News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Doctors advice. heed it

Started by yamahonkawazuki, August 30, 2015, 11:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

Guys/gals if your doc tells you to do something, DO IT.  im winning the DOTY ( dumba** of the year) award for 2015 broke  both ankles the right one 2x lol. was under strict orders for no weight bearing on either leg. i now have an appointment with an oncologist and my surgeon on the 4th. of september. id say ill be fine. just that cancer runs in the family. scaring the begeez out of me. ( protein levels were/are out of whack.) had it not been for complications this past week id probably not have known my diabetes threw me a number.  so inclosing do what doc says Eh? even if you dont like it. DO IT.  :)
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

fakejimmymorgan

Good advice. Got a clear scan yesterday. Thought my riding days were over before they'd started again. All the best mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yamahonkawazuki

freaks me out. have to address this fridaywas kinda weird when i first saw how much weight i lost...   IN A WEEK. went from 151 to 124 .. on my pb acct under gstwin. i weighed in nearly 155. on my 97 in the dragon. going to get a selfie of me anf photochop it on my old gs. size difference is weird lol
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

:cheers: :angel: woo hoo up to 132. my metabolism is FAST
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

up to 137 lbs now. heading in the right direction. have an 830am appt with surgeon to evaluate right foot. if it is not fusing in the right direction i may lose it. am petrified over this. i do not want to be a monopod if i can avoid it. i have ridden my last gs using one foot ( had ankle sprain a few years back. when i rode thru dragon. when i would come to a stop would use left foot to prop self up.) but damn i dont want to be perm this way. this is why i am that scared. am def. NO WEIGHT ON IT AT ALL. ive not heeded these instrux. have done my best, but still have to bear weight on it at times. i.e. bathroom etc. looking for work i can do in a wheelchair. i need yalls prayers on this. if i become a monopod so be it. i can handle that. yours truly,
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Joolstacho

Yep, death is in the chase.
I had a (surprise) heart op (MVR) back in March, WOW!!! Didn't expect that.
Later, got diagnosed with emphysema, and then, last week, lung cancer. Aw this is gonna be a fun ride!
All this came after I gave up smoking! (U.S. readers, this is that thing called IRONY!)

Nahh, got to laugh, don't lose the sense of humour, we're here for a good time not a long time.  Do right by other people, that's all.
After the heart op I needed to ascertain whether I could do 2 things: Root, and Ride in that order. Yep, done that, all good (But I need to keep practising to get it right).
That will also be my measure of success after the lung operation. I'll see. (May let you know, may not).

Brrm brrrm, suzi in the shed waiting...

I'm lucky, my cancer is small and doesn't seem to have spread, so with a bit of luck my surgeon will be able to slice the little alien out before it does too much damage.
Beam me up Scottie....

yamahonkawazuki

damn bro. dealing with same issues almost.bdiagnosed with COPD 6 mos ago. cut smoking down to less than half pack a day. hoping it doesnt progress. having severee pain now in right leg. have to see surgeon at 830bwill be there at 700 (only ride avail.) going to try to wheelchair to asian buffet to eat like no tomorrow. lunch buffet almost 50% cheaper. only if it is close to hosp. if not theres kfc close by lol. costs of items for leg adding up. anyhoo my friend please do post details of your issues whether via post or pm. please. our issues are quite similar. i dont mind if this thread stays  as a support forum for all. for yourself, myself, for whomever needs it. i wont be working for the forseeable future. i can tend it :). yours truly,
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

at surgeons office. hoping he can stop this damned pain. nervous as can be. after im done here if not hospitalised, im going to get updated xrays and try to find lunch. luck, karma, prayers, and all requsted. :). will update afterwards. xrays posted here this sunday. will somehow make it to church and use my office computer. interesting stuff lol :S
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

getting destapled now. then casted. provided no further damage has occured. i get castexd then come  back in a week. but damn this burns right now
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

this blows. got casted bright orange. why not Eh? am in UT area lol. but in this for 3 weeks.  no load bearing whatsoever.  after this it is removed proved no more damage., then i go into another moonboot. a nike air model lol. not really but it has air bladders i can inflate. so im lookin at 6 weeks of no income minimum, then i begin physical therapy to get use of ankle back. then i can put weight on it as tolerated. then provided no further damage, i can be cleared to seek work. all the while debt piles up.lol.. other than that, tis beena decent day
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

just realised something. on sundays my nickname will be sore thumb. because i will stick out like one.
my wheelchair is black as are my pants. maybe shirt too. yet cast is safety orange.  ( coulda went with hot pink lol SERIOUSLY) i may go to church blacked out tomorrow. everything black cept for orange cast. normally have white shirt on. think im blackin out once for giggles. lol. gotta have some fun i guess. not much else to do
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

time to pass out will talk at another time :S :) lol
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

time to pass out will talk at another time :S :) lol
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

cast applied today covering my foot to just below my knee. damn now it takes me 5 mins to make the bathroom. cant move for nuthin lol :(. didnt eat hardly. night isnt over yet though
".
A proud Mormon

The Buddha

Hope you get better my friend.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Joolstacho

Beam me up Scottie....

yamahonkawazuki

never realise how much you value your ankles being able to pivot in angle until theyre locked at 90 deg. either in a splint or in a cast.. in my case both. moonboot on left and cast on right  lol. takes me 5 minutes to walk the length of my home to pee lol. this blows. or better yet you never realise how much you value those power doors in a doctors office
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

damn no appetite lol. gotta work on that. going to try making home made mac and cheese for tomorrow :)
".
A proud Mormon

Electrojake

Is there another word for synonym?  :dunno_black:
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk