News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

The rest of the bikes are envious lol
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

peteGS

Hahahaha there were a few turned heads along the way.

We went through a little township called Dayboro on the way back which is quite a popular spot for riders to stop in at the bakery for a coffee and some food. There weren't many bikes there on Saturday but all the riders were on the balcony and I think I saw every head swivel in our direction as we road past  :icon_lol:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

That's when you know you've done it right.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Sometimes I think it's just shock at seeing so many 35+ year old bikes at the same time in the same place and actually being ridden  :icon_lol:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Ordered a set of clubman 'bars for the 450 last Friday... they've been sitting in a warehouse with a sorted ready to be delivered to the courier since Tuesday night... called the courier yesterday only to be told no they haven't been given to the courier yet...  :technical:

Why is it so hard to get good service these days?
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

They have this ability to sense when you desire something, and they take their sweet time lol.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Yep that sounds about right!

So what's going on for everyone else? Gotten real quiet here again... come on CBR, Janxy, Showbiz, and you Yama... what gives? Anything?
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Hahahahahaha

One of our cats appeared on the cover of Pets and Vets magazine a number of years ago (before I met my wife) and was wearing a nurse's hat. Over the years she collected quite a few hats after that but she never seemed to wear them... RIP Puddy, she was a great little cat too.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

Could prolly put that weird hat over a Moto helmet lol.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

overheard on a youtube video. Tongue and groove....kinda like the house the lesbians built.not a stud in sight. lol

Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

:o :icon_lol: Oh geeeez hahahaha

Showbiz block your ears!  :icon_razz:

Ordered clubman 'bars for the 450 over a week ago, finally arrived yesterday which is highly inconvenient timing. A bit awkward trying to swap 'bars out on a week night. I think they'll be ok although the front master cylinder reservoir may be getting a little close to the Acewell gauge, have to wait and see on that one.

So, Wednesday after work I'll pop it up on the centre stand and will ride the Kat Thursday/Friday which will give me the opportunity to swap the 'bars out but also drop the swingarm axle out and get the footpegs and levers off so I can start mocking up the rearsets too.

Can't have a second Kat? Make the 450 feel like a Kat as much as possible  :D

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ShowBizWolf

Hahaha I'm almost always up for lesbian jokes !!! Now I suppose I gotta watch that vid :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

I love the look of clubman bars. Always wanted to try them on my bike but never have. Can't wait to see what you do Pete!

I actually finished up what I wanted to do to my bike but haven't had a chance to upload the pics and update my thread. I'ma have to do that this week sometime.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

peteGS

Yep you sure do need to do that! If you did stuff, but didn't post pics, did it really happen?  :laugh: :icon_razz:

I shall keep y'all updated with the 450 progress.

My hope by the end of this weekend is to have the clubmans on using all the existing switch gear, levers, and mirrors, and also to have mocked up the ZX12 rearsets using some timber so I can get the brackets right. I'll endeavour then to get some 10 to 12mm thick 6061 T6 aluminium plate to make the brackets out of.

You know I just realised I should probably actually make a thread about this... after all it's a GS Twin, it's not the Kat...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

Okey doke... time to venture outside of LPW... thread is up! http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=73191.0

It feels... strange...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

cbrfxr67

Saw this on the chinebike forum earlier and was

the up ramp parts kills me
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

peteGS

Hahahahahahahhhaa oh that's gold!!!
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

Going to have to live without the Kat for about a month in the new year... right fork seal is leaking and no point replacing it until I get the fork legs rechromed to get rid of the pitting that caused it.

That's $AU380 and a 3 week turnaround time, so might as well say a month between dismantling and reassembling the forks etc.

To add insult to injury the left carb float bowl gasket has started to leak while on the sidestand, so I'll need to replace the gaskets as well by the looks.

The fun never ends right?  :hithead: :icon_mrgreen: :dunno_black:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

Sooooo... did I kill LPW starting my 450 thread? Does this mean I win LPW by proxy?  :icon_mrgreen:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk