News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

LED's

Started by Jimbob, March 06, 2012, 05:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

Hey guys there was a post a little while ago about setting up some lights on a bike that some people have done not sure if they are cathodes or not but I'm wondering how hard this is to do and where you can get the lights from? Pic attached to make it clear

kyleGS500

There is a whole bunch of threads for this. Should be on page two for the latest one.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cysoou

tialloydragon

It's not very hard at all.  I know almost nothing about wiring, and I was able to do it.  I went on oznium.com and bought a bunch of their LED modules, a roll of wire, a junction box, and a switch.  Ran my LED wires to the junction box, wired the switch on the negative wire (I think) between the battery and the junction box.  Run the junction box wires to the battery, and presto:   

I have since added more modules to my setup, but you get the idea.
Life is Full of Little Victories and Huge Defeats

Jimbob

Awesome, does anyone know what the laws are regarding this in Queensland?

SgtBatten

Illegal in NSW on public roads
Can't say for QLD
Sarge

My ride:
06 GS500F - Phillips +100% Vision headlight, Screaming Demon MTGP450 exhaust, K&N airbox, larger jet kit, blue rim strips, LED instrument cluster, Zero Gravity Sports Touring screen

parker

Quote from: SgtBatten on March 07, 2012, 05:39:07 AM
Illegal in NSW on public roads
Can't say for QLD

Isn't only blue or red (or both) illegal?
2007 Suzuki GS500F - http://ejparker.com

SgtBatten

blue and red definately.

i asked the rta about a valve cap led and was told all are illegal.

i guess underbody lighting is different to an exposed LED
Sarge

My ride:
06 GS500F - Phillips +100% Vision headlight, Screaming Demon MTGP450 exhaust, K&N airbox, larger jet kit, blue rim strips, LED instrument cluster, Zero Gravity Sports Touring screen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk