WTB Seat, Rear Cowling, Seat Hardware, Air box, Exhaust

Started by Kenner, January 07, 2018, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenner

Dear GSTwinners,

I just picked up a poor abused 04 that needs a lot of love. This time I gave myself one heck of a challenge. I have yet to hear it run so I am trying to keep the budget at a minimum. What I need:

Seat
Seat hardware
Under tank hardware to attach seat
Seat latch mechanism with cable and key slot
Airbox and carb boots (or luchbox air filter)
Rear handle
Read cowling
Stock blinkers
Stock mirrors
Handle bar
Blinker switch
Stock exhaust pipe

Probably going to need more but that's what I can think of for now.

I am happy to pay shipping and maybe a little something extra. Search your parts bins and the nooks and crannies of your garages. Lets see if we can work together and get this neglected machine back on the road.

Ken

rocketgirl

I have a spare exhaust.  The can was chopped short by the PO.  Its yours for the cost of shipping from 23693 if you want it. 
04 GS500F in progress

04 SV650S
06 SV650S
06 M50

Kenner

I am probably interested would you mind posting a pic? My zip is 84302. If it costs too much to ship with the headers would you be willing to cut off just the can and mail it?

rocketgirl

04 GS500F in progress

04 SV650S
06 SV650S
06 M50

Kenner

Rocketgirl,

I can't see the pics, they are just black X's. Can you try posting them as an attachment?

Ken

Or send me a pm and I'll give you my email where you can email me the pics.

rocketgirl

04 GS500F in progress

04 SV650S
06 SV650S
06 M50

Kenner

Just looked at the pics. It's shorter than I was imagining. Did you ever ride the bike with it on? How much louder than stock was it?

Ken

mr72

I'm interested in the answer to that too.

BTW on my bike I have a Yoshimura round muffler that was once about 20" long and I cut it down to about 13", which is no small amount. It's louder than before, but not night and day.

OTOH that Yosh is WAY louder than a stock exhaust.

I would guess a cut down stock exhaust is still far quieter than the quietest of aftermarket exhaust systems. Just guessing.

rocketgirl

I never installed it.  No idea what it might sound like.
04 GS500F in progress

04 SV650S
06 SV650S
06 M50

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk