News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Forum Technical Problems - Please Post Here

Started by pandy, July 07, 2007, 08:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nthomerson

My cylinders were getting filled with gas and making my bike smoke horribly when first started. inevitably i knew that the o-rings were bad in the carbs so i unmounted and changed o-rings and put all back together, after starting back up it ran for a solid 10 mins perfectly, as a matter of a fact better than it has ever run for me, i shut off and finished putting the plastics and tank on and restarted and let iddle for another 10 minutes befor i hopped on and tapped the gas easily and it died, now wont start back.... any tips?

kbankovi

I'm having problems making a donation on the main GStwins.com page.  It's saying the merchant can't receive money at this time. Any thoughts?

pandy

Quote from: kbankovi on May 24, 2012, 11:38:54 AM
I'm having problems making a donation on the main GStwins.com page.  It's saying the merchant can't receive money at this time. Any thoughts?

PM me your snail mail addie and color choice (black or white), and I'll get some decals to you. john (our fearless leader) is shouldering the costs presently.  :cheers:
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

andytdoyle

Any help wether in neutral or on load I get a rattle from 5k onwards when revs are climbing or holding but not when dropping down I originally thought cam chain but I checked and tentioner and chain are all good I've see posts about thinks like cam shaft play and carb rattle any help would be brill cheers .andy.

Bob88

Hi I have a 92 gs500 and I had the carbs redone with new neddles and seats and when I got the bike back it started bogging out so I took it back in they said the petcock seal or gasket is broke  so would this cause it to mess with the carbs any help would be appreciated

DoD#i

Past two posts from months ago - this sticky is for forum technical troubles, not bike technical troubles. Post your bike troubles as a new thread in the general forum.

As for not exactly forum problems, any hope for the "Wall of Fame" aka "GSTwins coppermine gallery" becoming happy again?

http://gstwins.com/photogallery/

It's been throwing a database error (below) for months, at least, but old pictures in it linked to in old posts are still coming up.

Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query

Didn't want to fuss about it, but begin to be curious if it's just not going to happen going forward, or what?
1990 GS500EL - with moderately-ugly paintjob.
1982 XJ650LJ -  off the road for slow repairs
AGATT - All Gear All The Time
"Ride a motorcycle.  Save Gas, Oil, Rubber, Steel, Aluminum, Parking Spaces, The Environment, and Money.  Plus, you get to wear all the leather you want!"
(from DoD#296)

gs500asf

hello other motorbike enthusiasts i come here to day with a problem i ride a gs500, witch is an ok bike but they get destroyed way to easy. I have had mine for about 15 months brought brand new from the show room and i am just about to hit 18000kms and the bike is already sounding like it wants to die. the choke doesnt work, it wont idle anymore and its getting harder and harder to start. i was wondering if you guys could help me out with fixing it because i have already changed the battery and spark plugs and the carburetor has just been professionally cleaned. I have also checked the air fillter and it looks bad on one side but the other is pritty much clean so i turned it around untill i have the cash for another one.
also its my only form of transport and im a baker so i cant catch the buss into work if it wont start so im rely counting on you guys to help me.
cheers Ados

adidasguy

Quote from: DoD#i on August 10, 2012, 04:44:46 PM
As for not exactly forum problems, any hope for the "Wall of Fame" aka "GSTwins coppermine gallery" becoming happy again?

http://gstwins.com/photogallery/

It's been throwing a database error (below) for months, at least, but old pictures in it linked to in old posts are still coming up.

Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query

Didn't want to fuss about it, but begin to be curious if it's just not going to happen going forward, or what?

He said the server was overloaded and the hosting company was pissed about that.
I offered to host it on my company servers for free a number of times but never even a "no thank you" so I guess there never will be one. I've stopped offering.
I could set one up but you would have to log in separately to access it since it would be separate from GStwins. It would be nice to link into gstwins but I don't think he would allow that,  considering my offer to just host the photo gallery went to deaf ears.

JMSgs500

My 2001 just passed safety and everything on the 10th only needing a rear tire. It's been running well aside from a couple of isolated incidents where the battery is weak so it won't start. I was driving it at 2:30am and it just broke down. I had gas, battery was fine but whenever I hit the throttle it seemed to be too much and it shut down. I'm thinking that it may need a carb cleaning, or that the choke was stuck. When I took the tank off the vent hose wasn't attached so I reattached it. I also changed the spark plugs since it sounded like there was a misfire. Could it be the coil or am I best to go through with cleaning the carb jets?

codajastal

Quote from: JMSgs500 on September 24, 2012, 04:34:42 PM
My 2001 just passed safety and everything on the 10th only needing a rear tire. It's been running well aside from a couple of isolated incidents where the battery is weak so it won't start. I was driving it at 2:30am and it just broke down. I had gas, battery was fine but whenever I hit the throttle it seemed to be too much and it shut down. I'm thinking that it may need a carb cleaning, or that the choke was stuck. When I took the tank off the vent hose wasn't attached so I reattached it. I also changed the spark plugs since it sounded like there was a misfire. Could it be the coil or am I best to go through with cleaning the carb jets?
Umm you might want to post this in the right section?
This is for the FORUM TECH PROBLEMS and nothing to do with the bikes. :)

Try here: http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?board=1.0
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

jestercinti

Tapatalk error this morning.  Said that the plugin was not working and to call my Administrator. 
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

jestercinti

Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

slipperymongoose

Yep not letting me in on tapatalk on iPhone 5. Safari still hits me up to 'check out' tapatalk just about everytime I log in.
Some say that he submitted a $20000 expense claim for some gravel

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

unclemonty89

Hey guys,

I recently changed my oil on my gs500f , 2007, and like many people before, I first tightend the bolts to loose so my oil leaked out when I turned the cycle on, so I then went to tighten it more, and snapped the bolts (not the nut, I'm pretty sure that is the right word) I ordered the new bolts from the Suzuki dealer, and they are coming in.  Did this happen to you? And what did you do?

Thanks,

Sean

jpaytoncfd

I thought about starting a new thread but decided not to, here's a suggestion for a forum mod,

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3388

Paulcet

Quote from: unclemonty89 on November 12, 2012, 10:42:38 AM
  Did this happen to you? And what did you do?
Hi Sean,
First, welcome to the nuthouse!
Second, yes it has happened to many of us. Search.
Third, this thread is for technical issues with the forum. Bike issues can be posted on the General forum: either start a new thread or post in a thread that matches your issues.

'97 GS500E Custom by dgyver: GSXR rear shock | SV gauges | Yoshi exh. | K & N Lunchbox | Kat forks | Custom rearsets | And More!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk