Author Topic: Rich Christie Memorial Plaque & Ride, NY *8/19/06 DEFINITE Date*  (Read 17511 times)

Offline Onlypastrana199

• Married to Forbidden One
  • World Superbike Racer
  • Ride Smart, You only live once, don't cut it short
    • Facebook - Don't friend me unless I actually know you
Re: Rich Christie Memorial Plaque & Ride, NY *8/19/06 DEFINITE Date*
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2006, 06:32:41 AM »
OK guys I'm leaving a couple hours, if anyone wants/needs my cell number PM me and I'll fork it over. Otherwise I'll see you guys there!
'93 cf two bros can, alsa cobalt blue custom paint, fenderectomy, repositioned directionals, 15t sprocket, ignition advancer, SM2's, national cycle f-16 dark sport, cbr rearsets - fully rebuilt after a crash

Offline jackiei26

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2006, 06:36:11 AM »
Sorry - I won't be going tomorrow.  Ride safe everyone.
05 GS500F Blue: Jardine exhaust, Dynojet, flush mount front markers, back LEDs - still waiting for the Puig windscreen!

Offline Onlypastrana199

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2006, 09:31:58 AM »
OK I'm off if anyone needs my cell phone number for any reason, Kim has it, and the chat room has it! See you guys there!
'93 cf two bros can, alsa cobalt blue custom paint, fenderectomy, repositioned directionals, 15t sprocket, ignition advancer, SM2's, national cycle f-16 dark sport, cbr rearsets - fully rebuilt after a crash

Offline The Antibody

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2006, 11:42:21 AM »
Anyone and everyone who is riding from Allentown. New Milford is right on I-81. At the end of the exit ramp there is a gas station called the Pump & Pantry. I will be there no later than 11. Probably more like 10:30 to be safe.

See you all there! Julie has my Cell number.

-Anti  8)
Once the President of Coolness, always the President of Coolness.

"Just try not to screw it up!"

Offline ginoe

• Formula Extreme Racer
    • http://www.geocities.com/ginoe/
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2006, 11:59:12 AM »
i'm in - see you cats at the kmart 9am

cell:  845-729-6982

Maybe either you (Kim) or Tazz (Rob) could post a map of the area of the Mall, area you live (for those that may want to camp overnight), and the area of the site so we can figure out where would be the best place for everyone to meet... some of us could meet at the Mall Rob was talking about at Noon. Since he said the Mall's an hour away from the site, we all can meet up at the site at 1pm. (How does that sound?)
Anyone meeting up any other places before riding to the site, other than the mall... can adjust your meeting times accordingly... planning to be at the site by 1:00 pm.

Is anyone coming from around my area that wants to ride up with me? ... Wayne, jackiei26, Chris2P, Sue, Gino, The Antibody??  :)
(I'd rather not ride up there alone... please post if so.) I hope you all can make it. Thanks!!

Keep the list growing.  :thumb:

1. LadyJules31 (Julie, from Allentown, PA)
2. Tazz (Rob, from Norwich, NY)
3. pdg108 (Paul, from Williamsport, PA)
4. Onlypastrana199 (Lissa, from Melrose, NY)
5. AJGS500 (AJ, from Indianapolis, IN)
6. Kimby (Kim, from Bainbridge, NY)  (Also, her parents, two sisters, and a few friends.)

2005 yellow sv650s
2003 blue zrx1200r

"there are no bad days when riding, some are just better than others"

Offline pdg108

• Formula Extreme Racer
    • http://userweb.suscom.net/~pdg108/bars/index.htm
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2006, 01:33:06 PM »
OK... Just to confirm.  I'm heading out from here in Williamsport early tommorrow and will meet the "Allentown Group" at the Mall in Binghamton at Noon.  From there we will all go up to the Walmart in Norwich and meet the rest of the riders at about 1:00. 

Just wanted to make sure I'm on the same page as everybody since I'll be by myself for the first leg of the trip.  :)  Julie you have my cell, I'll see you all tommorrow.

-Paul
The GS500 is the safest bike on the planet, it can just barely kill you.
"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I ever thought it could be."

Offline LadyJules31

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • http://www.myspace.com/ladyjules321
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2006, 07:26:09 PM »
Anti... we'll see ya at the Pump & Pantry. (Check your pm's please) Thx!

Ginoe... glad u will be able to make it! Cya at kmart.

Paul... Confirmed!  Cya at the Mall in Binghampton.

Ride safe everyone & get a good night's sleep! (If anyone else needs my cell, pm me. I'll check back in the morning.)
Jules
Yellow 2004 Suzuki GS500F

R.I.P. Rich, you will be dearly missed!

Offline TazZ

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2006, 07:54:41 PM »
 Hello  to All of Gstwins  My Mother wants to thank each and every one of you . as today she got a letter in the mail from the toy's for tots that you all did in his name it means more then you ever know to my Mom and the family .......

Any and all pictures of your La ride please email them to me so i can make the dvd and send some to the local new paper as they are doing a story on the rides so I like to make sure every one get covered ......

and Once again to All of Gstwins thank you ...  You have help us more then you ever Know

P.s and thanks Ach People as well I dont have there site to tell them

TazZ

Offline annguyen1981

• Lives in cardboard box behind GStwin
  • Local Club Racer
  • I wasn't born, I was spawned.
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2006, 09:11:07 PM »
During my MSF ERC course tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you guys, especially Rich.

To those who pray:
Please keep a prayer in your hearts to keep our GS family safe tomorrow.
2007 YZF-R6 - Purchased 7/03/07
2004 YZF-R6 - Stolen 5/25/07
2004 GS500f - Sold to Bluelespaul
Killin' a Kitty

Offline LadyJules31

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2006, 03:57:25 AM »
Just an FYI... it looks like rain outside this morning. I'm gonna check the weather, but just wanted to let you all know who are going... I might be caging it today.  :cry:
Jules

Offline Onlypastrana199

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2006, 07:10:59 AM »
Its sprinkling here

Offline The Antibody

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »
Oh... It rained.   :)

-Anti

Offline annguyen1981

• Lives in cardboard box behind GStwin
  • Local Club Racer
  • I wasn't born, I was spawned.
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2006, 05:48:40 PM »
How was the ride?
2007 YZF-R6 - Purchased 7/03/07
2004 YZF-R6 - Stolen 5/25/07
2004 GS500f - Sold to Bluelespaul
Killin' a Kitty

Offline Kimby

• Local Club Racer
  • R.I.P my fiance Rich - I will ALWAYS love you!
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2006, 05:52:43 PM »
Thank you EVERYONE for coming today, it was nice meeting all of you ... despite the rain it was a great day! I couldnt have asked for more and I know Rich appreciates everything. I hope all returned home safely. When everyone gets home please post, I just want to make sure everyone is safe. :)

The plaque and cross were beautiful, THANK YOU SOO MUCH JULIE AND ROB!!! It will give us all a place to go and pay our respects. It is nice to know how many people cared about Rich.

Soon I will be posting a link with all the pictures I took today. I would love to see pictures everyone else took as well.

:thumb:

~ Kim

~ Kim ~

R.I.P RICHby

Offline LadyJules31

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »
Well, I just made it home a few minutes ago. I had some "technical difficulties" with my car on the way home, lol, but thanks so much to Chris for being there and helping me out. I owe you big time. (Fill you all in on details later.)  :icon_rolleyes:

It was great to meet everyone today. Thank you so much to Rob, Chris, and Kim for everything. I couldn't have done today with you. I also wanted to thank everyone that was there... special thanks to those that rode up (and home) in the rain. I hope everyone made it home safely! I will post pictures sometime soon. I know Rich would be very happy to know so many people cared about him. RIP Rich.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 07:08:29 PM by LadyJules31 »
Jules

Offline The Antibody

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2006, 07:15:27 PM »
The ride was great. Sometimes I just don't mind getting drenched for the right reason. On the way home rained hard for all of the 3 hours. At the end I felt giddy. I don't know why. After being misrable on the way home, I suddenly was happy to be wet on the bike. I am so happy that I went. I only regret never getting out with Rich. I am sore, but I am so delighted that I could be there. It was also a pleasure to meet Rich's friends and family. Good people. :thumb:

Jules, I didn't even know you were still with Paul and I on the way home. Then when I realized you were, you disapeared. Is that the tech prob.?  :dunno_white: sorry. I couldn't see anything, thats why I let Paul in front. He read signs, I followed tail lights. heh heh.

-Anti  8)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 07:17:43 PM by The Antibody »

Offline Chris2P

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2006, 07:17:34 PM »
Just got home a few minutes ago.

Tazz, please let your mother know that it was a real joy to meet her.  That lunch was very special, I'll never forget it.  Kim, it was really nice to meet you and your family.  Your dad told me that our ride through town was the first time he ever witness not hitting one red light and felt that Rich was with us.  It was really great to meet everyone, I'll post some pics soon, right now I need to get some shut-eye for work tommorrow.  Julie, thanks for the ride up, btw, you might want to check your tires tommorrow:-))))))

Chris
K&N Lunchbox,  40 pilots 140 mains 2 #4 washers, Yoshimura slip-on, Progressive suspension, gsxr 600 shock, sv mirrors

Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Offline ginoe

• Formula Extreme Racer
    • http://www.geocities.com/ginoe/
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2006, 07:33:37 PM »
8:30pm - soaked to the bone but safe at home, all told about 475mi roundtrip (approx).

i want to thank you all for letting me take part in the memorial ride for Rich. it was very nice to meet the family and friends, to meet some new gstwin-er's and to see familar faces. the rain held off when we reached the memorial site, it was good riding with you all despite the weather.

thanks to the jersey guys, it was a nice pace we set on the ride home - i don't even ride that fast when it's dry out! hope everyone gets home safe. i'm bad like this but i've already forgotten your names.

one thing i will remember, my riding pal Rich. though we've only ridden together at the carlisle ride, i am fortunate to know you.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 07:36:01 PM by ginoe »
2005 yellow sv650s
2003 blue zrx1200r

"there are no bad days when riding, some are just better than others"

Offline LadyJules31

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2006, 07:37:58 PM »
The ride was great. Sometimes I just don't mind getting drenched for the right reason. On the way home rained hard for all of the 3 hours. At the end I felt giddy. I don't know why. After being misrable on the way home, I suddenly was happy to be wet on the bike. I am so happy that I went. I only regret never getting out with Rich. I am sore, but I am so delighted that I could be there. It was also a pleasure to meet Rich's friends and family. Good people. :thumb:

Jules, I didn't even know you were still with Paul and I on the way home. Then when I realized you were, you disapeared. Is that the tech prob.?  :dunno_white: sorry. I couldn't see anything, thats why I let Paul in front. He read signs, I followed tail lights. heh heh.

-Anti  8)

I'm glad you made it home safely Anthony! I felt bad for you watching you ride in that pouring rain when I was trying to keep up with you and Paul on the way home. Good idea letting Paul take the lead. I thought you were having problems with your bike when I saw you pulled over at that rest area so I wanted to make sure you were ok.

Umm... my tech prob... yeah.  :) Let's just say I should learn to check my car tires before I ride long distance just like I do with my bike tires every time I take it out.  :thumb:

Julie, thanks for the ride up, btw, you might want to check your tires tommorrow:-))))))

Chris

He He, good idea Chris! I think I may even go as far as to purchase 2 new ones.  ;)  Thanks again for all your help!

Rob, please also tell your mother for me that it was a pleasure to meet her & your family. It truly was a special lunch that will never be forgotten.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 07:41:42 PM by LadyJules31 »
Jules

Offline Kimby

• Local Club Racer
  • R.I.P my fiance Rich - I will ALWAYS love you!
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2006, 07:46:30 PM »
Here is a link for the pictures I took today:

http://community.webshots.com/user/Kimby028

~ Kim ~

R.I.P RICHby

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk