The thread that wont die about the nicest gs ever ... ever

Started by johncam4, June 11, 2004, 06:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncam4

i wanted to upgrade....but wouldnt that be much more fun and rewarding to build that and show it off......i like that idea better than spending money on a new bike.

johncam4

uhh where is the exhaust routed.

jdiggity

cernunos

Well, I think the bike looks just SWEEEEEET!!!! Looks like it could fly...great job...nuthin' quite like doin' it up yerself is there. 8)
Don't hurt, don't take, don't force
(Everybody should own an HD at least once)
(AMF bowling balls don't count)
Jake D for President 2008

Jared

Yes it's still a Gs....

But a damn fine looking one....

The exhaust seems to be undertail ...look in the center of the "rear fender" area....you can make out a hash cut pipe I think....pretty sure anyway..

I LIKE it.

Nice work  Jim... very very cool looking Gs.
When the 2nd Amendment is lost, the rest will soon follow.

Torque is LBs-FT Damn it.
Yeah that was me.    One of my rides

tt_four

no, he has some kind of exhaust on it with pipes on both sides, i think he said z1000 where there's two on each side, he just doesn't have them on in that picture, check out the thread called franken gs and checkout the link, there's more pictures of it there

70 Cam Guy

I like it, very nice work.  That tail is off of a XBS right?  Was it much trouble making everything fit?
Andy

Laura

nl_carey

I wonder if he takes that lump of wood everywhere it goes?

Dragonfly

Thats pretty sweet, a little less bling would be nice, but I would ride that anywere.

Ed_in_Az

After watching Jundie's Streetfighter videos on the Odds and Ends forum, I almost traded my GS500 for a 1200 Bandit to trick out. This GS500 looks awesome in it's Streefighter clothes. The only thing I wouldn't do that seems to be common is the nearly vertical seat. :?  What's up with that? Do humans ride these things? Just a little comfort would go a long way.
Retired from biking

Jundie

see it this way...streetfighters are mean ass machines. mean ass machines ride on rear wheels. so your normal seat is not so comfartable then...:P so lets put it at an angle ;). the ass in the sky thing is typical streetfighter thing and in germany they usually make it too high imho. in holland we call it banana ass. i like them high in the air but not the german style...
i have something that in my eyes is also a streetfighter. not everybody might thing the same way but thats the thing with streetfighters, there's no clear definition...
nutter on 2 wheels

Ed_in_Az

Quote from: Jundiesee it this way...streetfighters are mean ass machines. mean ass machines ride on rear wheels. so your normal seat is not so comfartable then...:P so lets put it at an angle ;). the ass in the sky thing is typical streetfighter thing and in germany they usually make it too high imho. in holland we call it banana ass. i like them high in the air but not the german style...
i have something that in my eyes is also a streetfighter. not everybody might thing the same way but thats the thing with streetfighters, there's no clear definition...

Thanks, Jundie. Now I understand "the look".
Retired from biking

PAC

Love the paint job, really like the chrome too.  But, well, the seats a little too much bling for me.  I agree with the other poster, I don't see how that's comfortable for more than 5 minutes.  But it's not my bike, so who the hell cares!! :lol:

Amazing work, really shows some skill and dedication.  I probably would have dumped the cash into a more expensive bike.  I wonder what sort of engine mods this thing has.  If it's just a cosmetic job, then it's like all the rest of the kids in my town with 500 pounds and $10,000 worth of wings, air scoops, crazy paint jobs, fart-can exhaust, bling-bling rims, and super-loud stereos in their Civic all on a stock engine.  Nice, definately, shows a lot of passion, but I just don't get it.  But to each his own! Whatever makes ya happy in this crazy world :cheers:
Blue 2005 Suzuki M50.  I used to have a GS500F.

Jim Knopf

Quote from: johncam4uhh where is the exhaust routed.

The exhaust is not still on the GS. At the end of this month I build it on.

This is the exhaust I still take on my GS:

Its from a Kawa Z1000.

Greetz Jim

Jim Knopf

Quote from: 70 Cam GuyI like it, very nice work.  That tail is off of a XBS right?  Was it much trouble making everything fit?

Servus,

the Tail is from Buell X1, not from the XBS.

Greetz Jim

MstrsLilBrat

"Why ask why?  Why not just accept it, and enjoy it?"
"Think Big and Live Large" By. Donald J. Trump

**PLEASE WEAR PROPER GEAR**

aslam

not a big fan of that orange and checkerboard.

Bike layout is very impressive, though.

ASLAM.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk