News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electrojake

Looking mighty snazzy Pete!  :thumb:
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

Janx101

You'd ride a scooter if offered Pete!.. don't fib! Lol

... and you realise of course that you gonna have to do a good audio quality recording of those stacks suckin the air in eh!?

Malfruen

Quote from: Janx101 on March 31, 2015, 02:07:52 AM
You didn't suffer too much cruising the viffer Malf? Lol :thumb:

Don't appear to have. Only thing I noticed was the SHITLOAD of power on tap. Actually scared me quite a bit. If I'm going to upgrade to a larger capacity bike anytime soon (which I am, honestly), it'll be to a cruiser or something a lot more laid back than the VFR.

peteGS

Yes EJ they sure do! They'll be covered up by the filters though...

Yes Janx, I will have to employ some form of audio recording indeed! The GoPro is probably all I really have though...

And noooooooooooo! Never a scooter!!!! Unless maybe if it was one of those T Max's or something with more cc's than the 450 has... but especially not one of those Piaggio 3 wheeler dodgy things... that would scare me...

And Malf, a cruiser??? Please say you're kidding!! Although if you do go that path one of those Suzuki M90's or M109's look like a bit of torque generating fun... in a straight line anyway...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Electrojake

Quote from: peteGS on April 01, 2015, 01:15:42 PM

And noooooooooooo! Never a scooter!!!! Unless maybe if it was one of those T Max's or something with more cc's than the 450 has.

Damn... That doesn't say much for me and my two mopeds or Cods and his posty bikes.  :dunno_black: LOL
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

Janx101

I 'believe' that the M109 has enough torque to slightly straighten some corners?! Lol

Malfruen

Quote from: peteGS on April 01, 2015, 01:15:42 PM
And Malf, a cruiser??? Please say you're kidding!! Although if you do go that path one of those Suzuki M90's or M109's look like a bit of torque generating fun... in a straight line anyway...

Yeah, a cruiser. Not kidding though. I first learnt to ride on a cruiser, albeit an anemic Hyosung GV250 with EFI issues for 3 months, but still.

The M90/M109 IS on the cards, but I do have concerns about the weight of those things, so probably more towards the smaller M50. I've been looking at the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom (They look alright, but I've never really been a big fan of Kawkas), and the new Indian Scout.

Won't be happening for months, maybe even a year anyway. Still a lot of rattling around on the old girl yet.

peteGS

Mopeds and postie bikes really don't fit into that scooter category there  :thumb: Especially not mopeds like Yama's gopeds!!!

My first bike was a Honda CA250 Rebel... a CB250 in cruiser clothing... a parallel twin in a 250 cruiser? Oh well... it was the best option at the time. I wanted the V250 as it was a hell of a lot larger and I wouldn't have looked so stupid on it, but it was about $4K dearer and out of my price range at the time...

I could certainly do a cruiser now to be 100% honest, but it wouldn't get a lot of use... and it would have to be a third bike after the 450 and a Kat. Cruisers are nice for the longer distance open stuff, especially with a big torquey motor. After having ridden the Harley I get that now... so if you could have the torque of the Harley motor in something that brakes and at least has some sort of turning ability you'd be set...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Electrojake

Quote from: peteGS on April 02, 2015, 02:04:53 PM
Cruisers are nice for the longer distance open stuff, especially with a big torquey motor.
After having ridden the Harley I get that now...
so if you could have the torque of the Harley motor in something that brakes and at least has some sort of turning ability you'd be set...

Hence my 06 DL1000 with 50,000 miles on it, which is parked next to my 06 Harley with only 3,000 miles on it.
Cant imagine what miles are on Cod's posty bikes but it must be up in the millions by now!

And hey... dont disrespect small cc bikes. Theres a thread here on GSTwins about some kid with a Ninja 250 blowing the doors off a Ducati Diavel someplace in California.
Something about "smoking him in the twisties"
. . .

codajastal

Quote from: Electrojake on April 02, 2015, 06:15:50 PM
Cant imagine what miles are on Cod's posty bikes but it must be up in the millions by now!
Just under 70,000
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

peteGS

Hey I love smaller cc bikes! That's why my 450 is staying when I get a Kat  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

Oooooh delayed double post  :cheers: :woohoo:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

Parked nearby street from Sydney Easter show ...  waiting to pick eldest up from work... she working for the mob that does the ticket/gate sales.

Also on apparently is the football... Parramatta Eels and another team?.. only seen Parramatta colours so far! ... what a bunch of yobbo/ hillbilly looking folks! .. maybe I parked in the 'cheap' street?

peteGS

Parking? Thought you were supposed to have a girl in the car for that??? And I'm not meaning your daughter... that would be wrong...

One step closer... slotted the stacks and picked up some stainless steel hose clamps for them yesterday, just waiting for Unifilter now...

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

Parking..... you so old school Pete! Lol...

Nice Stacks!! Phwooooar! Nudge nudge wink wink!

Electrojake

Quote from: peteGS on April 06, 2015, 01:10:53 PM

Parking?
Thought you were supposed to have a girl in the car for that??? And I'm not meaning your daughter... that would be wrong...

Fascinating... So you Aussies do have rules over there, eh?

Electrojake

Janx101

Hell yeah. . Those ultimate friends peeps are nutcases!

peteGS

Hahahah yeah I'm old... school... only way to go!!!!

Gotta love a frisbee playing croc, which is way better than a croc wearing frisbee player...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

Hey! ... I've got crocs!... 3 pairs! .. one for garden work, 1 for shops/casual outings and 1 for in car on way home from work if my joggers get soaked or feet are extra tired! ....

Don't play frisbee  though... unless 'things that should work. .  Don't work.... then it a brief flight to the back fence!' Lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk