News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Doctors advice. heed it

Started by yamahonkawazuki, August 30, 2015, 11:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

you jim? damn didnt know. you dealin with it okay? you CAN adapt a kneewalker (what i  use) to make mobility a tad easier vs a wheelchair (which i have but dont use). a seatpost from a montain bike and seat works. (see battlecow thread) anyhoo, its been just 2 mos how  is stump looking now? doc may be waiting a bit for  this. but if there is a hanger clinic in your area theyd be the folks id suggest.  i fell in shower and did something to my right (dominant) leg yesterday. jus saying try not to fall if you  can avoid it. anyways feel free to keep posting up here. and pm me if you wish to talk in private.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Toledo Jim

How does a kneewalker work for an above knee amputation?

yamahonkawazuki

on the battlecow (kneerover all terrain) and the roscoe unit a mtb seatpost and a schwinn zero pressure seat. converted a kneewalker into a butt roller. doesnt turn as easy as my wc but allows you to maneuver over obstacles..
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Toledo Jim

yamahonkawazuki

wecmoe back jim, nthing new to report yet, other than arthritis on dominant leg and muscle pains etc. once i can afford a visit to an ortho will check into this. you of all people know how we take a simple thing like walking, for granted. then you have to learn to do it all over again. if you wish theres a facebook group out there for amputees, ill find its link and send it to you via pm
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Toledo Jim

Toledo Jim

yamahonkawazuki

Indeed sir tyvm. Mweting cardiologist monday to plan whats next.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Toledo Jim

Toledo Jim

yamahonkawazuki

since im on disability for now... ( i promise) i went and saw my doctor for an eye checkup. im 43 almost 44. and a diabetic. she says i show no signs of diabetic retinopathy..... YAY. i said, "but" shes like ? i said theres a but in there isnt there. she said well, yes, you do show signs of glaucoma.  :technical: this explains  the headaches lol. but ehh C'est la vie. going to schedule appt with opthamologist and see what or where its at.

Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

Update on the peepers. They passed inspection. Pressure on optic nerve was higher than normal but still in range :woohoo: sooo all is well for now and hopefully for years to come.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Toledo Jim

Toledo Jim

Toledo Jim

Toledo Jim

pandy

Glad to hear that you've got disability income coming in now, Aaron. SSDI hopes we die while they spend years denying us. The back pay they owe me is huge, and it'll hit my bank account any day now. After having subsisted on cheap food for almost 4 years now, my body is going to be SO HAPPY to get a decent meal. I'm hoping things are looking up for you, too.  :woohoo:
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

Toledo Jim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk