News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

Snowy Ride

Started by Lukewarm Wilson, June 07, 2006, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukewarm Wilson

Just to let you guys know I was inquiring about accomadation at Threadbo for the Snowy Run and its booking out fast so if you are thinking on going start making arrangments it looks like it may be bigger then last year.
Matt if your going this year we will try and hook up, last year was a bit hard with the weather and everything but hopefully by being later in the year the weather will be fine.
If anyone needs info
http://www.snowyride.com.au/pages/default.aspx?PageID=3&id=1
although they dont update very often.  :thumb: :cheers:
Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again

brembo

I got an update letter about it in the mail last week. I was all set to go last year, had everything organised but had to pull out due to serious illness, hopefully this year I'll have the money and time off work (if I can find a job that is) to make it down.
[ Light Blue GS500 K1 ][60,000km (and climbing), a gazillion litres of oil, and more scratches than you can poke a road at. ]

matt86to

Hi Guys,

Yes I'm going down this year. I was thinking leave on tues so I could get some ride time before the main ride on sat & then come home on the sunday. yes I will at the same place taking pics on the friday this time stop by and say hi  :icon_mrgreen: Lukewarm maybe if you guys like we can meet up in jindy for tea friday late afternoon  O0  what you guys think?

all the best matt:0 your friend

P.S could we please have this post made a sticky because it's a big event for bikes:):):):):) this year
Matt
GS 500 09

Lukewarm Wilson

Hi Matt sounds good I have already booked a place at Threadbo, if I see you at that stop again Ill pull over I have still got that photo that you took of me last year as my computer back drop every time I look at it I think why isn't it November yet.
Hope to see you this year down there Brembo its always a good time this will be my 3rd year so all should be good see you all there :thumb: :cheers:

matt86to

cool I can not wait :):):):):):) I just can not belive I took a photo of you I knew you on your way but  hey with  a one in a 1000+ bikes that I would take that pic of you  I was very lucky guy:) hey do you still have the vid from the day we went up the pass?

all the best matt:) your friend
Matt
GS 500 09

Lukewarm Wilson

Quote from: matt86to on June 22, 2006, 03:53:42 AM
cool I can not wait :):):):):):) I just can not belive I took a photo of you I knew you on your way but  hey with  a one in a 1000+ bikes that I would take that pic of you  I was very lucky guy:) hey do you still have the vid from the day we went up the pass?

You were lucky, barley got a picture all weekend of myself with all my gear and you get the picture I think I was the lucky one :laugh: I think I still have the footage if you send me an email I'll see if I can send it :thumb: :cheers:

matt86to

Quote from: Lukewarm Wilson on July 02, 2006, 03:29:20 PM
Quote from: matt86to on June 22, 2006, 03:53:42 AM

You were lucky, barley got a picture all weekend of myself with all my gear and you get the picture I think I was the lucky one :laugh: I think I still have the footage if you send me an email I'll see if I can send it :thumb: :cheers:

I know & you know what goning to better this year I found how to take more then one photo :)  ok I will PM :) thanks mate

Matt
GS 500 09

brembo

Got a letter in the ye olde mail today saying that 2007 will be the last Snowy Ride. Said it's due to the sheer size of the event, and the inability of the volunteers to provide enough time towards it. $1.5mil in 6 or so years isn't a bad effort.
[ Light Blue GS500 K1 ][60,000km (and climbing), a gazillion litres of oil, and more scratches than you can poke a road at. ]

matt86to

Quote from: brembo on September 25, 2006, 02:15:34 AM
Got a letter in the ye olde mail today saying that 2007 will be the last Snowy Ride. Said it's due to the sheer size of the event, and the inability of the volunteers to provide enough time towards it. $1.5mil in 6 or so years isn't a bad effort.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo away this can not be happen

Matt
GS 500 09

Lukewarm Wilson

Got the same letter I'm gutted :cry: :cry: :cry: :mad: :cry: :cry: :cry:

matt86to

not long to go now guys only 4 weeks to go  well 3 weeks until I'm on hol's can not wait 2 weeks off man I hope we have great then . we should have our starter packs next week  this is going to be great :):):):):):)

Matt
GS 500 09

matt86to

has anybody got their starter kit yet?

Matt
GS 500 09

brembo

brembo

Change that to a Yes.

matt86to

I got mined on fri  :icon_mrgreen: so bring on the snowy ride and the Great weather the that weekend and the twos before & after:):):):):):)
Matt
GS 500 09

Lukewarm Wilson

yep got mine Im stoked when you see me the GS might look a little different to what you remeber just look for an 03 with monster faring and full exhaust system thats me :thumb: :cheers:
see you all there

brembo

Well my semi-organised accomodation plans fell through, dunno if I'll make it down for the ride. Might take a week of my time later in the year and take a tour of the Snowies.

s4gs

Sorry to change the topic but

Quote from: Lukewarm Wilson on October 25, 2006, 04:37:07 PM
monster faring

Photo's please
Start a new thread if need be.
04 GS500 Naked   SOLD.
07 SV1000S

Lukewarm Wilson

would love to but at the moment its still at the painters and just been told ready next week although he has had all this week  :mad: but when I get it back I'll post a pic, I'm expecting it to look good the faring will be black and silver with a blue screen to match the blue, black and silver standard paint.
Also sorry to hear brembo you can't make it maybe next year for the last one. :thumb: :cheers:

s4gs

I take it you've seen mine.

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=28597.0

I like the sound of the colour scheme on yours. Should look good.
04 GS500 Naked   SOLD.
07 SV1000S

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk