News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Quick release fuel line

Started by Kito, July 30, 2018, 03:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kito

Quick tip for those who like me are always pulling the tank to tweak the bike (carbs , valves.. etc..)

I became tired of take the fuel hoses from the petcock and then, the worst part put the lines there again with the respective hose clamps (devil clamps I think someone called them like this , I believe due to the resembling of  :icon_twisted:).

I bought 2 pairs of these (6.30 mm)

(search for: Fuel Line Quick Release Connect Connector Motorcycle Hose)

Became quite handy... I put it about a month... they are working fine.. very satisfied.

Those squared gray parts are like buttons (each female has two , one facing another)

You just need to press them and pull the male out.

Hope that can be useful to someone.

Cheers  :cheers:
2004 Track/Street Rat .... or maybe just trash!
Reverse Gear Shifting (topic=72206.0)
Quick and Cheap Shifter (topic=72099.0)
Gear indicator (topic=72403.0)
Thumb Brake Loading (topic=72143.0)
Clipons

lowfly

Kito

Hey Man, I almost forgot this post... here is how it looks like installed.. (I usually put a color code on things.. not pretty.. but very useful). If you are considering to use this connectors.. buy a third one and put on the carb fuel line... I regret not have done it.. here in brazil.. things take ages to arrive.. so for now.. I will leave as it is.
Clipons

mr72

I love this idea! I had the same type of fuel connectors (stock) on my Miata. This would make life a lot easier pulling the tank on and off, which I hope to rarely have to do but find myself doing all the time.

Kilted1

Neat idea!  I think I'd go with straight connectors and put them up, just below the tank.  Provided there's room in there.  Also reverse one from the other so there's no chance of getting them confused.  More stuff to order/play with over the winter.  :D

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Kito

The only drawback.. is that a bit of fuel leak from the hose when disconnecting... I use a piece of paper towel to absorb it for each line... I think this is important for you to know.

Clipons

ShowBizWolf

This is great! Thank you for sharing :cheers:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

max

I did the same thing a while ago when replacing my fuel lines, using straight couplers instead. A photo's attached for anyone that's interested!

I used 8mm connectors, which had an ID of 6.35mm iirc.

They're also great if you've got an auxiliary fuel tank for diagnosing carb issues etc. for easy connecting.

Quote from: Kilted1 on September 10, 2018, 09:30:51 AM
Also reverse one from the other so there's no chance of getting them confused. 
So simple, that's a great idea!

Kito

Quote from: max on September 11, 2018, 09:09:21 AM
I did the same thing a while ago when replacing my fuel lines, using straight couplers instead. A photo's attached for anyone that's interested!

I used 8mm connectors, which had an ID of 6.35mm iirc.

They're also great if you've got an auxiliary fuel tank for diagnosing carb issues etc. for easy connecting.

Quote from: Kilted1 on September 10, 2018, 09:30:51 AM
Also reverse one from the other so there's no chance of getting them confused. 
So simple, that's a great idea!

Fu%$%¨... how could you do it in so elegant way??? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

My work seems like trash now... LOL   :D :D :D
Clipons

max

Quote from: Kito on September 11, 2018, 12:18:35 PM

Fu%$%¨... how could you do it in so elegant way??? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

My work seems like trash now... LOL   :D :D :D

Haha, I'm just putting shiny things on to detract from the rust covering the rest of the bike 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk