News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Review Of kiwi Saddle Soap

Started by banner, July 13, 2005, 04:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banner

I just bought a tin of KIWI Saddlesoap and tried it on my jacket and gloves. I really like the stuff. It works as a soap and then later dries (quickly) and leaves a thin layer of wax. The layer of wax is really thin and it seems to dry off so it doesn't rub off on anything. I used it on my blue/white alpinestar jacket and it didn't darken/color or anything like that

Works beautifully and simply. 3 dollars a tin and its a soap/conditioner combo in one.

I'll give it a few months and see how it holds up...that will be the true test i guess.
Peace

Jazzzzz

it's the bomb - get some mink oil if you want waterproofing, but make sure to try it on a spot inside the waistband or some other hidden area, it's more likely to discolor your leather than the saddle soap

banner

right on...i'll try it.

When i was on the highway 1 on Californias Coast i was like a drowned rat...i had to keep wiping my visor to see. My jacket got the worst of it..so waterproofing it would definately help.

Thanks
Peace

cay

I use mink oil on my shoes -- it's pretty stinky, I don't think I'd want it smeared all over my torso and hands.
2002 GS500 - Black / Silver
Progressive springs, 15wt oil
BT45's front and rear
Buell signals front and rear
Uber fenderectomy + airbrush's rear hugger

RVertigo

I use mink oil on my boots...  It works great as long as you stay on top of the treatments...  And as long as the boots are designed to be waterproof.  Some boots are for looks.  I wear Caterpillar steel-toe work boots.  When I've used mink oil, I can stand in about 3 inches of water without getting wet feet.

I use a spray-on waterproofing for my leather gloves.  It isn't the greatest thing in the world, but mink oil is pretty greasy and stinky...  The gloves aren't really designed to be waterproof, so water comes through the seams before the waterproofing fails...

I think the best bet for waterproof gloves is a leather (or similar) palmed glove with a Gore-Tex (or similar) liner.  I have a pair of snowboarding gloves like that...  I actually ripped the outside of the glove, but they're still waterproof because the Gore-Tex liner is a separate liner inside the glove.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk