News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

Schadenfreude

Started by Roadstergal, October 19, 2005, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstergal

So, I'm headed down 15th Street - the home stretch to get to work.  15th curves to the left and becomes Boat Street.  The other side of Boat Street comes up to a stop sign where it joins with 15th.  A silver Prius got the Stop part right - which is rare enough - but neglected the part where you yield to the traffic that doesn't have a Stop, and pulled out in front of me.  I could have jammed the brakes, but I squeezed them gently so that I came up right behind him and blipped my bright - a "Dude, you cut me off, so you'd better move your heinie" message.  He tries to brake-check me instead, and then tear off.  But the turn going into the parking lot is one that most cars just tiptoe through, even though you can wail through it very easily, and he has no idea how to take it correctly.  Side of right rear wheel hits curb, hard - creaaarck.  Dumbass.   :)

The Buddha

Prius and Insight - these 2 cars have done more damage to the whole idea of high gas mileage hybrids than anything else could ever have ... no one that has a Insight has any idea of how to drive, most of them are over priveleged teenagers that had their daddy buy them one, and they are the real obedient kind who never do anything risky ... and the rest are old ladies who really have no hurry to be anywhere ... and I usually find them driving down the road doing 10 under the 35 mph speed limit ... and I believe they brake on purpose since they make charge when they do ... I have never ever seen a insight that didn't have 10 cars minimum behind it that it was holding up ... Prius however is a slightly better tin can ... since its also available as non hybrid ...
Cool.
Srinath.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

Mr.7

Quote from: seshadri_srinath... Prius however is a slightly better tin can ... since its also available as non hybrid ...
Cool.
Srinath.

:?
Are you sure? Please direct to the non-hybrid Prius site because I am almost certain they do not exsist.
1997 GS500E-blue
Buell signals//new metzlers//new tiny mirrors//removed ugly stickers//fixed melted front fender//that's about it

Phaedrus

Quote from: Mr.7Please direct to the non-hybrid Prius site because I am almost certain they do not exsist.

"There is no such thing as a non-hybrid Prius" - Peter Valdes-Dapena, CNN/Money staff writer

Source:
http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/23/Autos/hybrid_alternatives/

But really, who cares?  :dunno:  :roll:
Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Photos from the June '06 Northeast GStwin Meet

Roadstergal

It's the Civic that's available as both hybrid and non.  The Prius does look very civic-like.

jbeaber

The Prius looks like a Civic that got it on with a VW Bug.  I like the consept of really good mileage in city driving, but the Prius is one ugly bastard.....

Roadstergal

I think the Insight is kinda nifty-looking.  And it seems to be less plauged with nimrod drivers than the Prius - maybe because of the Civic-ness of the latter.

Mr.7

Yeah, I like the styling of the Insight. Especally with the skirts on the back wheels. After the batterys died, you could put an RSX engine in it and have the fastest honda on the road (Insights are made of Aluminum, it's a power to weight thing).

Go Insights!   :thumb:
1997 GS500E-blue
Buell signals//new metzlers//new tiny mirrors//removed ugly stickers//fixed melted front fender//that's about it

The Buddha

OK then ... All Priuses are shitty ... OK ... I thought there was a regular prius cos I thought I saw smoke come out of one last year ... it was winter so might ahve been anyhting ... and I also thought it broke 40 clicks and made a noise ... so must be a IC engine in it I thought ... instead of a empty food processor ... but hey I was on that 89 GS of mine ... so I doubt I could've heard anything for a month ...
Cool.
Srinath.

indestructibleman

IC=internal combustion?

all production hybrids (that i know of) have internal combustion engines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_car

QuoteA hybrid vehicle uses multiple propulsion systems to provide motive power. This most commonly refers to gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles, which use gasoline (petrol) and electric batteries for the energy used to power internal-combustion engines (ICEs) and electric motors.
"My center has collapsed. My right flank is weakening. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
--Field Marshall Ferdinand Foch, during the Battle of The Marne

'94 GS500

calamari

electric engine on hybrids wear out so bad after a few years that need to be completely replaced. google the price on them  :lol:  :lol:

gas savings. lol
Caturday yet?

Phaedrus

Why is everyone so nit picky? Poor Srinath.. :lol:

And besides, is there such thing as an electric engine? I thought if it was gasoline powered, it is an engine. If it is electrically powered, it is a motor. Now don't we all feel better  :P
Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Photos from the June '06 Northeast GStwin Meet

The Buddha

Quote from: PhaedrusWhy is everyone so nit picky? Poor Srinath.. :lol:

And besides, is there such thing as an electric engine? I thought if it was gasoline powered, it is an engine. If it is electrically powered, it is a motor. Now don't we all feel better  :P

I will feel better as soon and the Damn grey insight that was holding up traffic on NC - 115 last year collides with the Blue prius that turned out of the damn shopping complex with a myopic old lady in it ... doing 40 clicks on a 55 road while it was about to rain ... with me having to literally stoppie my virago 1100 in an attempt to prevent myself from being electrocuted by the batteries in the things trunk ... Yea If those 2 take each other out I'll be one thrilled soul ...  :o  
BTW the fact that the electric motors wear out is no surprise ... in 10 mins of running my virago starter (yea some circuit glitch led to it running constantly) it fried itself ... Kinda is poetic justice dont ya think ... and gas savings ... not on a global level either  :x  :x  :x ... cos every one behind them is getting shitty gas mileage on account of having to run in second gear ...
But OK those things are so slow I doubt they ever wear ...  :x
Cool.
Srinath.

jbeaber

You guiys like the lookof the Insight?  I think it would be fine except for those tires covers.  The only hybrids I think look decent are the ones that are standard cars with a different engine (Civic, Accord...).  I'm just waiting for Toyota to convert it's entire line and to start making them more reasonably priced.  My normal Civic gets the same highway mileage as the hybrid version.  All that money foran improvement in city driving ain't worth it.  Yet.....

Jake D

Srinath is doing his hybrid reseach backwards.

Assumption.  Corrected assumption.  Understanding.  Repeat.   :lol:
2003 Honda VTR1000F Super Hawk 996

Many of the ancients believe that Jake D was made of solid stone.

Badger

Quote from: Jake DAssumption.  Corrected assumption.  Understanding.  Repeat.   :lol:
That's:

Conclusion.  Assumption.  [...]  Repeat.

natedawg120

What about the cost of batteries when they need replaces, add that in with the electric motors and i bet hybrids drop further down the "cost saving" totum poll
Bikeless in RVA

Mr.7

Quote from: jbeaberYou guiys like the lookof the Insight?  I think it would be fine except for those tires covers.  The only hybrids I think look decent are the ones that are standard cars with a different engine (Civic, Accord...)...

The only thing that makes the Insight cool is the skirts over the back wheels. If you put some lowering springs on them they look cool because the back tires are hidden.

As for when the batteries die, don't make me quote myself
1997 GS500E-blue

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: Badger
Quote from: Jake DAssumption.  Corrected assumption.  Understanding.  Repeat.   :lol:
That's:

. never assume
it makes an ASS out of u and me ! :nana:
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Alphamazing

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki
Quote from: Badger
That's:

. never assume
it makes an ASS out of u and me ! :nana:

I just died a little inside.
'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!
http://wiki.gstwins.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk