News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Café GS500E

Started by krsa2000, June 28, 2014, 10:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gianzilla

Quote from: krsa2000 on July 16, 2014, 03:39:19 AM
Shall we make a new/separate topic regarding this subject?
Or should I change the title and start a new one for my build?
;)
Sorry for hijacking the thread  :dunno_white:

krsa2000

Quote from: MARider on July 16, 2014, 06:33:57 AM
Sorry, so did you mock up that headlight??
Haven't gotten round to it yet... :(

MARider

Im interested to see it. I like it, its a cool new school take on the old round headlight.

krsa2000

Been mucking around with the LED headlight and front fairing... I haven't got anything worth showing at the moment...

At the same time a few new bits have been delivered:

Colour coded Wezmoto brake line kit
License plate relocation kit
And an el cheapo knock off sportster fender
Originally ordered for the rear but might order an extra one to modify for the front.

AlexT

Can't wait to see these parts on the bike!

krsa2000

I can't wait either! :)

Cerberus73

Looking good. I'm also working on a GS500 that i was going to cafe, but decided I'm going more for a hybrid tourer/fighter... let me explain.. it already had a rear hugger, SV650 rear shock conversion done by the previous owner.. i have since got some later crankcases and oil pan/sump plate for the oil cooler. am going to rebuild the motor as reliability is paramount for this build. I'm fitting some decent aftermarket twin headlamps and brackets, cree running lights, engine bars, flyscreen, renthal style bars with top yoke from a US market GS with built in risers instead of the clip on style we got in europe. other mods I'm doing are a belly pan. rear rack, and having my seat done for comfort with memory foam and a new handmade cover. and hard luggage if i can find suitable side panniers. everything will be powder coated that i can.. and the tank/plastics resprayed. and finally some progressive springs and heavier oil.

I like those levers you are going to fit.. i have looked up the seller on ebay and i noticed they do brake master cylinder, and clutch perch with the levers.. I'm gonna wait to see how you get on with fitting them before i pull the trigger on a set of the levers or the complete set up. And hey Holland aint far from Scotland either! in fact one of my first trips on my project when done will be to Holland, Germany and Belgium.

krsa2000

Quote from: Cerberus73 on August 06, 2014, 08:36:52 AM
I like those levers you are going to fit.. i have looked up the seller on ebay and i noticed they do brake master cylinder, and clutch perch with the levers.. I'm gonna wait to see how you get on with fitting them before i pull the trigger on a set of the levers or the complete set up.

One of the lads here (wakey86) has them on his bike...

I bit the bullet and ordered a set as well.
Saves piss-arseing around with ill fitting perches from other bikes!

krsa2000

Quote from: Cerberus73 on August 06, 2014, 08:36:52 AMAnd hey Holland aint far from Scotland either! in fact one of my first trips on my project when done will be to Holland, Germany and Belgium.

When you make your road trip, make a detour down to the south of holland (limburg) there's plenty of twisty's in the "highlands" of holland...
Great for bikers!

Cerberus73

Let us know how the Master cylinder goes with the GS calliper. whether it feels nice and progressive, or wooden as hell. I'm more inclined to go for the flip up longer style lever set. and will fit braided hoses. my one worry was the front brake light switch.. whether that set includes one as its a vital part of the UK MOT test.

Sounds like a great place to have a run down to.. should be on the way south from Rotterdam to Belgium? i do fancy going through the Ardennes into south western Germany, and from there to Bavaria, and back over to Holland and back into the UK. a couple of 1000 mile run.

krsa2000

According to wakey the oem banjo fits the cylinder.
And there is a brake light switch:

MARider

Quote from: krsa2000 on August 06, 2014, 09:34:07 PM
According to wakey the oem banjo fits the cylinder.
And there is a brake light switch:
Any chance on a link? I already have adjustable levers but like the master and clutch perch being all one cohesive look.

MARider

Thank you. cant wait to see your bike all together.

Cerberus73

I just ordered me a set of those levers and the master cylinder set, did some haggling using the make offer option on ebay, Got them for $60 in the end. (about £36 Sterling) so its worth haggling the price down. Just gotta wait till they show up to see what kind of quality they are. i know i will replace the fasteners with Stainless, and the spring clips with Stainless jubilee clips.. and the hose for braided... yeah I'm picky! after all its your life at stake with these.

This is what i got:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/With-Fluid-Reservoir-22mm-Front-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Cable-Clutch-Perch-levers-/251421116074

I also bought some renthal bars, Twistgrips and a set of Mirrors.. only need to measure up for braided hoses and clean up and paint the callipers to complete that part of my bike.. its all slowly coming together.

krsa2000

Quote from: Cerberus73 on August 09, 2014, 04:58:04 AM
I just ordered me a set of those levers and the master cylinder set, did some haggling using the make offer option on ebay, Got them for $60 in the end. (about £36 Sterling) so its worth haggling the price down. Just gotta wait till they show up to see what kind of quality they are. i know i will replace the fasteners with Stainless, and the spring clips with Stainless jubilee clips.. and the hose for braided... yeah I'm picky! after all its your life at stake with these.

This is what i got:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/With-Fluid-Reservoir-22mm-Front-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Cable-Clutch-Perch-levers-/251421116074

I also bought some renthal bars, Twistgrips and a set of Mirrors.. only need to measure up for braided hoses and clean up and paint the callipers to complete that part of my bike.. its all slowly coming together.
Nice one! ;)

Mr. BIGGZ

Any pics of the finished product?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk