News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

$84 buttonwillow trackday! oct 20th

Started by pantablo, September 19, 2005, 01:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCH

Don't try to change my ways with your architectural witchcraft!

............  Yeah...  I suppose that would have worked.  :lol:  :lol:
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

pantablo

:roll:

I learned that from the track regulars...it wouldnt have occured to me either. I have the same ramp, or I should say I borrow the same ramp from the people I borrow the truck from...I'm going to invest in a proper ramp.
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

poormanracing

you're a genius pablo  :thumb:  ...i forgot that i did this the 1st time i unloaded the gs ...whew

leo

This is such a good deal. I would be all over it, if I met all the requirements.  :(

poormanracing

ooh ooh question pablo....um....does buttonwillow have garage like fontana? or do you have to bring portable tent-like stuff?....is the parking near the track...you know to do some tailgate chillin?

JCH

OOOOOhh  question and answer session with Pablo!!

Are my street tires ok? (Diablos with about 1500 mi on them)

Leo, why don;t you meet the requirements?
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

leo

Quote from: JCHOOOOOhh  question and answer session with Pablo!!

Are my street tires ok? (Diablos with about 1500 mi on them)

Leo, why don;t you meet the requirements?

Well I don't have leathers and I can't just buy some since nothing fits me. I guess an ultra baggy set would fit, but I would hate to waste so much money on something like that if it's not even going to fit properly.

I also noticed that they said you need health insurance, which I don't have. I gave up looking to see if there were anymore reqs. I don't meet.

JCH

Why don't things fit right?  Height?  Weight?

Custom's always an option... 850 from reflex gear.

I put together a two piece for much less (many thanks to pablo for his input).

What are your measurements?
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

leo

I'll look up that reflex gear. I looked into Vanson and Z Custom, but they are just way out of my price range. 850 is still up there, but I will look into them. I guess when I bought my Apline Stars jacket, I would buy the pants and be done, but in my haste I didn't try them on first like I should have.

Well the fit problems are because of my butt and thighs. They are huge compared to my waist. If I buy boxers the fit my waist, they boxers will tear because of my thighs. If the jeans fit my waist, they will not pull up past my ass. So I just where baggy jeans and I'm okay with it, but the leathers ended up being way too big around my waist and then still tight around my ass and legs.

Someone suggested getting a tailor, but that scares me. It seems like the integrety of the suit or pants will be severly compromised. Unless they work on racing suits for a living.

I'm actually planning on going to Berts and trying on even more brands. Maybe one brand will fit me better. I've only tried on a few different pairs down by me.

leo

oh my measurements are 38 waist, hip is 44 I think, and thigh is 26 or 27.

JCH

Afar as I know berts only has two sets of leather pants (the a* track and a* bat) but they do have lots of suits.  Actually, they may also have a joe rocket pant... not sure

If you can't find anything else, try finding something that fits your thighs and is the closest to your waist (while remaining big).   If it's big, it can always be tailored, professionally, by Zs, though they're not cheap.  But its definetely worth a call.

I dont know how much it is to pull in something like that, but worth an option.

Good luck!
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

leo

I never thought to have Z tailor something I bought from somewhere else. I would trust them to tailor it. The other issue is that since I have to get a bigger size, I would have to have them bring up the length as well as the knee stuff so it still lines up somewhat. I'm sure it would be cheaper in the long run since I already have the AStars jacket.

How much of a negative is a slightly baggy suit? I mean I'm on a GS and will be in the novic group.

And thanks for your help.

pantablo

Quote from: my_celica_is_jealousooh ooh question pablo....um....does buttonwillow have garage like fontana? or do you have to bring portable tent-like stuff?....is the parking near the track...you know to do some tailgate chillin?

it does have garages but I dont know how to get one-probably need to call the organizer directly. I know they were about $100 for another trackday I did. Not bad if you split it with a few people.

I usually bring an EZup if its hot, otherwise I dont bring any kind of cover.

Plenty of parking trackside. when entering I like to park in the first lot, meaning the west side of the tower, instead of the east side, only because the entrance to the hot pit is there, as is the track exit.

Plenty of tailgate chillin happening, whether or not you got cover. Hopefully Will brings his ezup, that he and Dan brought last time.
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

pantablo

leo,
if you go custom go Syed leathers. same $850 but better quality than reflex by a long shot. cheapest full custom suit you'll find. I've done the research and next time I get a wad of cash to throw at motorcycling it'll be for their suit.

http://www.syedleathers.com/

As far as off the shelf-good luck. your shape is going to be a problem. Joe rocket might work as might most american manufacturers. I've found that A-stars and most Euro makers tailer their products to the slimmer Euro body type, like mine.

Z can do custom tailoring but I'd contact them first to make sure what you buy is something they're willing to work with, and the cost. Might cost as much as having them make you something. also, Z isnt known for a quick turnaround. usually 6 weeks for alterations/repairs.
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

pantablo

Quote from: JCHAre my street tires ok? (Diablos with about 1500 mi on them)?

Do they appear to be nearly new, not close to the wear bars? if so you're fine. If not, they might overlook them as long as they dont look shagged. I havent noticed them really inspecting my tires carefully but that doesnt mean they gave them the quick once-over to make sure they look alright.
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

JCH

Quote from: leoHow much of a negative is a slightly baggy suit? I mean I'm on a GS and will be in the novic group.

asphalt is still asphalt ;)

Don't by any means take my word as that of an expert... I'm just somewhat well versed since I obsess over every purchase I make, and I just made this one.....  BUT...

Apparently slightly baggy is ok.  not BAGGY as in jeans baggy... but baggy as in there's a little bit of extra material you can pinch when in the riding position.   Also.... if you're worried about the leather knee armor being too low.... try sitting on a  bike with them on... believe me, it makes a huge difference.

Oh, and everything pablo said ;)

Good luck :)
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

JCH

Quote from: pantabloDo they appear to be nearly new, not close to the wear bars? if so you're fine. If not, they might overlook them as long as they dont look shagged. I havent noticed them really inspecting my tires carefully but that doesnt mean they gave them the quick once-over to make sure they look alright.

Oh no... they're definetely nowhere near the wear bar at all.  Just wated to make sure that street tires were "ok" for a novice group.  :)

Thanks!
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

leo

Oh yeah thanks Pablo. I forgot that I had also looked into them briefly, but I will do so more now. Good point about the American vs European manufactures. Here's hoping the Joe Rocket has something for me. :)

JCH. True :) I just figured my speeds will be lower and I doubt I would ever really get to 100 (and the average would be really low), but I'm just assuming since I've never been.

pantablo

Quote from: JCHOh no... they're definetely nowhere near the wear bar at all.  Just wated to make sure that street tires were "ok" for a novice group.  :)

Thanks!

I run street tires (pilot powers) in the race group so you'll definitely be alright.
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

JCH

Cool deal cool deal. Registered and ready to go!

Next step.......  Track prep.  To be continued!
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk