News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Malibu ride saturday 5th

Started by VersOne, November 04, 2005, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VersOne

I'm going riding up in Malibu tomorrow...11.05.05. Anybody who wants to come is  welcome.

Meeting at sunset/pch gas station at 10:00am
Versone.

02 CBR 600 F4i
95 GS500 (Sold)
93 ninja 250 (bad rod...damn!)

Soaring

where are you going, how fast and how long total?
'90 GS

VersOne

I usually go up there...do a nice little loop...prolly like 50+ miles..then we break for lunchy....then after lunch we usually make our way back to pch depending on how much juice we have left....

"how fast"...I take it you are asking me how fast I ride....I've only been riding for like a year and half..so I consider myself an advanced noob.

Usually ride at a mildly spirited pace...I guess...that's what you would call it...

peace
Versone.

02 CBR 600 F4i
95 GS500 (Sold)

pantablo

Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

TheGoodGuy

i agree with pablo.. damn you both.. my bike isnt exactly rideable..

grrr .. i got to fix my leaking oil pan or whatever it is.
'01 GS500. Mods: Katana Shock, Progessive Springs, BobB's V&H  Advancer Clone, JeffD's LED tail lights & LED licence plate bolt running lights, flanders superbike bars, magnet under the bike. Recent mods: Rejet with 20/62.5/145, 3 shims on needle, K&N Lunch box.

VersOne

Quote from: pantablodamn you both.

:nana:  

On a serious note....how much time before the collarbone heals up....what about the bike?
Versone.

02 CBR 600 F4i
95 GS500 (Sold)

Soaring

hey Pablo, how is that we are praying for you and you are cursing at us? :dunno:  :lol:
'90 GS

Soaring

Vers, are there a lot of people usually riding with you? My experience is a couple of months so I am kinda slow... and since I crashed last week I might get a tendency to get even slower for a while :) anyway, I am not even sure if I can make it in time as I just put a new bar on the bike (and snapped another bolt, dumbass  :x ) and it's like 9:17 already
'90 GS

pantablo

Quote from: VersOne:nana:  

On a serious note....how much time before the collarbone heals up....what about the bike?

another 4 weeks minimum on the collarbone/ribs and I cant really work on the bike until I have use of the arm-maybe 2-3 weeks? I need to replace the upper fairing stay (and my helmet) at a minimum to get the bike back on the road. I'd need both arms to get the street upper back on.

Quote from: Soaringhey Pablo, how is that we are praying for you and you are cursing at us?
all in jest, but you knew that. I'm just jealous you're riding. two weeks into the healing and I'm officially ready for it to be over. Ribs have started to really hurt. Have to break into the Vicodin on a regular basis but only 1/2 tablet at a time.

This sucks.
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

davipu

you know Pablo if you put a mop on your head under your helmet you can ride Buddha Loves You on the back of my bike.

Soaring

just came back. malibu is scary.
'90 GS

poormanracing

:lol: ...i felt the same way when i went there before...got to came back there though...face my fear...how was the weather? was it cold?

Soaring

no, it was absolutely fantastic, the most thrilling thing that happened to me in years :) I am definitely going back there as soon as I get my new springs. ACH feels like such a joke after malibu  :lol: I still think it's way too tight for me at the moment, but hey, that's where you learn  :thumb:
'90 GS

pantablo

ach/afh/uppet big tujunga are all fast flowing roads that require high speeds to really enjoy.

malibu is tight for the most part and much lowwer speeds are required to have fun, but lots of those canyon roads are residential and have too many driveways and blind corners for my taste. I choose ach over malibu usually but still find malibu fun on some weekdays...
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

Soaring

just noticed that I left my 1000th mile behind me somewhere in Malibu. Sweeeeeet  :thumb:
'90 GS

Katelynn9051

Quote from: davipuyou know Pablo if you put a mop on your head under your helmet you can ride Buddha Loves You on the back of my bike.

Am i the only one seeing a patern here?:wink:

pandy

Quote from: Katelynn9051Am i the only one seeing a patern here?:wink:

I'm seeing a SPAM pattern here. Freakin' spammers DIE!!!
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk