News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Holy GS500F Batman...

Started by 97Octane, December 15, 2006, 06:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cafeboy

I get the wave from more Harley guys than the pricks on the sport bike around here. 90% of the sport ridders Gastonia are just Squids and pricks. Glad you are so happy with the GS.  :thumb:
IF I COULD FRAME MY MIND---WHERE WOULD IT HANG ?
I've Seen The Future, and It's Cafeboy-Shaped.

Jarrett

Congrats on the new bike.  The stock suspension is soft but it's not soft to you.  Don't worry about it now.  Just ride and learn your fundamentals.  After you've got some miles under your belt, start tinkering with upgrades.  The whole point of doing upgrades is to improve performance, but if you don't have a baseline, you've got nothing to compare the upgrade to.

The stock GS is fine just the way it is.  Upgrades are going to be dependent upon your riding style.  Once you've got some miles in the books, you'll know what kind of riding you'll be doing most, and can pick the upgrades that fit accordingly.
04 GS500F - Progressive Front - SM2 - 4.5in Kat Wheel - Pilot Power 110/150 - LunchBox - 140 65 20- Yoshimura RS-3 - Srinath Flange - GSX-R Rear Sets - 15T

GeeP

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new GS.  Regardless of what many say, the GS is a capable bike with some minor mods (mainly suspension).   :)

Re:  Helmet fogging.

Clean the inside of your face shield with mild soap and water.  They make "anti fog" stuff like "cat crap" but I've never used it.  I usually crack my face shield a click or two in town or before coming to a stop.  Control your breathing, breathe through your nose, and you should be OK.  Also, you should have a vent on the chin bar that you can open to help clear off the fog.   :thumb:

Enjoy the ride, watch out for the cagers.  Practice your low-speed manuvers, swerving, and quick stops.   ;)
Every zero you add to the tolerance adds a zero to the price.

If the product "fails" will the product liability insurance pay for the "failure" until it turns 18?

Red '96
Black MK2 SV

pantablo

thats awesome. I'm very happy for you! You remind me of me when I got mine...

the face shield fogging: check out "Fog city" visor inserts which help. I just crack it open when sitting at a light, but it doesnt fog up when I'm rolling...

suspension is soft but for you, now, its probably fine. If/When you go into the twisties you'll notice the softness more. Sounds like you're in SoCal-Where?

welcome!
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

scratch

Soft suspension will teach you smooth braking; for when it rains.  Gradually increase braking pressure for a smooth transition of weight, and controlled, quick braking.  Pick a point where you want to stop; you'll eventually find yourself stopping shorter than you expected to.

+1 to the FogCity ProShield insert, expecially for the Shoei Tz-1.  Another trick to fogging is to open all the vents on the helmet for maximum airflow to strip away moisture.
The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

QuoteOriginally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

GeeP

Quote from: scratch on December 15, 2006, 04:50:13 PM
Soft suspension will teach you smooth braking; for when it rains.  Gradually increase braking pressure for a smooth transition of weight, and controlled, quick braking. 

Yup!  Then get some progressives, I hear they're much better than stock.  Maybe I'll do that in the spring.

QuoteAnother trick to fogging is to open all the vents on the helmet for maximum airflow to strip away moisture.

Guess who lives where it never gets below freezing...   :icon_mrgreen: :icon_razz: 

When it gets below 25F you won't just be closing them, you'll be breaking out the electrical tape to keep them closed.   :thumb:
Every zero you add to the tolerance adds a zero to the price.

If the product "fails" will the product liability insurance pay for the "failure" until it turns 18?

Red '96
Black MK2 SV

scratch

The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

QuoteOriginally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk