News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

For Sale Fork Brace

Started by reload, July 12, 2011, 04:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tialloydragon

I'll be the oddball and pass on the screws.  I have a Sears Hardware by my house that I have used to replace a ton of hardware on my GS.
Life is Full of Little Victories and Huge Defeats

lanesplitter

Count me in for one with screws.

reload

ok guys, looks like we're on for this weekend. i should be heading over this weekend to check everything out.

i'll update pics and paypal info when it happens.

reminder 30$ shipped no hardware. 33$ shipped w/ hardware (8 screws)

JAM614

I'll take one w/ hardware please.

Jeff

reload

Updated original post with pics and info.  Looks like i may have a few extras so pm me if you are interested and not on the list already.  thanks!

stafebak

Quote from: reload on August 08, 2011, 08:08:11 PM
Updated original post with pics and info.  Looks like i may have a few extras so pm me if you are interested and not on the list already.  thanks!

I sent my payment...but it got flagged for dispute? I have no idea why, but it says it is waiting for your response.  :dunno_black:

steezin_and_wheezin

if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

tialloydragon

Life is Full of Little Victories and Huge Defeats

reload

sry guys it's t-storming here in ny. i'll send out the pieces tomorrow for whoever pays today

joneruss

CarlosMendoza

1992 GS500e

reload

thanks guys. people who payed on mon + tues, your package is in the mail (usps).

esp thanks for the guys that sent the money as a gift...dam paypal surcharge.

ramennoodles

I got this in the mail today. that was fast.  This thing is beefy.  Looks nice too. Installing tomorrow. thanks
2001 GS500E
Katana rear wheel and shock
Pilot Power tires
Sixity ceramics brake pads
GSX-R rearsets
Sonic Springs in front 0.80kg
Trail Tech Vapor dash
superbike bars with Progrips
Advanced timing by Bob
Jardine exhaust
Buddha jet kit
F headlight
Reload fork brace

JAM614

Reload.  Still want one.  Will paypal soon, on travel and need info to verify Paypal :technical:.   Pics look great BTW.

Thanks,
Jeff

steezin_and_wheezin

got mine friday, and the part is GORGEOUS! can't wait to get this on

CarlosMendoza

Fork brace came in the mail yesterday and it is very nice. Just so i dont repeat adjectives, i'll say it is THICK!!!!!  Thanks for doing this Reload.
1992 GS500e

steezin_and_wheezin

wish i wouldn't have gotten my hopes up for a 10 minute swap haha. gotta pull the front wheel to get the fender and brace off :mad:

will get it on friday when i put the new white wheels and bt's on!

lanesplitter

Got mine today and it is indeed a very nice beefy piece.  Well worth the $$  :).

The Buddha

Quote from: steezin_and_wheezin on August 16, 2011, 02:24:00 PM
wish i wouldn't have gotten my hopes up for a 10 minute swap haha. gotta pull the front wheel to get the fender and brace off :mad:

will get it on friday when i put the new white wheels and bt's on!

Not neccesarily. If you do this.
Cut off the 4 fender to brace bolt heads. Careful here, dont heat up the thing, you can spray water etc and get it to stay cool as well as use a thin blade that takes off very little material and hence doesn't make much heat.
Then separate the fender and the brace and remote the fork leg bolts and remove the fender.
Then fit the new brace on the legs, put the fender on the wheel in position, put 2 sided emblem tape on the fender or the brace but leave the backing on, thread long zip ties through the holes, pull off the backing off the tape and put it in place and pull the zip ties tight. Done.
OK not 5 mins ... but not the whole enchilada like pulling the wheel either. One more Idiotic design if you ask me.
Cool.
Buddha.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Agno

Received my brace yesterday. Thanks Reload!
91 Suzuki GS 500 (in pieces)
06 Suzuki GS 500F (not running)
09 Suzuki GS 500E (done!)
07 Suzuki RMZ-250 supermoto
03 Triumph Speed 4
05 Triumph Daytona 600
07 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
16 KTM 500 exc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk