News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Do you vape?

Started by BockinBboy, January 04, 2014, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xunedeinx

I do with a halo triton.

Went from 2+ packs a day a month ago, to 2 $6 bottles a week, and am stepping down the nicotene. was at 1.6%, now at 1.2%

Best invention ever.

BockinBboy

Ah yes triton is a good system. Typical ego style, but from an awesome vape company... Only thing I've had from them has been a couple of their juices I tried. Just dripped a couple flavors and gotta say Halo's sub zero is awesome - like an icey dreamworld in your mouth lol.

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

JAS6377

So, I've been following this thread for a while now. I've been smoking for around 4 years now, and I know I'm going to have to quit after college. I've tried the disposable eCigs before, and they were alright, but just left me wanting the feel of a real one. Any advice for starting up?
Blue 2004F with some fun stuff
Lunchbox, 22.5/65/147.5, Jardine, 17/39, R6 throttle, R6 shock, .85 springs, GSXR1100 rearsets, Clubmans+Rox 2" risers, T-Rex sliders, flush mount fronts, integrated LED tail, integrated LED fronts, HID Projector, blue gauge LEDs, 12V outlet

And 96.5% more wub wub

BockinBboy

I would start with an ego style battery and clearomizer/cartridge system - Good kits with everything you need except juice can be had for under $65 out the door - and $65 is truly the upper range for these style starter kits.  It is different than smoking, as its a bit different feel and draw overall - but satisfactory nonetheless with the right determination.  Some folks are put off by them to start with, just because of the change, period.  It isn't even necessarily the e-cig itself - there are different habits to start like charging your batteries and carrying extra juice so you don't run out and resort back to analogs.  But give it at least two weeks to overcome the different feel and get into the groove of carrying what you need for it.  Know that some symptoms you may think are coming from vaping, are actually coming from withdrawals of other things from cigarettes and not nicotine itself, and some are from recovering from smoking too (like coughing and clearing out the lungs).  The only thing I noticed that you might say is 'bad' from vaping is dry mouth/throat.  So, you need to drink more water when you vape and that won't happen.  Because the vegetable glycerine in the juice actual draws moisture from the air and you when you intake, and that what makes the clouds of vapor.

The easiest way to intake an e-cig is to take a slow 4-5 second draw into the mouth, hold for a second, and slowly exhale through your nose.  Then, once you are used to that, you can do the same into your mouth, then inhale into the lungs, and slowly exhale through your nose.  After awhile you won't have to manage your draws like this anymore and can do lung inhales if you prefer, but for starting out, do the above.  The more used to it you are the longer and deeper you can intake without any discomfort - some people starting out experience the throat wants to tighten up when they inhale the vapor, so doing the above will help that along to avoid it... just know if it does happen to you, it goes away soon.

Also, keep the nicotine level below 10mg to start with, regardless of how much you may have smoked before... the nicotine absorption is different from smoking because the vapor particles are much much bigger than smoke particles, and its easy to vape more than you would smoke... you can always increase it later if you aren't getting satisfied quickly enough, but you do not want to have more than you can take and Nic OD with them, as it will just be yet another obstacle for quitting smoking and sticking with e-cigs.

:cheers:

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: JAS6377 on February 17, 2014, 08:37:35 AM
So, I've been following this thread for a while now. I've been smoking for around 4 years now, and I know I'm going to have to quit after college. I've tried the disposable eCigs before, and they were alright, but just left me wanting the feel of a real one. Any advice for starting up?
Seriously get off the tobacco in any way shape or form. I started @ 16yo am now 39, and have the lungs of an 83yo. which will never improve. tbh tho had doc not told me id not have realized it. idk. anyhoo ive not seen an ecig or tank setup that felt like a real one. except for a cheap a$$ed one at the pilot station. same weight as a tobacco. other ones feel like well heavy. hit it roughly 7 times is equal to a standard cig smoking
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

JAS6377

Thanks, Bboy! That's quite a good deal of information. I'll have to start looking around. Is there any particular brand that is preferred?

Yama: I plan on quitting at least after I graduate, if not sooner. It's a terrible, and expensive, habit. The good news, though, is that I smoke American Spirits, which apparently have no additives, and I only smoke a pack every 3 days or so. That doesn't excuse the habit, but it's a darn sight better than 2 packs of L&M/Marbs a day.

I hope all goes well with your health. I'm nondenominational/agnostic, but I'll be praying for you.

Thanks again for the insight guys. Perhaps we should get a smoking cessation/support thread going?

Edit: I mean absolutely no offense to anyone who actually does smoke 2 packs a day. I was tired when I wrote this, so my eloquence was a bit lacking.
Lunchbox, 22.5/65/147.5, Jardine, 17/39, R6 throttle, R6 shock, .85 springs, GSXR1100 rearsets, Clubmans+Rox 2" risers, T-Rex sliders, flush mount fronts, integrated LED tail, integrated LED fronts, HID Projector, blue gauge LEDs, 12V outlet

And 96.5% more wub wub

BockinBboy

I'd recommend Joyetech for ego style starter kits... and stay away from the fasttech site - yes, its cheapest, but I haven't seen anything but cheap knock-offs and disappointment come from there...

- Bboy

JAS6377

These are the kits that I'm currently looking at:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_Starter_Kit_p/ego-kit.htm

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_Ego_CC_Smart_Kit_650mAh_Joyetech_p/joye-ecc-k.htm

I'm kind of leaning toward the eGo-CC, as I think I would probably prefer a tank system over cartridges. Although, from light research, it seems as though the average use is about 3-5 mL of juice per day? That means I'd have to refill the tank at least once per day, which means I'd need to carry the juice with me to refill it. Any thoughts? I'm also thinking about grabbing a 1000mAh VV battery to go with it so I can experiment with different voltages to find the right feel. Do you think 3.2V-4.8V is enough to play around with?

Thanks again for the help. And sorry for the threadjack... But it is good info for others who choose to take this route.  :thumb:

And 96.5% more wub wub

BockinBboy

No worries on threadjacking, this thread can go anywhere on vaping... I'm glad there are others, and that there is interest.

Both are excellent.  I too would prefer the changeable/clear version...

Yeah, 3-5mL is probably a decent estimate for those who would smoke (and now vape) all throughout the day.  My tank holds 2.4mL, and it will last me all day a majority of the time.  But, a heavy vaping weekend day I might go through a tank and half... I carry spare, charged batteries and a bottle of juice along with my e-cig all the time, and its also not a bad idea to carry an extra coil/carto in case it goes out... though, to be honest, I haven't had one go out on me yet (knock on wood, though, because everyone tells me I've just been lucky cause that isn't the norm) - I just switch around tanks and coils back and forth enough, that I'll probably have them all go at the same time lol...

To give you an idea on battery life - I have a couple 900 mah 18350 batteries that will last me all day no problem, and I vape at 7.5watts most of the time - ends up being aprox. 350 draws...  My 2800mah 18650 batteries can take me through a whole weekend.  I would imagine the 650mah would get you through most of the day, but you'd definitely need a backup.  The voltage range 3.2-4.8 would definitely give you a good amount to play with.

:cheers:

- Bboy

mach1

Brass King Mod with an Igo-w dual micro coils with cottom
Hammer clone with a Bliss Genny Clone
Astro Mod with a Trident dripper quad micro coils with cotton.
private v2 (retired)
sigeili #?? (retired)
04Gs,fenderectomy,V&H Full exhaust,Vortex clip-ons.13t front sprocket.,Uni Pods,22.5/65/147.5,Katana rear shock,M-1 metzeler 150 rear tire,Yamaha R6 Tail-SOLD
79 Honda CM185t-In restoration mode with this bike.DEAD slammed 2003 Honda Shadow 600, matte black everything 18inch ape hangers

BockinBboy

Got the vape lingo down, and using mechanicals and multi coils...nice. How long you been vaping, mach?

- Bboy

yamahonkawazuki

Im not into the IN lingo craze. but I do end up calling vapong. cause im not smoking. after nore bad news today from both docs, and a third. my longs are jacked. I will seriously, SERIOUSLY kick their arse. now, vaping, or e-cigs, DO work. also Chantix does too. but side effects are insane at some points. I was severely depressed today over some matter and had to get out of house. brought my e-cig with me. those, you figure out how many draws it takes to smoke a cigarette ( if currently a smoker. if no longer, just recall Eh?) next its a psych thing.,you must WANT to quit. or at least WANTto trade tobacco for one of these. the weight is another issue., theyre heavy compared to tobacco cigs.
Jas, lmk what type of tobacco cig you smoke. light full etc.  I found a cheap one @ the pilot gas station on emory at 6.  a tad over six with taX. I seriously don't want to see you mess up your lungs likw I did to mine. lmk what type ill send it to you. no charge. take care my friends. , will post more once I find something postworthy. I do have one if these I cant return cause of a scam. I got it for 4.95 they want an additional charge of 100. I bought it on a prepaid card I had. so heck they cant go past zero lol.
this e-juice sucks but I can get maybe peach or something smoother from tobacco store 3 miles from here.
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

thius is the inhaler im on now. essentially forever. 225 per month. thank GOD for insurance lol  basically im a stage 2 COPD patient. as well as PAD, andpitting edema as well as  periphertal neuropathy. Now enough about that, its back to vaping or smoking e cigs or whatever the word of the day is :) apologies for the threadjacking. Cheers :)
Aaron

quitting smoking ive done. lapsed maybe once. but am looking forward to many years if I can stop or slow the progression of the COPD. Guys and gals. do NOT smoke. if you do ill kick arse lol. all humour aside, if you do smoke consider an e-cig or the "vaping". anyhoo ill close by saying heres hoping I hit 50. Im sorry I consider you all part of this HUGE soimetimes dysfunctional family. and love yall as such. :) take care. will see yall later Eh?
Aaron
Ps btw I DID resemble dr house while using my cane lol.
".
A proud Mormon

BockinBboy

Read this article today - interesting...

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/planet-of-the-vapes-a-look-inside-the-emerging-world-77091054098.html

I like the quote from Aaron David Ross about vaping:

Quote"It doesn't feel like a cigarette in your hand, it doesn't feel like one in your mouth. You don't hold it the same way. Your lips aren't in the same position. It's a different thing. It's about modifying the ritual in a way where you could get excited about the differences, as opposed to the similarities."

Its what I was trying to say before, but I like the way he put it.
Quote from: BockinBboy on February 17, 2014, 09:04:46 AM
...It is different than smoking, as its a bit different feel and draw overall - but satisfactory nonetheless with the right determination...

- Bboy

JAS6377

Dr. House (Yama)  :icon_mrgreen:: I smoke American Spirit menthol full. As I said before, they're apparently better than other cigs, just because they don't have all of the other crap in them like ammonia and whatnot. They're still not good, but  I guess they're better than the alternatives. If that's one of those "Blue" brand eCigs, I've tried them before. They're not bad for a night where I can't go outside to smoke an analog. I'm just hoping that I can get a good vaping setup that will have a good feel to it.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to changing habits, and possibly nixing it completely in the future. I still don't think I'll ever be able to leave my caffeine, though. I'm angry without my coffee lol.

And 96.5% more wub wub

cyamaura

I think it can be used to quit smoking but from my personal experience its just a replacement. Few years ago i bought a ego setup with cartomizer tank when i got it i didn't smoke a cigarette for months until one day my carto went out and i was out of extras and stores were closed so i bought a pack of smokes and kept smoking till a few months ago. I think it would be the best idea to have  a set plan in reducing nic strength over time eventually going to zero nic but still satisfying your habit then quitting ecigs too. If you use ecigs over time you will eventually smoke again if you dont quit the ecig

pliskin

I have to wonder about long term side affects of these products. No real studies have been done on them. Also, most people who use them have smoked real tobacco in the past. That makes it hard to tell which habit could have possibly caused problems for the user. A quick search on the ingredients, one being propylene glycol, indicated it is used in Corexit...The stuff they used to treat the Gulf oil spill (lots of reports of eye and respiratory irritation there blamed on that chem).

I know it's hard to quit smoking but it can be done. I did it and I know a lot of people who have. I recommend finding another way to quit. In my case it only took a little willpower. When I had the urge, I resisted for a couple minutes. Something else would occupy my mind. Before long I was realizing that if I could hold out a minute or two I would forget about wanting one until eventually I kicked that monkey off my back. Years later I can still bum a smoke or 2 a couple times a year without relapsing. I can still take a long drag and enjoy it. The next day I don't even care or need more. In fact, the smell left on my fingers disgusts me the next day.

I went cold turkey for a month. I did it because I had to get a physical in order to get life insurance. I went cold turkey because they had to test my blood for signs of being a smoker. I passed the test.
Why are you looking here?

mach1

Quote from: BockinBboy on February 18, 2014, 01:57:38 PM
Got the vape lingo down, and using mechanicals and multi coils...nice. How long you been vaping, mach?

- Bboy
over a year and going strong, just rebuild my IGo-W with a dual coil down to .3 ohms and it kicks hard with clouds.mmmmmmmmm
04Gs,fenderectomy,V&H Full exhaust,Vortex clip-ons.13t front sprocket.,Uni Pods,22.5/65/147.5,Katana rear shock,M-1 metzeler 150 rear tire,Yamaha R6 Tail-SOLD
79 Honda CM185t-In restoration mode with this bike.DEAD slammed 2003 Honda Shadow 600, matte black everything 18inch ape hangers

JAS6377

Just ordered myself the eGo-CC kit with the 1000 mAh VV battery and Blueberry Mojito and Andes Mint juices from PSV. Can't wait to kick the analogs!

And 96.5% more wub wub

BockinBboy

Awesome Mach. I haven't tried any sub ohm builds yet... For one, I don't own a mechanical, and two, I'm  still learning though a have a firm grasp on ohms law and battery limits etc... I'm still sticking with the built in safety VV/VW devices for awhile. I have a smoketech RSST which build up nicely... I can get 1.3-1.5 ohms consistently from my builds but they vape only slightly better than my protanks.  Could do lower ohm if I wanted but my mod doesn't support below 1.2... And I don't have the desire for lower yet.

- Bboy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk