News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Portland Oregon

Started by Bluesmudge, May 26, 2017, 12:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesmudge

I moved to Portland a few years ago from Seattle.

I know there are a lot of GS500 owners in the Seattle area but I'm wondering if any of you are in Portland? Could be fun to get together for some wrenching or riding. I have a half decent garage set up with most tools needed to work on a GS.

yamahonkawazuki

by chance while in seattle, were you acquainted with patrick lajko? ( adidasguy?) your username looks VERY familiar.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Bluesmudge

Yes, absolutely. You probably saw my username in some of Patrick's posts. There were a couple years where I spent a lot of time in the bike cave with Patrick. I miss him a lot. Patrick was likely the nicest and most honest human being I will ever meet in life.
Patrick's passion for the GS bikes is the reason I have never sold mine. The guy made a pretty good living from what I could tell, so I thought it was funny that he focused so much on what most people consider to be a beginners bike. The care he took in bringing neglected GS500s back to showroom condition was inspiring and perplexing at the same time. I think some of us see a little bit of ourselves in the GS500.

Posting here I was hoping to find some other people with GS500s in Portland so I could continue building a community around these silly little bikes.

yamahonkawazuki

the gs has to be the perfect city bike. minimal cost to run unless you go patrick style lol GOD bless him lol. by chance was it you that rode the gs to alaska or was that another bike cavee? sorry for the threadjack lol. theres bound to be a few in your area, heres hoping they at least sign jup here. i could send you a few decals if you want. ( if you find another gs er offer them a decal. i used to find a gs here or there, and place a decal  in that divide between the tank and seat. ( i know its a "violation" of biker etiquette) but meh they didnt seem to mind. anyhoo enough of a monster reply lol. heres hoping to locate some riders near you.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk