News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Rider down

Started by Breeze, March 23, 2005, 04:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breeze

Below is a news story that has recently made national headlines concerning a 911 officer saying "yeah...too bad" to a call received concerning an injured motorcyclist. I hope that upon reading this story you will be as appalled about the lack of action to the officer showing total disregad for human life as I was. I also hope that you will feel strongly enough to join me in signing a petition demanding further action be taken against him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
Posted on Tue, Mar. 22, 2005, Associated Press:

"LISBON, Conn. - A state trooper was suspended for 15 days without pay after he was recorded on a 911 tape saying "too bad" to a caller seeking help for a man injured in a motorcycle accident.

State police said the dismissive answer by Trooper Robert Peasley did not affect the response time to the accident involving Justin Sawyer, 21, who died of a severe head injury a week after the crash last August. Peasley was suspended on Monday.

Russell Shepard, a friend of Sawyer's, called 911, which was routed to the state police barracks in Montville. When he reported the accident, Peasley said, "Yeah ... too bad," and hung up, according to a tape obtained by WTNH-TV.

Shepard said he was shocked, believing he reached a wrong number.

Another friend made a second call. "Yeah," the officer responded. "Help will get there. Shouldn't be playing games."

A third emergency call was answered by a different dispatcher, who asked about Sawyer's condition and advised those nearby to not touch him.

"I am absolutely outraged every time I hear that `too bad' and then click," said Sawyer's father, Jim Sawyer. "I only know that I would have felt a whole lot more comfortable if I had heard people responding on the end of that 911 call with some heart and caring."

State police said the comments by Peasley, an 18-year-veteran, were unprofessional, and the agency apologized if "our actions added to the family's pain.""
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

If after reading this story you agree that a 2 week suspension and a "stock response" to the family concerning the actions of the officer are just not enough, please click the link below and sign the petition.

Please share this with every motorcyclist related outlet you can find.
-ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IF ENOUGH RESPONSE IS CONJURED, GUARANTEED

http://www.petitiononline.com/Peasley/petition.html
Twisted Dragon Racing

OYL / YSR Mini Motorcycle Racing

Breeze

Twisted Dragon Racing

OYL / YSR Mini Motorcycle Racing

ashman

ya, i saw that on the news. how sick, say that guy has kids and he calls and reports that they were hit by a car and the 911 dispatcher says "well you should of been watching them closer so they wouldnt be playin in the street." he should be fired not given a 2 week slap on the wrist. thats horrible.

-ash
Proud owner of a Bandit 600S former owner of a 93 GS500E

roguegeek

Signed it and am definitely putting the word out on my site. This whole thing disgusts me.
Rich - Project: Rich
2005 Honda S2000 | 2006 Honda CBR600RR | 1997 Suzuki GS500E (sold)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk