Main Menu

For Sale Fork Brace

Started by reload, July 12, 2011, 04:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franke3c

Quote from: The Buddha on July 20, 2011, 06:56:06 AM
Quote from: mister on July 18, 2011, 11:57:34 AM
Quote from: reload on July 18, 2011, 06:08:29 AM
cool. i'll leave this open for a week or so and see if we can get enough people to make it worth while for everyone. 

Um, you did know Buddha has fork braces available, right?

Michael

Nope not any more - round ignition covers yes, pay up suckas and ... last few on those as well. Fork braces yea reload is your best bet now.
I love it when people ask for pics ... you'd think they've never seen a fork brace ... which if that is the case, never mind the pics, get one now cos it is needed to keep the thing from wiggling all over the place.

I dont have the time to run after the machinists and the material and what not, I did all that in 09 when I was unemployed, in 2010 when I was unemployed I made the west coast run, and in 11 so far have had a job, so its rather slim pickings. These things take a lot more time and $ and work than any one ever imagines. Crap goes awol, machinists die (my stem guy did) they leave em in the dirt and it gets rained on, bolts dont show up for the things ... 100 things to go wrong, and most of them do.

BTW I dont know if reload is doing bolts too, but you need 3/4 inch or so for a 3/8th thick brace, and much longer like 1 inch will dig into the fender, else I'd unload my crop of bolts on you guys. But they all 1" ...

Cool.
Buddha.

First off I have to say to Reload - I really really really appreciate you doing the fork brace, I've been meaning to buy one... and this looks to be a good opportunity.

Buddha - Isn't it common place to ask for pics when buying things online? I know what the fork brace looks like... I wasn't asking to literally "see" what the finished product looked like....

Honestly, as you stated there can be a 100s things that can possible go wrong. I am always cautions when purchasing items online... But what if that one thing went wrong with this fork brace.... If you made a batch of 30, didn't prototype, didn't test fit a single one and if one is bad there's a good chance they're all bad, TQM. you're going to be in over your head ... granted these are fork braces and it should be easily reproduced...

Reload - I don't mean to knock you, just putting a suggestion out there... it might help to prototype at least one.. just in case.
Is your machinist really that trustworthy? If so, then I apologize...ignore everything I wrote.

P.S. count me in for one....

reload

sure i understand completely. i also see what my machinist is saying when it doesn't pay for him to waste time to run one and possibly hold up the cnc. if they don't come out right on the first run then too bad for him cause he will have to correct it.

i will certainly test them out before i send them out or anything.

i'll speak with the machinists this weekend and maybe get everything moving by early next week hopefully.  sound good to everyone?

The Buddha

How do you get pics of stuff that is yet to be made ? especially when he's asking for pre orders.
Besides I see pic requests for everything.
Wheels, tars, cables, carbs ... before and after jetting please ... WTF not kidding, I have been asked that.

Reload: pre orders you need to get pre paid, else you'd get stuck with 1/2 the number. I'd also do an extra $5 or whatever you deem fit for ones that are not paid in advance.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

reload

good idea buddha. hopefully the good folk gs gstwins will be easy to work with  :D

The Buddha

I used to pretty much spend all the $ in pre orderes to make stuff. I usually have maybe 10-20% more, say I got 40 bucks X 100 (just random numbers) I'd buy material and labor for the 4K say that is 110 pieces. That would leave me @ 0 except I'd have 10 more, I sell those for 45 and that is my profit.
Something like that.
Cool.
buddha.

franke3c

Quote from: The Buddha on July 21, 2011, 07:23:32 AM
How do you get pics of stuff that is yet to be made ? especially when he's asking for pre orders.
Wheels, tars, cables, carbs ... before and after jetting please ... WTF not kidding, I have been asked that.

LOL Before and after jetting....

This is a more grass-roots group buy... so I suppose the additional risk is there and will have to be dealt with.

Reload - I'm in for one, but where do we send money paypal?

aussie-gs

Would you send one to aust?

reload

Quote from: franke3c on July 21, 2011, 07:19:44 PM
Quote from: The Buddha on July 21, 2011, 07:23:32 AM

LOL Before and after jetting....

This is a more grass-roots group buy... so I suppose the additional risk is there and will have to be dealt with.

Reload - I'm in for one, but where do we send money paypal?

i will speak with the machinist and arrange the paypal stuff when this week. looks like we have enough people so i'll start tallying everything up. thnx guys.

CarlosMendoza

Count me in as well with screws. My GS wiggles a little sometimes, so this is a much needed upgrade. Thanks
1992 GS500e

DeeJRedE

Count me in, Im interested.

reload

hey can everyone update if they want screws or not? thnx

this is still open btw so all aboard  :D

steezin_and_wheezin

if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

mass-hole

McMaster-carr can solve all your bolt woes. And pretty much any other woes you have.
Current Mods: .85 kg front springs/15wt shock oil, R6 Rear Shock, 45T Rear Sprocket

reload

yeh its easy to get but since i have to order a pack anyway i'll have a few extra.

mass-hole

Well ill takes some with mine if that helps.
Current Mods: .85 kg front springs/15wt shock oil, R6 Rear Shock, 45T Rear Sprocket

ramennoodles

I'd like screws with mine too
2001 GS500E
Katana rear wheel and shock
Pilot Power tires
Sixity ceramics brake pads
GSX-R rearsets
Sonic Springs in front 0.80kg
Trail Tech Vapor dash
superbike bars with Progrips
Advanced timing by Bob
Jardine exhaust
Buddha jet kit
F headlight
Reload fork brace

justinmc84

I'll take one with screws please.

Sertys

Another Aussie interested, with screws please.

The Buddha

Quote from: mass-hole on July 26, 2011, 11:35:27 AM
McMaster-carr can solve all your bolt woes. And pretty much any other woes you have.

Yea, except they want to sell you a 1000 ...

I have them in boxes of 100 from I think Brighton-Best and I have stuck my locat store with the other 900 ... and I did that with 10 sizes and 5 types ... like allen head, button head, flanged hex etc etc all in metric.
Man do they hate me.
Fastenal may be the next best option, and they sell packs of 100 in most cases unless you get em off the shelf.

Cool.
Buddha.

stafebak

I'll take screws with mine as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk