise and health. Comparing with common torch, it can be several times on lift.

3. Con stantly using this health torch, it can benefit to your palm, arm and shoulder stretching and blood circulation, so as to let your hands relax and brain clever, hand and brain coor dinate and promote your brain memory and health composition.
Why are you looking here?

Offline barry905

• AMA Supersport Racer
  • Too old to be a boy racer!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 09:59:14 PM »
I can't remember where I got this one from, but it's some marketing blurb for the new SV -

– For 2018, Suzuki presents another form of a notable bike that encapsulates the energetic identity that lone a vivacious, moderate sized V-twin roadster can convey. The new SV650 ABS* has a cleaned powerplant that furnishes expanded execution with low emanations and extraordinary efficiency, mated to refined trim and lightweight frame that conveys an energetic, energizing ride. Like its forerunners, the 2017 SV650 ABS guarantees to have the shimmering execution, style and esteem that a wide scope of riders will appreciate.

Fluid cooled, 645cc, 4-stroke, DOHC, V-twin motor conveys expanded execution.
    Refined EFI framework with Low RPM Assist makes departures smooth and wonderful.
    Trellis-style outline developed of high-quality steel tubes adds to the cruiser’s lower weight and trim frame.
    Thin bodywork is stylishly satisfying while helping solace and mobility.
    Adapted Suzuki “S” 3-D insignias on the fuel tank and the fork upper section signifies the quality, advancement and execution legacy of the brand.
    An assortment of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for SV proprietors will be accessible.

645cc DOHC 90°V-twin motor has been refined with more than 60 new parts to deliver expanded drive while adjusting the most recent emanation necessities.
    The vitality proficient motor has new cylinders that were designed with utilization of FEM (Finite Element Method) examination to accomplish ideal unbending nature and weight.
    Suzuki’s creative L-formed cylinder rings add to lessen pass up gas, bringing about less outflows and more prominent burning productivity.
    The Engine Control Module (ECM) gives cutting edge motor administration and has improved settings to suit the admission and fumes frameworks, bringing about better mileage and straight throttle reaction.
    The TI-ISC on the SV650 has a new Low RPM Assist highlight that consistently alters motor speed amid take-off and low-speed racing to smooth the power conveyance and to help dispose of the likelihood of the rider slowing down the cruiser.
    The SV650 highlights another Suzuki Easy Start framework (which was initially included on the GSX-S1000) gives the rider a chance to begin the bike with a passing press of the begin switch without pulling in the grip lever when the transmission is in nonpartisan.
    The new fumes framework has a spotless, useful appearance and lower weight. The 2-into-1 framework has a catalyzer to additionally lessen discharges.
    The recently composed, high-effectiveness radiator has a broadened cooling fan for remarkable cooling limit. To further control temperature, the motor is likewise fitted with a coolant-cooled, oil cooler that is smaller and lightweight.

The prepared to-ride weight of the NEW SV650 ABS is 18 pounds not exactly the 2015 SFV650 ABS. The check weight of the new SV650 is 15 pounds not exactly the SFV650.
    The high-quality steel, trellis-style casing is critical to the bike’s trim and canny measurements. The seat tallness is only 785mm (30.9 in.) and is the most minimal in the 600 – 800cc road bicycle class.
    The casing is mated to a steel, shaft sort swingarm with a direct chain strain agent framework.
    Electronically monitored slowing mechanism System (ABS*) screens wheel speed 50 times for every wheel turn, and matches ceasing energy to accessible footing.
    Thoughtfulness regarding rider solace and certainty incorporates a deliberately formed seat with a high-hold cover, and coordinated payload maintenance circles that can haul out from under the seat.
    Dashing stripes and refined fuel tank shape upgrades the cruiser’s lively character. Fuel tank limit is an adequate 14.5L (3.8 US lady), CA display (13.8L, 3.6 US lady).

Enjoy.

Back on bikes and loving it.

Offline user11235813

• AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 06:56:48 AM »
I first saw this in London 1975 where it was stuck on the side of the E6 processing machine...

Das machine is nicht für gefingerpoken und mittengrabben.  Ist easy
schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und corkenpoppen mit
spitzensparken.  Ist nicht für gewerken by das dummkopfen.  Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets.  Relaxen und
vatch das blinkenlights!!!