News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

GS500 Cafe'd out!

Started by scottychop, April 06, 2011, 07:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottychop

skirecs

my bike came with upside down clipons, i switched them back the right way, its just uncomfortable for daily riding

seamax

I have to say that bike hurts my eyes from the color scheme to the non-existent flowing lines. Note to never cafe a GS500.  :embarrassed:

Big Rich

I dig it- except for the pattern on the fender and side cover. Good find Scotty!
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

Vova

Not a fan, colors are horrible, hate the backend. To be fair I am not a big fan of most of the real aggressive cafe mods, but the lighter ones I really like. But this one has, well, nothing that appeals to me :dunno_black:.
-JV
Xbox LIVE!: "Vlad is Rad"
PSN: "Vlad_is_Rad"
SCII: "Volodya" (code: 314)

The Buddha

The bike that begs to be cafe'd is the xs650 and the gr650. This is just yuck.
Of course Idiots turn the xs'es into hardtail bobbers, if you ask me those look yuck too. It needs a bench seat and left alone if it has to be bobbed. But I'd take a cafe/flat track any day on it.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

5thAve

I don't know, I kind of like it. I think the GS can be hard to turn into a good cafe because of the diagonal frame line. I think this one is pretty good. The colors are a little strong, though. Good catch.
GS500EM currently undergoing major open-heart surgery.
Coming eventually: 541cc with 78mm Wiseco pistons; K&N Lunchbox; Vance & Hines; 40 pilot / 147.5 main jets; Progressive fork springs; 15W fork oil; Katana 750 shock

VFR750FM beautifully stock.
XV750 Virago 1981 - sold
XL185s 1984 - sold

randomway

If the whole thing was painted black and the tail swapped back to standard, it could look OK...  ;)

steezin_and_wheezin

apart from being painted to match Ronald McDonald's getup, its not bad

just wiki'd cafe motorcycles, pretty interesting stuff. i have so much to learn about bikes and bike culture
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

seamax

Quote from: randomway on April 07, 2011, 06:32:23 AM
If the whole thing was painted black and the tail swapped back to standard, it could look OK...  ;)

Then it will look more like a streetfighter.  :D

randomway

Quote from: seamax on April 07, 2011, 08:55:07 AM

No, it would look like a stock GS... and those are nice as they are.

seamax

Quote from: randomway on April 07, 2011, 09:51:32 AM
Quote from: seamax on April 07, 2011, 08:55:07 AM

No, it would look like a stock GS... and those are nice as they are.

Only if he puts the stock clipons back to normal position.

Twisted

This cafe GS has real potential. I quite like it but I am biased to the cafe racer look. A polished metal tank and rear cowl as well as maybe polishing the rims too would make this an amazing looking project. Even removing the gauges and trying to fit a speedo in the headlight bucket would be a nice option. The creator should be commended for using a bit of initiative and not taking the far to common street fighter look. 

Big Rich

Twisted, I didn't know you are into cafe's. Here's a headlight for my GR650 project. Obviously it's not done yet.

83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

Twisted

Quote from: Big Rich on April 07, 2011, 08:06:31 PM
Twisted, I didn't know you are into cafe's. Here's a headlight for my GR650 project. Obviously it's not done yet.

Very cool. Post up some pics when you do get it done. Cafe style racer bikes are what got me interested in motorcycles. Would love to have a Norton Commando in my garage  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk