News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

GS500 Street Racer

Started by crackin, August 01, 2018, 02:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackin

Starting point:

Progress pics:

Close ups:

It's been a long road
No matter what i do to it, it's still a GS
It's not how fast your bike is, it's how long you are prepared to hold the throttle on.

Toner

crackin

Thank's pal, it took a lot of slabs of beer to get her to where she is. But there are plenty of slabs to come, she's nowhere near done.
It's not how fast your bike is, it's how long you are prepared to hold the throttle on.

Mauve

I like how you removed the back fairing and just have the exposed frame. Def something I may do now having seen what it looks like here.

crackin

bumping my necro thread lol

Jim Knopf

Servus, 

Gold Job :thumb:

Where the Front Footpegs from?

crackin

Thanks Jim Knopf, much appreciated.
The pegs are vortex pegs from a gsxr 1000. I cant remember the exact model though. I picked them up from a wreckers here in melbourne australia for $160. Pretty good deal I thought.
I hand made the brackets from 10mm construction grade aluminum to make them suit.

I run a total lose system now ,so no fly wheel, magneto, rectifier or starter motor. I get 4 hours riding time out of a battery from a scooter, you know the little electronic scooters the kids ride? Thats what i run it off. I cant recall the amperage atm, but i think its around 9aH.
It goes really quick, I hit 195 indicated with a gear to spare. Its fast! But i have to push start it which is a PIA.
It's illegal here in aus to run with no starter ,but they have to catch me first.
Regards Johno

cbrfxr67

I missed this one!  Can you tell me about the seat?  Just curious why/how you did what you did?  Good stuff, thanks for sharing!
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

crackin

The seat is just a "Nod" to the cafe racers of old. I used heavy density foam rubber to build up the hump, then i had the seat recovered. I can still take a pillion except i dont have pillion pegs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk