News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Work/rant

Started by yamahonkawazuki, July 30, 2012, 12:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

i work 2 jobs. 1 pays for my doctor visits. other pays for my food. since im a white male w/o kids i cant get foodstamps for some odd reason. anyhoo got sent home early oen day due to insomnia previous night.  2 days later... get sent home only half pay. i Buddha Loves You. cause i NEED th emoney. i coem in next day to collect. he raises hell, im like WTFH. i work what i was told to do. and did w/o being reminded to do so. i work sub minimum wage. ( trying to get disability so i can get health insurance back. anyhoo last couple nights, get ent home early because in their words i was " acting like a zombie" to which i reply. how hte hell was i acting like a zombie. you ask me to do this or that, and i do so. WELL. i get things prepared w/o correction. she gets pissy. i said. look for $4 per hour your lucky anythign gets done. i prep the food, and sharpen the cutlery as needed. clean the equipment. w/o being asked. this constant harping is getting old. idk what owner is saying to you abotu me, but if im part of this gripign id like to be there. so i can defend my honor. when someone insults my honor i take that personally. contemplating turning in my shirts and such. and work @ pawn shop full time. i have put in 5 plus years at pizza place because until now have been treated well.
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

codajastal

Well IDK the situation there but if were me I would tell them to Fuk Off. But I am silly like that and it has put me in some awkward situations down the track. All turned out ok in the end though.
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: codajastal on July 30, 2012, 12:51:44 AM
Well IDK the situation there but if were me I would tell them to Fuk Off. But I am silly like that and it has put me in some awkward situations down the track. All turned out ok in the end though.
my friend, i am SOOOOO tempted. after the way ive been treated, im over it. i hate how owner treats her. tbh shes a saint. but sorry however he takes it out on her, do NOT take it out on me. this money i eat off of. BARELY. ill do without, and eat ramen noodles. i dont care. this stress is pushing me over the edge if it keeps up.
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

codajastal

Stress will kill you just as fast as a lack of food will.
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

jdoorn14

Is part of your pay at the pizza place supposed to be made up of tips, then? That's the only legal way I'm aware of to pay less than the federal minimum wage, at least in a non-agricultural business.

I think your problem is that you actively try to be a productive member of society. You need to sit back and let the system take care of you...like my wife's no good extended family (aunt/uncle/cousins). Every single one of them is on disability, and only one of them really has health problems - sustained a head injury in a motorcycle accident. The other ones have just figured out how to work the system.  :2guns:
It seems it has become necessary to qualify my posts:
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

Select the words that apply to you.

jestercinti

What I have found in my 36 years of life is that if a place does not like you, they will make your life a living hell until you quit.  That way they can say, "He quit on his own accord."  Happened to me, my wife, and many of my friends in various jobs.

They won't fire you, just will make your life suck until you leave.  Works out to their benefit since the HR numbers don't reflect an involuntary separation.
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

Phil B

Quote from: jestercinti on July 30, 2012, 09:08:26 AM
What I have found in my 36 years of life is that if a place does not like you, they will make your life a living hell until you quit.  That way they can say, "He quit on his own accord." 

Explanation for those who dont understand why this is:
If they fire you, they have to pay into any unemployment benefits that you might collect.

jdoorn14

Quote from: jestercinti on July 30, 2012, 09:08:26 AM
What I have found in my 36 years of life is that if a place does not like you, they will make your life a living hell until you quit.  That way they can say, "He quit on his own accord."  Happened to me, my wife, and many of my friends in various jobs.

They won't fire you, just will make your life suck until you leave.  Works out to their benefit since the HR numbers don't reflect an involuntary separation.

This has been my experience, too. I used to work for a guy who hired a lot of high school kids for part time retail work. If they didn't work so well (called in sick a lot, complained while they were there, etc) he would stop scheduling them to work or they would get the crappy shifts. Seemed like a pretty passive-aggressive way to get these high school kids to look for a different job.
It seems it has become necessary to qualify my posts:
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

Select the words that apply to you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk