News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

Aprilia making the little man look BIG!

Started by '04gs500f, November 27, 2005, 10:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'04gs500f

Seems they are turning their smaller race style bike into a nicer looking one, more serious looking, definately a hardcore 125cc bike lol

http://www.aprilia.com/portale/eng/mag_articolo.phtml?id=1000&t=1

Alphamazing

Holy crap. I would love getting my hands on one of those. That would make a diabolical track bike. Hell, I bet that thing is perfect for really tight twisties.
'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!
http://wiki.gstwins.com/

GeeP

*orgasmic moan*

Where do I sign.

*gets down on knees*

PLEASE GOD, MAKE THE AMERICAN PUBLIC UNDERSTAND THE BEAUTY OF SMALL BIKES.   LET THEM IMPORT THEM!!!!

I'D STILL LIKE A CBR 250 PLEASE.
Every zero you add to the tolerance adds a zero to the price.

If the product "fails" will the product liability insurance pay for the "failure" until it turns 18?

Red '96
Black MK2 SV

pantablo

I'll wait for the 450 based on their new supermoto...
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

syphon

When I was shopping for a bike, I considered some of the several RS50s I saw out there for sale. They look similar to that... they're not tiny and to the layman, they look like a super expensive sport bike. People say they'll even get up to about 80, too!

Then, common sense won :)

average

Thats pretty sweet! If the price tag was abit more down to earth.....
R.I.P
Rich(Phadreus)
90 gs5 04 Fairings(that's right)
LP flushmounts up front  shortened turn signals
Kanatuna rear wheel swap
Kat FE

NiceGuysFinishLast

holy crap! that's freaking amazing I'd buy one of those instead of a GS, cuz it would actually FIT me.. GS = too big... but damn... I bet it's $$$$$.... freaking hot though... freaking hot.... anyone got an estimated top speed for it?
irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

Hang out there, we may flame, but we don't hate.

My attitude is in serious need of readjustment, and I'm ok with that.

JamesG

James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

Roadstergal

No two-strokes over 50cc in the US.  And two-strokes are frustrating to ride - they have literally nothing until you hit the powerband, and then they have it all in about 2K worth of revs (I had an RS50). I know a guy with an RS250 race bike who has to launch it at 10K - not kind to clutches.

I wish they'd make a nice 400-600cc four-stroke with the same styling and attention to suspension.

Mr.7

Quote from: NiceGuysFinishLastholy crap! that's freaking amazing I'd buy one of those instead of a GS, cuz it would actually FIT me.. GS = too big... but damn... I bet it's $$$$$.... freaking hot though... freaking hot.... anyone got an estimated top speed for it?

You could have gotten the 250 Ninja, I considered one but I realized that there is no replacment for displacement.

GS500E= :kiss:
1997 GS500E-blue
Buell signals//new metzlers//new tiny mirrors//removed ugly stickers//fixed melted front fender//that's about it

Kessen

Ride as fast as you can, that way you stay ahead of all the accidents!

budget speed demon

Stealth GS parts include;carbon fiber headlight faring,chin spoiler,V&H full system,NHK steeringdamper,titan solo racetail,cbrF2 carbon fiber chainguard,proformance forksprings with emulators,SS front brake line, gsxr remote reservoir rear shock, pirelli sport demons,79mm pistons(555cc)-more to come

Chris_B

The RS250 is HOT! 250cc two-stroke V-twin with something like 65-70hp. I'd ride one.

NiceGuysFinishLast

Quote from: Chris_BThe RS250 is HOT! 250cc two-stroke V-twin with something like 65-70hp. I'd ride one.

holy crap! With specs like that, so would I! AND it wouldn't be too tall for me, like every other bike ever made... except, oddly enough.. a hayabusa... I couldn't sit on the gixxer 600 the guy showed me, so he put me on a busa, I could flat foot it.... he was like "great! I'll make ya a great deal".... :lol:  :lol:
irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

Hang out there, we may flame, but we don't hate.

My attitude is in serious need of readjustment, and I'm ok with that.

Chris_B

Phaedrus

That is a really nice looking bike. I just hope that lil 2- stroke is more reliable than my 2-stroke snowblower  :P
Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Photos from the June '06 Northeast GStwin Meet

Roadstergal

Quote from: NiceGuysFinishLastholy crap! With specs like that, so would I! AND it wouldn't be too tall for me, like every other bike ever made... except, oddly enough.. a hayabusa... I couldn't sit on the gixxer 600 the guy showed me, so he put me on a busa, I could flat foot it.... he was like "great! I'll make ya a great deal".... :lol:  :lol:

I can't get a toe down with a Hayabusa.  I had to tip the RS50 to get a foot down, but at 200lbs (the bike), who cares?

Just remember that the 70hp doesn't come all over the rev range, like it does for an SV650.  It is only between about 8 and 12K, and below that, the bike will... not... move.

Grainbelt

pssst.... Aprilia.... put the SXV 550 motor in it... you know, that vtwin supermoto engine you make, thats already passed emissions...
Gone: '93 GS500  --  Street: '06 Ninja 650R --  Dirt: '08 DR650SE

Chris_B

Heh, It goes from making 30hp at 7000RPM, to making 60hp at 10,000RPM. FUN!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk