News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

WTB: Carbs for a '96

Started by dougdoberman, May 23, 2012, 12:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougdoberman

Thanks to one of the previous owner's ham-fisted attempts to rejet the carbs, the head of one of the pilots is stripped.  (Great job stripping a flat headed screw you dolt!  How the hell do you even do that?)

I can't get an EZ-Out down the tube, and attempts to drill it and get a tiny screwdriver to grab and back it out have been unsuccessful.  I've probably trashed the threads of the tube by now, so even if I'm able to get it out, I donno that the new jet will go in there.

So, I need some carbs.  Early models with just 2 jets please.

Who's got 'em and what do you want for them?

Thanks.
If you can't be a good example, at least try to be a horrible reminder.

bombsquad83

I have a one set that I have completely dismantled.  I believe one side has the choke circuit partially blocked and a crack on one of the diaphragm cover holes (not sure it would affect performance), but the other carb looks good.  If it's the same one you need then I can sell you just the carb body for $25 shipped.  The other parts in the carb I can't vouch for the quality on, but I can include whatever other parts you need as well for cheap.

I have a second set that is in better shape that I am working on to get running perfectly and then sell as a working set for around $125 shipped.

The Buddha

A carb 1/2 split and swap isn't the easiest. I am nearly sure I can extract that dougdoberman ... I got a bunch of good carb tools accumulated as you can imagine.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

bombsquad83

To make the split and rejoin less painful I can throw in 12 stainless steel socket head cap screws of the correct size to put everything back together for just a couple bucks extra, if you choose to go that route.

Quote from: The Buddha on May 23, 2012, 01:07:01 PM
A carb 1/2 split and swap isn't the easiest. I am nearly sure I can extract that dougdoberman ... I got a bunch of good carb tools accumulated as you can imagine.
Cool.
Buddha.

I've had nightmares about stripping out that pilot jet.  How would you go about getting that thing out if an EZ-out doesn't fit down the tube?  I have a small ez-out, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit that far down in there.  From experience I do know that it will fit in to get the air jet if you strip out that one.

dougdoberman

Yeah Buddha, I've got a good number of tools myself including some home-made ones for situations like this, but that pilot jet is probably about the worst thing to have this happen to.  No EZ-Out will fit.  Nothing can get a purchase.  After trying all the tricks I know of, all I'm left with is a hollowed out pilot jet.  I needed to go up in size a bit, but probably not quite this big.  :)   If you've got a suggestion, I'm all ears.  If you wanna take a crack at it, I'll ship them right out.  :)

Bombsquad, what shape are your second set in right now?  Would you be interested in selling as is?

bombsquad83

I'm actually getting the last o-ring I need to get them back into working order today.  I can tell you that I replaced the JIS screws with socket heads already on that set, I replaced the jets with new genuine Mikuni 125 jets, and they have been thoroughly cleaned.  I also replaced the gas seals in on the middle gas T-connection after I split them.  My tank is off my bike for paint, or I would be trying them out tonight.  Considering that I don't see anything wrong with them that would cause them not to work, but I can't gaurentee it, what would you be willing to offer me?

bombsquad83

I can get them running with a bottle for a tank tonight, and then all the only thing that I will have not done is take them out for a ride.  If all goes smooth, how about $115 shipped?

dougdoberman

bombsquad83

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk