News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

New GoPro! Why I love Hawaii. (last Page)

Started by hawaiianGS, February 26, 2012, 02:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiianGS

Thought I would post the ride I took this morning. It made for a great day. I broke into 3 parts.  In order, top to bottom.  Thanks

http://youtu.be/QjOeZ0HOY8Y
http://youtu.be/6OtUaMNF8pU
http://youtu.be/2TvO40ezyNE

The wife bought me a new GoPro, so I had to test it out.  First time editing and using it. Let me know what you think.  Yes, I know the driving sucks. I was more worried about the video, (bad idea, i know). And yes, I know the camera needs to be pointed up more.  Like I said first time, I'm still learning. Old dog, new tricks.  Anyway, any ideas to make it better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pyD8SjFz2s&feature=youtu.be
If you can feel the wind in your hair... you need to put a helmet on.

codajastal

I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

Twisted

SgtBatten

silly me installed my headmount on the left cause thats what all the go pro vids have.
now i gotta put one on the right cause we drive on the other side of the road lol
Sarge

My ride:
06 GS500F - Phillips +100% Vision headlight, Screaming Demon MTGP450 exhaust, K&N airbox, larger jet kit, blue rim strips, LED instrument cluster, Zero Gravity Sports Touring screen

Twisted

Quote from: SgtBatten on February 26, 2012, 04:26:18 AM
silly me installed my headmount on the left cause thats what all the go pro vids have.
now i gotta put one on the right cause we drive on the other side of the road lol

SS Adrenaline

That turned out pretty good, not my kind of music thought but still very good.
2006 Suzuki GS500F
-Clocks For Bikes Temp/Time Gauges
-Jetting: 22.5,65,147.5 (3 Turns Out)
-Custom Underseat Storage
-Blue LED Gauges WLED-X5
-NGK Iridium DPR8EIX-9
-Jardine RT1 Full Exhaust
-K&N Lunchbox RU-2970
-K&N 62-1320 Vent Filter
-Custom SS Chain Guard
-Custom Rear Hugger
-Fiamm HK9 Horn

hawaiianGS

Thanks everyone. I'm still trying to figure this thing out, but it sure is a lot of fun.

manofthefield

I just came back from skiing in colorado and it was crazy how many people had GoPro or Contour cameras strapped to their heads!  I finally understand the need for terabyte+ hard drives.
motorcycleless
1998 GS500E sold 6/20/11

Electrojake

Quote from: hawaiianGS on February 26, 2012, 02:13:11 AM
The wife bought me a new GoPro, so I had to test it out.  First time editing and using it. Let me know what you think.
Yes, I know the driving sucks. I was more worried about the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pyD8SjFz2s&feature=youtu.be

Hello hawaiianGS,
I too got a Hero-HD from the wife recently and unlike my RICOH GX-200 which I usually ride with, the GoPro has been a bit obtrusive to mount.

not to scale

Did you attach it to your helmet (or chest) to make that video?
What resolution did you use?
Thanks for any info, and thanks for posting.

Closing thought...
Your driving (riding) is fine.
This is the internet and no matter how good you are, people will always have a comment.
Regards,
-Ej-
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

SgtBatten

His helmet is in the shot so it's a safe bet it's attached to the LHS of his head :thumb:

I like this angle for my filming too.
I've got another mount on the front fairing and another good one it the suction cup on the tank. Gives a surprisingly good view
Sarge

My ride:
06 GS500F - Phillips +100% Vision headlight, Screaming Demon MTGP450 exhaust, K&N airbox, larger jet kit, blue rim strips, LED instrument cluster, Zero Gravity Sports Touring screen

bombsquad83

When you said the North Shore of Hawaii, do you mean the Big Island?  That's where I went for my honeymoon, and I've been to Kauai twice.  I would looooove to drive around the islands on a bike.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out you are on Oahu.

Only thing I would change about the video is the angle.  Just a little bit up, but not too much because it's great to see the gauges and the hand controls, and also make sure it's the horizon is parallel to the horizon of the camera if that makes sense.

hawaiianGS

Thanks for the replies all.  Yep, I mounted it directly to the helmet.  I also added a mount to the left side frame, just above the shift lever.  I'll post a vid this weekend of the view.  I went with the 1080p straight out of the box.  I think I will drop down to the 720 next vid as it has a faster frame rate.  You're right bombsquad, I do need to raise the angle some.  Good eye. :thumb: 
Here's the best tip I can give you right now ElectroJake, do NOT mount it to the top of your helmet.  Makes for really hard to watch videos. It feels like you are on the shoulders of the driver. 
Yeah Bomb, I'm on Oahu.  If anyone ever makes it out this way give me a shout.  I'll show you around the island.

shonole

Quote from: hawaiianGS on February 29, 2012, 10:36:30 PM
Thanks for the replies all.  Yep, I mounted it directly to the helmet.  I also added a mount to the left side frame, just above the shift lever.  I'll post a vid this weekend of the view.  I went with the 1080p straight out of the box.  I think I will drop down to the 720 next vid as it has a faster frame rate.  You're right bombsquad, I do need to raise the angle some.  Good eye. :thumb: 
Here's the best tip I can give you right now ElectroJake, do NOT mount it to the top of your helmet.  Makes for really hard to watch videos. It feels like you are on the shoulders of the driver. 
Yeah Bomb, I'm on Oahu.  If anyone ever makes it out this way give me a shout.  I'll show you around the island.

What mirrors and what gloves are those?

Also, nice peaceful ride.  I'm jealous.
2004 SV650n - Blue

hawaiianGS

Thanks Shonole.

The gloves are some JoeRocket's I found at the local Suzuki shop.  I don't remember what type exactly. Sorry.  The mirrors are 1 of a kind, custom, homemade, cheap as poop mirrors.  I found a 13 dollar pair at the local Suzuki dealer.  They were all chrome, (OK, plastic made to look like real chrome) put them on and hated the look.  So I pulled them off, added some masking tape, and some hi-temp grill paint, and voila!  I think they turned out pretty nice.  I'll put up a better pic after work so you can see them.

Electrojake

You gotta' love the total disregard of topic in this place. It keeps the thread lively!
O.K. then, gloves it is...
Ever notice that a lot of motorcycle gloves may look well built and be expensive but they make your hands sweat almost instantly?
The key to a good pair of gloves (winter or summer) is not warmth as much as it is their anti-sweat properties.
Just sayin'
-Ej-

And hawaiianGS,
Any time you produce another video be sure to post us another link here.
Thanks.
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

shonole

Quote from: Electrojake on March 02, 2012, 03:20:53 PM
You gotta' love the total disregard of topic in this place. It keeps the thread lively!
O.K. then, gloves it is...
Ever notice that a lot of motorcycle gloves may look well built and be expensive but they make your hands sweat almost instantly?
The key to a good pair of gloves (winter or summer) is not warmth as much as it is their anti-sweat properties.
Just sayin'
-Ej-

And hawaiianGS,
Any time you produce another video be sure to post us another link here.
Thanks.

They were prevalent in the video, so I consider them on topic!   :flipoff: 

But, yes, I agree.  I have a pair of Teknic Chicane's that I just purchased that are great.  It's been right at 90 the past couple of days, and I didn't sweat at all.   :woohoo: 
2004 SV650n - Blue

Electrojake

Quote from: shonole on March 02, 2012, 03:32:45 PM
But, yes, I agree.  I have a pair of Teknic Chicane's that I just purchased that are great.  It's been right at 90 the past couple of days, and I didn't sweat at all. 

I'll check em' out.
Thanks for the lead.  :cheers:
-Ej-

shonole

Quote from: Electrojake on March 02, 2012, 03:59:20 PM
Quote from: shonole on March 02, 2012, 03:32:45 PM
But, yes, I agree.  I have a pair of Teknic Chicane's that I just purchased that are great.  It's been right at 90 the past couple of days, and I didn't sweat at all. 

I'll check em' out.
Thanks for the lead.  :cheers:
-Ej-

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/37/34610/ITEM/Teknic-Chicane-Short-Gloves.aspx

So far so good.  Had them about a month now, very comfortable, and breathe exceptionally.  Seem to be good quality as well.
2004 SV650n - Blue

Electrojake

Hot damn bro, Them ain't cheap gloves.
I guess if they protect and have a good clean feel to em' they are probably worth it though.

Thanks,
-Ej-

shonole

Quote from: Electrojake on March 02, 2012, 04:42:17 PM
Hot damn bro, Them ain't cheap gloves.
I guess if they protect and have a good clean feel to em' they are probably worth it though.

Thanks,
-Ej-

I know, but I did get them with a 10% of coupon, so that saved a little.  I actually started a thread hunting a cheap pair of gloves, but everyone reamed me for not getting some that protect as well, so I ended up settling on these.

Some of the cheaper ones I found are in here, and look pretty good:
http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=58962.msg671871#msg671871
2004 SV650n - Blue

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk