News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

92 GS500E let the project begin.

Started by The fink, February 21, 2015, 01:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slack

That looks HOT! I can't wait to see it all together. I bet you can't wait to ride it. It looks like it's turning into a beautiful tribute bike.
Is that a hand made tail? It sort of looks like an older GSXR? I like the tail light.
Quote from: MeeLee on June 07, 2015, 07:14:25 PM
Be aware, this is not very wise advise!

ShowBizWolf

Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

The fink

Thanks peeps, I dig the tail too. I can't take credit for it though, I bought it from steezin a few years back, not sure where he got it from. I do have more work to do on it though.
Keep watching  :thumb:
Be who YOU are, and say what YOU feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

Slack

Quote from: The fink on April 16, 2015, 11:44:26 PM
I bought [the tail] from steezin a few years back, not sure where he got it from.

Oh.
It's a moped part  :flipoff:
Haha

The fink

So I did a quick mock up of the handlebars, here's a few pics.
I have plans to repaint the shock, these little spring compressors work really well.
Be who YOU are, and say what YOU feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

dB-tje

Damn i really love this build!
Keep up the good work, i will be folowing this one.

The fink

Quote from: dB-tje on April 26, 2015, 09:08:26 AM
Damn i really love this build!
Keep up the good work, i will be folowing this one.
That's an honor coming from one of the people who has the best looking GS around. Thanks, keep watching, there is plenty more to come  :thumb:
-Dr. Seuss

The Buddha

You've powdercoated the triple and the bars. The top plate of the dash, the headlight bucket etc should also be done in black, and if the headlight ears are aluminum, they should be polished. Else do em in black too. All black front end looks great. IMHO.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The fink

Quote from: The Buddha on April 27, 2015, 07:13:48 PM
You've powdercoated the triple and the bars. The top plate of the dash, the headlight bucket etc should also be done in black, and if the headlight ears are aluminum, they should be polished. Else do em in black too. All black front end looks great. IMHO.
Cool.
Buddha.
Great minds think alike my friend, all of that in the works thanks for the kind words :thumb:
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

I've started this project, I ordered Chucks side cover(which is awesome). I ordered the blank one, I knew I had something in that space to look cool and also be a way to incorporate something to do with my brother. I went over a few ideas but nothing that I was sold on. Finally I decided with leaves and flowers, these designs are off of my brothers headstone.
Don't gudge, but this is the first time I've carved aluminum, this is the rough in, I've got a long way to make it look really good but this is the starting point.
-Dr. Seuss

X-ray

Really neat!  You may have yourself quite a nice little niche market.
'93 gs500 w/ Red Oxide primer paint job. Hasn't been on the road in years but wrenching on it is my escape.

The fink

Quote from: X-ray on April 28, 2015, 04:35:28 PM
Really neat!  You may have yourself quite a nice little niche market.
Thanks man, yeah I really enjoy doing it too, pretty fun so far.
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

-Dr. Seuss

Slack

I won't gudge you. But I will judge you  :flipoff:
Looks Great! Cool idea. You've got a ways to go, but with enough hours into it that will be popping!
You should get some case guards so that when the bike ends up on its side in the driveway/garage you don't damage that side cover. It would be a shame to scratch up what you spent so many hours working on.

J_Walker

Quote from: Slack on April 29, 2015, 09:13:01 AM
Looks Great! Cool idea. You've got a ways to go, but with enough hours into it that will be popping!
You should get some case guards so that when the bike ends up on its side in the driveway/garage you don't damage that side cover. It would be a shame to scratch up what you spent so many hours working on.

this. actually speaking of crash guards. why doesn't anyone on here make and sell any? I would If I had a personal welder... maybe next week.  :thumb:
-Walker

The fink

Quote from: Slack on April 29, 2015, 09:13:01 AM

First of all thanks for cursing me, lol. Yeah I've thought about that, it is a great possibility that it could end up on its side. Thanks for the kind words and advice  :thumb:
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

Well I would say im about 75% with the side cover.
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

O0
-Dr. Seuss

GSRiderDad

Great work! That looks really cool.

The fink

-Dr. Seuss

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk