News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

What have you done for your bike today????

Started by qwiky, July 29, 2010, 07:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adidasguy

Phenix got insured!
He is now legal with insurance. I guess that means soon Phenix will take to the streets? maybe?

jestercinti

Quote from: adidasguy on April 19, 2012, 11:14:42 AM
Phenix got insured!
He is now legal with insurance. I guess that means soon Phenix will take to the streets? maybe?

Respectfully request a video of his proper first start.  Not starting fluid start, but all together finished ribbon cutting start.
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

Zwerski

Picked up Yamaha R6 lower shock mount collar from the dealer and finally (after 2+ weeks) completed the R6 shock install.

knowles

Got to ride for the first time in about 5 days, been cold, we got 8inches of snow four days ago.
1989 GS 500EK

adidasguy

Quote from: jestercinti on April 19, 2012, 12:42:56 PM
Phenix got insured!

Respectfully request a video of his proper first start.  Not starting fluid start, but all together finished ribbon cutting start.

Dang - you mean I have to buy a ribbon?

shonole

Quote from: adidasguy on April 19, 2012, 03:43:09 PM
Quote from: jestercinti on April 19, 2012, 12:42:56 PM
Phenix got insured!

And a giant pair of scissors.

2004 SV650n - Blue

jestercinti

Quote from: adidasguy on April 19, 2012, 03:43:09 PM

I'd give you one, but all I have is a big roll of yellow caution tape in English and Spanish.
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

Bluesmudge

Quote from: knowles on April 15, 2012, 12:25:11 AM
What is the tank protector on the white and black one? where did he get that? looks fricking great.

Protector?

More like tank make-up.

See the big dents in my tank?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Betchya didn't know my tank was blue either.

http://www.topsellerie.com

zute72

Nice little ride before the rain! But came out to find the yard guys flung wet grass all over it!!!   :police::2guns:
I just fricken Honda polished the dang thing! :2guns:

* sigh* well, gotta get her all clean again before Phenix's Birthday Party!  :woohoo:

adidasguy

Quote from: zute72 on April 19, 2012, 08:57:34 PM
Nice little ride before the rain! But came out to find the yard guys flung wet grass all over it!!!   :police::2guns:

* sigh* well, gotta get her all clean again before Phenix's Birthday Party!  :woohoo:

I think the problem is you HONDA polished it. Should have SUZUKI polished it! Use the correct brand of wax and your bike won't attract grass like a magnet.

Oh, yea, and I got that double-bubbel wind screen you can put on see if you like it.

zute72

Quote from: adidasguy on April 19, 2012, 10:17:37 PM
Quote from: zute72 on April 19, 2012, 08:57:34 PM

I think the problem is you HONDA polished it. Should have SUZUKI polished it! Use the correct brand of wax and your bike won't attract grass like a magnet.

Oh, yea, and I got that double-bubbel wind screen you can put on see if you like it.

Hahaha, I know, but I'm using the last of it  :dunno_black:

stroztech

Fitted the rear hugger today, thanks Jeff.
Also took 5 inches off the rear guard.
Adrian
Current Ride: 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan VN1500 Nomad Fi

steezin_and_wheezin

Parts bike is no longer just a parts bike!! Just got my title for the 06, now to clean, de-rust, and rebuild!

if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

Tombstones81

Quote from: steezin_and_wheezin on April 21, 2012, 10:07:33 AM
Parts bike is no longer just a parts bike!! Just got my title for the 06, now to clean, de-rust, and rebuild!

Nice!!!!

and I just got home with a new heart for mine! (engine)

01 engine with only 5,7XX miles on it for $400 +$40 in gas driving from north east Pa to a few miles west of NY city and back.
94 GS500
01 Engine
Personally repainted!  (Traded)

87 Honda VF700C Magna
(Super Magna)

knowles

I had my first driving day in my motorcycle class, it was raining then snowing. by the time we got done at 1:00 is was starting to stick to the gound, so they are going to cancel the afternoon class, hope it melts a little bit for tomorrow. My bike sits in the garage. Got to drive a Suzuki DR 200, nice little bike would like to get a DR 450 or 400 whatever it is. Be a great grouse hunting bike.
1989 GS 500EK

wildcat333

Got my Yoshi pipe installed a few days ago.

Added red wheel tape today.

Went for a ride down the Seacoast of NH along the ocean with my buddy.

PICS:

2009 Suzuki GS500F | Black/Silver | Zero Gravity Double Bubble dark-smoked windscreen | Lights4All LED smoked tail | DMP LED smoked rear signals | Pro Grip 719 RVGS handlebar grips | Rear metal grab-bars delete | Yoshimura TRS Slip On Exhaust

zute72

Let's see......visited the Bike Cave, performed a fenderectomy, put on a Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen, took a quick jaunt over to Alki Beach with the boys! Aaahhh, beautiflul day in Washington!  O0

Pssst, I was the first rider of Phenix!  :flipoff: :woohoo: Thanks Adidasguy,  :bowdown: he's an awesome ride! :cheers:

xunedeinx

Quote from: wildcat333 on April 16, 2012, 08:41:32 AM
@ xunedeinx > did you lower your bike at all? Maybe it is just the crooked photo angles, but it looks slightly lower.

Was downhill driveway. Tiz was raised about 1.5 inches, actually.

Zwerski

Progressive spring install! I used a ratchet tie-down looped through a bike hook on the garage refters, one hook on each side of the bars, suspending the bars up and away during the install. A tip for those solo installers (I was watching my boys, age 1 and ,3 also).

adidasguy

Super day at the Bike Cave in West Seattle. Wrenching, pizza, juices, beers and karma korn. It boggles the mind to see 11 GS500's all in one place. (This is the annex- the car port. More were in the Cave.) I'll try to mention some of what we did. Hard to remember everything with so many bikes from 11am to 9pm.

Zute posted her projects. Here is the result. Nice job!

First guest rider on Phenix.

Scottychop came by. Centuryghost got all new LEDs in his gauges and indicators.

Bluesmudge, jmill, zute and I rode to the beach for a photo shoot of Phenix. Beach was SUPER crowded with bikes and cars.

jmill got a surprise when I decided we should swap bars. He liked the OEMS and decided to try out the European ones.

nonfiction continued work converting his GS into more of an off-road touring bike. Replaced headlight.

Photo shoot of Phenix at Alki Beach. One beautiful bike. Everyone that rode him felt he was solid, rode well and like a bike right off the showroom floor.

Thank you xunedeinx for your comments. These pictures are your you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk