Author Topic: Let's see your helmets  (Read 22272 times)

Offline rscottlow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AMA Superbike Racer
Re: Let's see your helmets
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2016, 01:50:10 PM »
I wear a matte black HJC CL-17. No need to post a picture, because it looks like every other matte black helmet out there. I like it though - fits well, and since I wear glasses, it accommodates those nicely as well. My brother has an Arai, but since he recently damaged his helmet when he laid his bike down at speed, he's going to purchase a CL-17 as well.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

Offline Rallyfan

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2016, 02:15:38 PM »
I like the HJCs too. I wear a white and a yellow helmet, both plain solid colors, both Arai. I like them but I really like the chin curtain on HJC rather than the pull-down chin guard on Arai. HJC also has a better visor mechanism.

Offline z315

• AMA Supersport Racer
  • I have no idea what I am doing.
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »
I really like my Suomy Apex helmet.

Mine is all white and got a free smoke lens with the purchase. They have different shells for different sizes.

Pretty light and fits my semi round head. It is a bit on the louder size though.

My first helmet was a scorpion exo 400 which i really liked.

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »
oooo white with a smoke lens sounds really cool... I will have to google it to see what it looks like! (if you included a pic, I can't see it cuz I'm on the computer at work lol)

I have some down time here and I'm bored so I'll post up my main helmet now.

I painted this one right around the time I painted the Spidey one. It's just a cheap TMS from ebay but I love how it fits and how the visor clicks and the price was right. I've loved Slipknot since the 9th grade (even though the more recent stuff I don't much care for) and so it was an obvious choice for me to paint a helmet like Corey's early mask.

Same as the other helmet, I spray painted it and then did all the detail work with sharpies. The dreads are material I got from Joann Fabrics.

I do have a clear visor for this one... for riding in the rain. If the vinyl print on the visor gets wet, I might as well just close my eyes  :icon_sad:  I love when I come up behind someone in a car and they start turning around like omg wtf and I wave at them and they wave back haha
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:42:55 PM by ShowBizWolf »
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR750 headlight w/LED H7, '01 GSXR1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, fenderectomy, R6 shock, 25mm raising links, underglow, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards and pegs

Offline lefty1615

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2016, 01:33:58 AM »
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/bell-qualifier-rally-hi-viz-helmet.html

Bell qualifier, Rally Hi-Vis graphic. Love this helmet but the standout is the Transitions face shield. The face shield actually cost more than the lid itself but I honestly won't go back, perfect visibility at any time and in any conditions without any messing around. Honestly so worth it if you ride in all sorts of weather or commute on the bike.

Offline Matty206

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Local Club Racer
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2016, 07:45:14 PM »

This is the AGV Diesel Full Jack. It's gonna be my second helmet. Pretty soon here, I'll be riding my GS500E for the first time after it was stolen last summer. Its since been stripped down, repainted and rebuilt all by myself. My first big motorcycle project.

I'll be riding around the Seattle area in a few days. If we cross paths, throw me a wave, yeah?

Offline G.Rossman

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2016, 07:19:03 PM »
Just ordered a Bell RS-1,  will try to post more once I get it.  I was going to an Icon but found this Bell for $190 on closeout, normally $400.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline G.Rossman

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »
I can't upload files asking if I want to upload to Tapatalk instead.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline jdoorn14

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • World Supersport Racer
  • 2007 GS500F Black/Grey
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2016, 07:48:11 AM »
I can't upload files asking if I want to upload to Tapatalk instead.

Upload to photobucket/imgur/etc and post link here using the IMG tag. The forum doesn't have spare space or spare bandwidth to host all the pics since we lost the use of Adidasguy's hosting services.
It seems it has become necessary to qualify my posts:
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

Select the words that apply to you.

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2016, 10:11:44 PM »
bump for any new peeps to show their helmets  :D
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR750 headlight w/LED H7, '01 GSXR1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, fenderectomy, R6 shock, 25mm raising links, underglow, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards and pegs

Offline user11235813

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2016, 10:46:44 PM »
Open face with a flip up curved and removable visor. I cannot stand the reduced visibility and claustrophobic full face helmets.

Offline qcbaker

• AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2016, 07:44:47 AM »
I own one of these, and it saved me from what I expect would've been some nasty road rash on my face recently:

Can't recommend HJC enough, inexpensive, DOT and Snell approved, and lots of styles to choose from.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:32:45 AM by qcbaker »

Offline Torstein

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2016, 11:18:19 AM »
Well alrighty then... I posted a couple months ago in this thread about wanting a clear visor for my helmet... Never got around to it since I typically don't ride at night, but....It's quickly becoming fall around here and now when I leave for work in the morning and come home late at night, it's dusk/dark. So I've just been riding with my visor up and wearing clear sunglasses to protect my eyes. I said 1 thing to my wife, just 1 thing, a minor passing comment, about getting a clear visor for my existing helmet, and she sends me a link for a local helmet for a good price with a clear visor already. Duh, I'm not about to pass up another helmet, they are nice to have. This one is a HJC and it's my first SNELL approved helmet, I can definitely tell/feel a difference with this one. Much better protection with SNELL. Just picked it up last night so no pictures yet, but it should work nicely for these early morning and late nights! Yeesh, spent more on the extra helmet than I would have on a visor, but I can't complain about that!

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2017, 09:38:05 PM »
Bump for new peeps! Let's see those brain buckets!

Offline Suzi Q

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2017, 11:09:20 AM »
G/f and I both rockin' the Kamui Hi-Viz.

Deals on Amsoil if you want it. PM me for details.

Offline tobyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »
Takachi TK-30 - First one in the nearest shop that fit, about 8 years ago. like this but in blue.

Its pretty horrid, fogs up whenever it can and buffers pretty badly above about 50.

looks like the Dept. for transport gave it 2/5! Yes!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 02:48:31 PM by tobyd »

Offline J_Walker

• World Superbike Racer
  • EST 01/22/1994
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2017, 12:54:04 AM »
Crashed in an HJC, staying in an HJC though I ended up with a 400 dollar model.. only thing I regret is buying in MATTE, NEVER BUY MATTE HELMENTS, THEY TURN TO CRAP SO QUICKLY.
-Walker

Offline dominickbuff

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2017, 10:16:58 AM »
idk what one i have lol bought it for 200 at a dealership but lowsided and have yet to buy a new one  :o
i guess its better to ride with a damaged one to the dealership to buy a new one than no helmet  :D

Offline J_Walker

• World Superbike Racer
  • EST 01/22/1994
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »
idk what one i have lol bought it for 200 at a dealership but lowsided and have yet to buy a new one  :o
i guess its better to ride with a damaged one to the dealership to buy a new one than no helmet  :D

just make sure to crash on the opposite side.  :icon_mrgreen:  :cookoo:
-Walker

Offline dominickbuff

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2017, 04:42:59 PM »

just make sure to crash on the opposite side.  :icon_mrgreen:  :cookoo:
[/quote]

:icon_eek: