The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: slipperymongoose on May 14, 2013, 06:37:32 PM
Man it's a slow week
yeah it is. kinda felt sorry for people who dropped 2k on an ar15, prices are coming down now. for the time being lol
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

slipperymongoose

2 things about America I'm envious of. It's cheap to buy stuff and live. And the gun laws and ease of access to cool guns
Some say that he submitted a $20000 expense claim for some gravel

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

peteGS

Called the insurer this morning, quote is good to go and approved, gotta ring the repairer tomorrow to get it underway  :thumb:

On the down side... 450's been cranking badly lately, tentatively ruled out battery based on the fact that immediately after an overnight trickle charge there is no difference and it just doesn't want to crank normally. Gets worse when hot.

Pulled the starter out tonight and two of the four magnets that are supposed to be stuck in place are loose... dammit! Guess I'm push starting tomorrow although will try a jump start from the car as well... could be combination battery/starter...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

jestercinti

Slips, America is the best country, bar none.
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

peteGS

Nah sorry Jester, Australia's still the best  :thumb:

So WTF's going on here? No Mister, no Cods, a brief bit of others... no Twisted...

I have a feeling it's going to be an interesting trip to/from work today... I couldn't even get an entire crank out of the starter motor at the end of last night  :oops:

At least I have some tips on repairs now... JB Weld to the rescue apparently  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

slipperymongoose

It is quiet dunno what the go with mister is. And have to agree straya rocks

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

Electrojake

Quote from: peteGS on May 15, 2013, 12:49:40 PM

Nah sorry Jester, Australia's still the best  :thumb:

To hell with Austrailia AND the US of A....
I'm moving to a place called Southwest Ohio!
I hear they got their own river there.
Just saying, I could water ski for a solid hour and never lose sight of land! No damn sharks or crocks to worry about either.  :thumb:
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

jestercinti

If you water ski in the Ohio, you are a brave sole. It used to be more polluted than the cuyahoga river that caught fire in the 1960s.

In other news, no longer legally or financially responsible for a 2007 Nissan Xterra. Saved $80 a month in insurance and headaches. Good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

Janx101

Quote from: Electrojake on May 15, 2013, 05:39:48 PM

I hear they got their own river there.
Just saying, I could water ski for a solid hour and never lose sight of land! No damn sharks or crocks to worry about either.  :thumb:

Quote from: jestercinti on May 15, 2013, 06:01:07 PM
If you water ski in the Ohio, you are a brave sole. It used to be more polluted than the cuyahoga river that caught fire in the 1960s.

a River that catches fire!!.. thats gotta have some serious cacko-munga in it!!  :icon_eek:

but the river in ohio... maybe what he means is that he could 'water ski' for an hour.... on the SOLID Ohio River!? ... kinda just bumping and jumping from lump to lump of flotsam?  ;) :flipoff: ... and keep sight of land .. main difference is that the river does move and ooze?...  :icon_twisted: ... and of course there no sharks or crocs/gators ... they got too tired from the thickness of ooze and left for easier swimming waters!!  :icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol:

Janx101

got sick of the mini-micro-teensy-crappy speakers hidden in the office laptop.... didnt need a massive $ system though... so i just lashed out a whole $29.88 AUD on these ..

Logitech LS21 .. a mindblowing 7w RMS!!  ;) .. 4w 'subwoofer' and 2x 1.5w satellites .....

surprisingly good sound for such low numbers.... and only about 2000% better than the mosquito fart sounds that came out of the laptop stockers...

i know they just little 'fluffy bunny' speakers .. but for my office... perfect  :D ... now to check out some bike vids with nice/r sound!!

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: jestercinti on May 15, 2013, 06:01:07 PM

In other news, no longer legally or financially responsible for a 2007 Nissan Xterra. Saved $80 a month in insurance and headaches. Good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and a brave bass, cod, tilapia, carp. could always polarbear the river Eh? i did on the st lawrence one december. aka blue balls w/o lol
".
A proud Mormon

slipperymongoose

Nothing beats barramundi

Electrojake

Janx,
You got a way with words.  :icon_rolleyes:
You should write the script for a Logitech TV commercial.
Just say in'
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

yamahonkawazuki

And who knows, john might give  you a free ( just pay postage and handling) chinese banana hammer clone
".
A proud Mormon

Janx101

Quote from: Electrojake on May 15, 2013, 09:49:02 PM
Janx,
You got a way with words.  :icon_rolleyes:
You should write the script for a Logitech TV commercial.
Just say in'

nah... i already knocked back those tosspots over at Hallmark .... me being such a friggin people person and all cuddly an shaZam!...

logitech would not understand somehow.... when i got real descriptive an stuff  ;)

slipperymongoose

Try it on camera saying stuff. I mean look how much I suck

Janx101

Quote from: slipperymongoose on May 16, 2013, 01:12:15 AM
Try it on camera saying stuff. I mean look how much I suck

you do ok slips....

i'd be similar... just probably more swearing  :icon_rolleyes: :icon_twisted:

slipperymongoose

new vid for my LPW peeps. Why not to overtake on double lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peteGS

Ok, I actually just watched that vlog thing Slips... only because of the title... and yeah, stupid knob! I'd *never* do a thing like that... and admit it...  :nono:

Actually just ask the guys I ride with... if I'm leading a ride I always miss gold legal overtaking opportunities because I'm too afraid of breaking the group up... so usually someone else just goes bugger this and overtakes me... and then I go doh! And overtake...

Got the magnets in the starter motor JB Welded in tonight, one actually broke in half today during the one and only crank I got out of it this morning... I hope it cures ok and the broken one is still serviceable... I stuck it the two halves together as best I could... push starting isn't fun!
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

slipperymongoose

Magnets on who what? Huh? I'm tired.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk