News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Rejetting prices, details, and O rings

Started by The Buddha, April 11, 2008, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Buddha

Stock pipe and Lunchbox sometimes is not very tunable. People have problems with almost every setup.
Put a pipe on even slip on and its easy to get tuned. Run 150/40/1/3. Else, well lots of advil and patience and what not.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

simoniz

Uh oh, too late, I have already ordered the lunchbox filter!

Do you have the 150 main jets for sale, O wise one? Or should I head for Sudco?
89 GS500e, K & N Lunchbox, Buddha jet kit, GS550 front forks, GS850 fender, ProMaxx tires and a big dollop of luck

The Buddha

150 + 40 + washers and bolts in 1 pack $22 shipped.
Cool.
Buddha.

simoniz

Sounds good to me - PM me your PayPal address or however else you want the $$$ and I will get it sorted out. Thanks!!
89 GS500e, K & N Lunchbox, Buddha jet kit, GS550 front forks, GS850 fender, ProMaxx tires and a big dollop of luck

simoniz

Job done - finally !

Fitted Buddha's jet kit, it was nice and easy, and slipped on the K&N lunchbox after a couple of tries.

The test run started OK and sounded good, then it died when hot. Attempted restarts caused monster backfires like a shotgun - luckily, we are out in the country and nobody called the cops. After enough attempts, I flattened the battery. Bugger.

Recharged the battery overnight and tried again, then I had weak sparks coming from the plug bodies and not the electrodes. Hmm, I had a DPR8EA-9 in one side and DR8ES-L in the other. Not good. A matched pair of DPR8EA-9's from the car parts store, for $1.98 each instead of $3.50 each from the Suzuki dealer, did the job tonight. It fired up first time, with clouds of smoke as the correctly firing plugs burned off the accumulated gas and oil from the cylinders for about 5 minutes. A test ride up and down the drive, and she was running sweetly with barely a flat spot anywhere.    :)   :cheers:

The Buddha

Aah ... the jet kit used as a diagnostic tool ... OK that's a first (not quite ... but close enough).
Cool.
Buddha.

nerd4all

Tried to send you a PM but maybe your inbox was full

I have a 2006 GS500F, and live at just about sea level in SOCAL.
I am planning on installing the standard Lunchbox and Pipes. To be perfectly honest, I commute everyday on my bike so, MPG is important to me, but so is having fun in the canyons, etc.
Chances are I will get either the V&H or the Jardine and I want to have the jets on hand.
Would you mind sending the standard sizes for this combination.

If you were in SOCAL, I would just pull the carbs off and send them to you for the install but, as I mentioned, I commute with the bike which means that any more than a weekend of downtime is going to be an inconvenience.

Let me know how you want to do the money, etc.

The Buddha

My inbox? - full ??? - never ... never ever ... I only have 2803 messages in it. What is the limit on it BTW, 2800 ... Oh crap.
I am causing 90% of the load on the database ... Double crap ...
Anyway, you are looking for a jet pack ? OK I'll PM you.
Cool.
Buddha.

warning

I've got a lunchbox and a vance hines muffler from a Buell (not a full system).

I'm think 150 main, 40 pilot, and 2 washers.

How much for the set?

Cool.
Warning.
WSMC #719
CMRRA #719

souljeroflight

Hey buddha too bad bout the overload on turns :cry: i still need your expert jet kit though. lunchbox yoshi exhaust off a katana and 05gsf thanx.
05 GSF lunchbox, yoshiexhaust, Fenderectomy, 15T Front Sprocket,Grilled W/lights, custom dash, flushmount turns.  05 gone now a 93 stock =(

Ranger_kill

Buddha, man am I glad to find you.  Ok here is the story.  I bought a 92-93 gs500e been sitting since 03 and in multiple parts.  I cleaned the carbs straight off the bat due to some reason now one knows how to drain bowls when letting a bike sit.  After cleaning to best of my shade tree ability I put the carbs back on got it to fire up.  You have to open the throttle all the way up. It stumbles all over it self and wont rev up at all.  I figure the carbs are shot and need your touch.  I live in VA and was wondering if you have the time??  The bike has stock intake box and a Vance and Hines super sport exhaust on it.  I own a gixxer 600 which I love to ride but GS500 is the first bike I ever rode and when I saw this one I couldnt pass it up.  Also I have done compression check on both cylinders and everything seems good.

The Buddha

Warning - Lunch box (no air box) and V&H = 150/40 - Kit available, send $22 paypal and an address and note in it. I'll have it out in the next 1-2 days.
Souljero - Watch your PM's but yes 01+ kits now in stock. 20/65/147.5 - This is not a setup I ahve tested yet. I may in the next few months, but I am copying off people in this site.
Ranger_kill - Send me carbs not a problem. Some crap is clogged up, but a rejet and ring check/change can solve most of any problems.

Very sorry for the late replies to this thread. After I merged the threads I sorta got confused and never checked it. PM me as you wish though.
Cool.
Buddha.

souljeroflight

Thanks Buddha awaiting eagerly for your Pm :icon_razz:
05 GSF lunchbox, yoshiexhaust, Fenderectomy, 15T Front Sprocket,Grilled W/lights, custom dash, flushmount turns.  05 gone now a 93 stock =(

dwoloz

Hey Buddha

Would you be able to replace a needle valve for me?

Also, what is the turnaround time like?

Thanks!

The Buddha

The float seat needle ??? I ahve to check if I have em, oe are you sending that too ?
If so, I'd swap em, and you can too in 2 seconds. Let me know ... If I have some I'll sell ya for $5.
Cool.
Buddha.

pkhoff

Do you have 89-00 130 and 132.5 mains on hand. If so, how much?

jchc413

Buddha, do you still have 01+ kits available?  20 / 65 / 147.5?
Thanks

The Buddha

Yea I do, $28 shipped, and they come with washers too and bolts too ...
Pkhoff - I PM'ed ya ... but why 130 and 132.5 ... maybe I can point you in the right direction.
Cool.
Buddha.

jchc413

The Buddha

I'm fionishing all the ones in my hand and sending it by weekend, then I have to do taxes ... yea by the 15th.
Then all this can be restarted ...
Just dont send me the carbs now and ask for it tommorow ...
Cool.
Buddha.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk