News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Home theatre setup

Started by yamahonkawazuki, September 30, 2015, 01:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

Since im confined to house for a while due to failing health and bone fracture non healing  ( non union) i decided to set up properly my Home theatre setup.to enjoy while i clear house ( cleanup etc) the reciever has a feature where it sets up the speakers. it tunes it all. using test tones  and a roughly 100 point EQ. its called YPAO reciever is a Yamaha Rx v665. speakers are jbl northridge   setup sub is a polk 12" powered sub. i figured instead of purchasing the setup mic i used my turtle beach headphones. i powered them from my pc. plugged its mic into setup port. said press enter to start YPAO setup. so i did. took 2 minutes. it tuned speakers PERFECTLY. i friggin want to crank it. lol. when it setup the sub, it tuned it and the low sub bass test tone it made the marble wall in living room hum. ( opposite end of house) lol. after it finished. it told me of issues of my friggin house  accoustics. compensating for it. today im going to passively ignore docs orders for no weight bearing on right leg.  will put aircast on and do what i can. ( buddhas seen the clutter lol :S. :(. will be on my feet or moving at floor level to clean house. anyhoo i digress, this setup was awesome. the northridge speakers are tuned perfectly. sadly will hate to see it go [ selling it eventually for health reasons) anyhoo sorry about my ramble. :( if you purchase a home theatre reciever that can do a mic setup. ( you place mic where you sit. it and reciever will tune and set it up. sets up speakers, measures room lol by test tones. my  god sound was beautiful. use this type of setup if you can. trust me it will amaze you.. most upper tier recievers will do this. my R v665 or my rx v861 which i will eventually get running. onkyo has this as well. i think pioneer might have it too.. anyhoo i posted this so we can discuss setups proper placement of speakers. and general Home theatre setup.  '). time to rest ankle killing me again . house cleanup tomorrow 9 errm today since i never slept lol :[ anyhoo post away. questions answers , assistance with electronics and general Home theatre discussion :) [/ramble]
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

The Buddha

And ... Down the rabbit hole he goes ... LOL. If you find me down there, remind me to go home OK.

Anyway I'm attempting my first trafo swap sometime.

Someone brought me a Yamaha DSP AX1 made for Japan. 100v input.
The amp is same as a RX-V1 - and I got one of em recently. Hope to measure a few things and try a swap.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

yamahonkawazuki

im trying to keep it tbh. the 665 and the jbl northridge and sub (polk) are a perfect match. the polks cabinet is kinda dodgy you can hear it chuff a but if you lean over it but the yam set it up taking that into account. it detected the chuff thru thebsetup mic. i was able to use the 861s remote to do this at 4am tbh idk if i slept or not lol. got to gain weight cause i have a surgery mid november to implant a spinal cord stimulator. i look at myself saying in too skinny lol. anyhoo back to the yam. going to work it HARD. think for now ill use the 665 til i do the transplant.. those transformers are HARD to find.. i was amazed they were identical. same part number and everything.. this itransplant will happen in near future. i want to use the 861.i took the onkyo out to put the yam back in.. ill ha e to redo the yam speaker setup cause im going to relocate the equipment in near future after surgeries are done.  :/ i was envious of that equipment you had. its stuff you dont see every day. thats why i paid 25 untested at goodwill. and its all in perfect shape. thats why im hesitant to let it go. will find other ways to pay bills.  my sister was visiting.bas soon as she leaves im cranking it. my ortho tem just called and put me back on non weight bearing both ankles. but i have to clean house. so doing it carefully. i think ive got around 4300 mp3s  on the pc.. its my jukebox lol
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

The Buddha

What caused the trafo in the 861 to blow ?

BTW You have a YPAO mic that looks like a mini Eiffel tower ? I need one of those - bad.

Cool.
Buddha.

yamahonkawazuki

Nearby lightning strike got the 861 ( power surge). i used my turtle beach headphone mic. for the YPAO it worked perfectly. audio is PERFECT.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

The Buddha

If the 861 and the 665 share the same trafo and they have the same output transistors, that leaves just 1 section before I declare the 2 would sound alike - the dac section. Its mainly got dac chips and opamps. If those are the same - you'd get the same sound out of both.

The YPAO mic is what I think the Z9 needs, I used a denon audessey mic and it has messed it up.

Cool.
Buddha.

yamahonkawazuki

the turtle beach mic set mine up. it is perfect.  if i take care of the case issues on the subwoofer thereby killing the chuffing issue, will do even better. the chuffing is the case. when i ran the YPAO i placed the mic next to where i sit. if i move away toward kitchen audio falls off a bit. still awesome but falls off. i move back into the zone it is epic. would be even better if i properly place the speakers lol.. soulds EPIC on beethoven or bach. ( ive a few tracks on my pc for setting up a stereo. i digress i was sitting on floor in front of entertainment center while running YPAO. titanium  plate (on my right leg) vibrated when the subwoofer ran its setup. my GOD that was uncomfortable. cant move tho. the mic i used was sensitive . it will pick me up moving.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

The Buddha

I remember when in 2009 I posted asked about HT crap on here.
Good guy whose last name is Bose ironically steered me away from Bose. I got Infinity RS625's and a kenwood and a RCA linaeum book shelf - which I still own 5-6 pairs of BTW.
The RS625 and the Kenwood are long gone, but I have 1000's their ilk now. Both vintage and new amps and speakers etc.
In winter 2010 I found the first amp that I realized I'd have to have atleast 1 of for the rest of my life. I have rounded up a few more in that class.

Anyway enjoy this sickness my friend. And get better from your other ones.

Cool.
Buddha.

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk