News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

What have you done for your bike today????

Started by qwiky, July 29, 2010, 07:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mister

Quote from: madjak30 on April 11, 2012, 08:34:29 PM
Ordered a new fork, new front rim, new front axle & new foot shift lever...now I have to wait for the parts to come in...I will pick up some epoxy and paint this weekend to start work on the plastic bits...

Later.

About time  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
GS Picture Game - Lists of Completed Challenges & Current Challenge http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGame and http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGameList2

GS500 Round Aust Relay http://tinyurl.com/GS500RoundAustRelay

adidasguy

Not my bike, but made an LED indicator harness with the 2 diodes for wildcat333's GS500F and included all the LEDs.

codajastal

Quote from: adidasguy on April 13, 2012, 12:45:18 AM
Not my bike, but made an LED indicator harness for wildcat333's GS500F

Ok wheres mine then?
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

adidasguy

Quote from: codajastal on April 13, 2012, 01:10:11 AM
Ok wheres mine then?

* My cat played with it and lost it

See?

codajastal

That looks a lot like my cat? You sure you are not hiding in my garage? :tongue2:
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

jestercinti

Jetted 20/65/142.5. 3 turns 3mm washer. Stock exhaust lunchbox air filter.

Before:

During (note:  Get better camera!)

Hillbilly Tuning (Yes, I completed the Iron Butt 1000 on a STOCK GS.  I must be  :cookoo:):

VERY happy with the results.  Pouring here now :mad:!!!  Wanna RIDE!
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

average

Adjusted my new clutch cable......again....
R.I.P
Rich(Phadreus)
90 gs5 04 Fairings(that's right)
LP flushmounts up front  shortened turn signals
Kanatuna rear wheel swap
Kat FE

knowles

Walked by it in the garage, raining all day, take it out tomorrow.
1989 GS 500EK

adidasguy

Gave that 2006 engine for Phenix a valve adjustment. 3 were in the range of 0.04-0.06. One exhaust was less than 0.03 so I put in what I had for a spare shim and is now 0.06 or so.

I hate those crappy giant o-rings Suzuki gives us to hold in the tool kit. So I ordered the older heavy rubber straps. How Suzi's tool kit is better secured.

knowles

1989 GS 500EK

wildcat333

lol @ adidasguy's car eating my wiring harness.

today:

finally.... fenderectomy time :D

"In Dremel We Trust"

2009 Suzuki GS500F | Black/Silver | Zero Gravity Double Bubble dark-smoked windscreen | Lights4All LED smoked tail | DMP LED smoked rear signals | Pro Grip 719 RVGS handlebar grips | Rear metal grab-bars delete | Yoshimura TRS Slip On Exhaust

Phil B

well, not exactly for my bike... but it's "for riding my bike"...
bought some proper boots today :)

Alpinestars MX-5.  oddly, they're being discontinued, the dealer says. Plus it was a "demo day". So i got them for under $200. including tax.

wildcat333

Quote from: Phil B on April 14, 2012, 07:35:00 PM

Alpinestars MX-5.  oddly, they're being discontinued, the dealer says. Plus it was a "demo day". So i got them for under $200. including tax.

I love my new Alpinestar "Fastlane" boots. They are finally starting to break in and get more comfortable :D

2009 Suzuki GS500F | Black/Silver | Zero Gravity Double Bubble dark-smoked windscreen | Lights4All LED smoked tail | DMP LED smoked rear signals | Pro Grip 719 RVGS handlebar grips | Rear metal grab-bars delete | Yoshimura TRS Slip On Exhaust

knowles

^Nice boots, I just use my steel toe work boots,^ :dunno_white:

Just looked at it sitting again in the garage on my way to work, looks like this whole week is going to be shitty out so maybe next week.
1989 GS 500EK

Phil B

Quote from: wildcat333 on April 14, 2012, 07:53:18 PM

I love my new Alpinestar "Fastlane" boots. They are finally starting to break in and get more comfortable :D

you should have put the quotes around "boots", not the fastlane. they're not boots, they're shoes, lol

They do look nice.
But I told myself after my accident, and limping for 4 months, I would get myself proper boots, instead of my motorcycle shoes, as soon as I could spare the money.

Mission accomplished!

I originally had "shift" shoes: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/13094/ITEM/Shift-Racing-Fuel-Street-Shoes.aspx
kinda similar to your deal.
But I'm gonna stick with boots from now on.

Twisted

Quote from: Phil B on April 14, 2012, 07:35:00 PM

Hell they look like boots to me? They look similar to the Shift Fuels. They look good. Just make sure you keep them laces tucked behind the velcro strap when you ride

shonole

Quote from: Phil B on April 14, 2012, 08:12:43 PM

you should have put the quotes around "boots", not the fastlane. they're not boots, they're shoes, lol

They do look nice.
But I told myself after my accident, and limping for 4 months, I would get myself proper boots, instead of my motorcycle shoes, as soon as I could spare the money.

Mission accomplished!

I originally had "shift" shoes: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/13094/ITEM/Shift-Racing-Fuel-Street-Shoes.aspx
kinda similar to your deal.
But I'm gonna stick with boots from now on.

Finally got some boots, eh?  What did you get?  Willing to sacrifice the Fuel's to someone in need?  Lol.
2004 SV650n - Blue

adidasguy

OK. So what DIDN'T we do today at the Bike Cave? WOW! 7 bikes in one place: 6 were GS500's!

jmill: SS chain guard, Givi rack, cleaned wheels, cleaned and oiled chain, checked tires and more

bluesmudge: cleaning. Rewired power for GPS

adidasguy: cleaning engine for Phenix. Helped everyone else. Blue helped install and wire a GPS onto Suzi.

jmill and I are going on a ride Sunday with the Eastside Sportbikers. We made sure our bikes were ready for a back roads twisties ride. This is rated as a "novice ride" which will be a good way to get back into group riding and refresh our riding abilities for the twisties. First group ride of the season for both of us.

Installing Givi rack

Rack installed (note: still a plastic chain guard, dirty rear wheel)

Went to my office to pick up the mono-case and a front fender mud flap for jmill (note: SS chain guard on jmill's blue GS500 and the case. rear wheel now clean)

After a ride around Alki Beach and Lake Washington, stopped art their friends house where there was another GS500! Wow! 4 GS500's all in a row.

After all that, I'm so glad I had the GPS on Suzi. I'd still be trying to find my way back home if I didn't have it.
  Motorcycle Mode

Bluesmudge

Some nice looking bikes there  ;) :icon_mrgreen:

It was entertaining to pretend to help, while you got jmill's bike into presentable condition, for the Sunday ride.
Also nice to have a 12v outlet that turns on with the bike's ignition  :woohoo: SUV mode.

Fun at the bike cave.

adidasguy

Need to get a picture of a baby in a pet cage on the rear carrier. Better yet - strap one on with bungee cords.

"Baby On Board" - yea - like someone's ability to fornicate, have coitus and procreate is going to change the way I drive.  more like "Run into it and kill it before it does it again!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk