News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

work sucks....

Started by Blazinjr, July 14, 2005, 05:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazinjr

I work a 7 day swing shift rotation.  I have 12hrs today and tomorrow(noon to midnight), vacation day Saturday and 12 Sunday and 8hrs (4-12) on Monday.   In a very hot and humid fiberglass plant, out on the floor it is around 92-98 degrees and 105 and up on the platforms.

Do any of you work a swing shift type rotation?
2000 GSX600F, 98 Plymouth Neon, 03 Pontiac Grand AM GT

Funniest name I was ever called on here "cap'n fast n' furious"

A guy once told me "having nitrous on your car is alot like dating a hot girl with a STD, your afraid to hit it because of what might happen."

RVertigo

:o  I would die...

I work Mon-Fri 10-6...  Usually more like 10:15 to 6:00  :lol:

gikim1118

I work monday - friday 8 - 5.
1996 GS500 w/ 6,100 mi

pnaberhaus

Mon 9-9(usually later)
Tue  9-5
Wed 12-9(usually later)
Thur 9-9 (usually later)
Fri OFF :)
Sat 9-6
Sun 12-5 (every 4th Sun)

When it's all said and done, not a lot of time left to ride  :(
It's not how fast you go, rather "how" you go fast!

Kerry

Tell 'em about your schedule, Cal.  :?
Yellow 1999 GS500E
Kerry's Suzuki GS500 Page

Cal Price

Mine's easy it is a 4 x 4.

Day 1 start daywatch 0700-1900 through to day four then FOUR OFF! then four nights 1900-0700 then FOUR OFF! and so on ad infinitum.

The only problem is losing track of days of the week 'cos i get to think in fours, four on-four off becomes a week but you get used to it.
Start days on Monday on week one, nights on Tuesday week 2, days on Weds week three etc,. Sometimes four nights over a nice sporting weekend can be a drag but finishing days on a Sunday evening knowing you are not back until Friday night is a good one, being off for the whole of most folks working week.

It's a livin' ......and I can set aside the odd day or two just for riding.
Black Beemer  - F800ST.
In Cricket the testicular guard, or Box, was introduced in 1874. The helmet was introduced in 1974. Is there a message??

pantablo

m-f...9am-6pm, then again 9pm to 1am +/-
sa-su...approx 8 hours spread throughout the weekend...

self employed and busy. :cheers:
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

Anonymous

Get an education...  You DON'T want to do factory work forever.

Start your own business.  Nobody gets rich working for others.

goat

When I was working in TX, the crews had a similar schedule.

3 days of 630AM-630PM, 3 days off, 2 days 630PM-630AM, 2 days off.

Then the schedule would repeat, just shifted by 12 hours. There were 4 crews so the plant was running 24/7.

Right now, I work M-T 7-430 and F 7-11 until classes start in the fall.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
      - Ben Franklin

Blazinjr

Quote from: Cal PriceMine's easy it is a 4 x 4.

Day 1 start daywatch 0700-1900 through to day four then FOUR OFF! then four nights 1900-0700 then FOUR OFF! and so on ad infinitum.

It's a livin' ......and I can set aside the odd day or two just for riding.

I used to work 4 12's then have 4 days off.  It was sweet then one guy screwed it all up. :guns:

A guy once told me "having nitrous on your car is alot like dating a hot girl with a STD, your afraid to hit it because of what might happen."

ajgs500

Ok my schedule goes Mon, Tues 530pm to 530am Wed, Thurs- off, Fri, Sat, Sun 530pm to 530am, Mon tues off, Wed, Thurs 530pm to 530am, Fri, Sat, Sun off.  This isn't too bad having every other weekend a 3 day weekend but man my nights and days are all screwed up.

Blazinjr

Quote from: joerockerGet an education...  You DON'T want to do factory work forever.

Start your own business.  Nobody gets rich working for others.

I don't do the work.   I either supervise or Quality control.   :thumb:

It's still hot though.

weaselnoze

i work in a factory. its hot and very humid too.  100+ deg on some days.

http://weaselnoze.matrixdancer.com/

RIP RICH! We'll miss you buddy!

davipu

yep work sucks.  we had to work today 5-1:30.

cay

I've got an interesting job in my field (IT) and shouldn't complain -- but my boss' boss has admitted that he prefers the 'keep people off balance' style of management.

He's a very smart guy, awfully kind and generous outside of the work environment -- but he's of the opinion that relationships between people at work get in the way and should remain somewhere on the scale between 'adversary' and 'lifelong enemy'.   To this end he'll encourage strife and bickering amongst employees, often through blatant favourtism (promoting class divide) or misleading staff just to 'keep them on their toes'.

He really does like to keep his people off balance.

This does not lead to a pleasant work environment.

Add to this the fact that he treats his employees like petty criminals and you don't get a very pleasant work enviornment.

That said, my immediate boss is a great guy and acts as a filter between the head honcho and I, so I'm usually not in tears at the end of my shift.

Phew.  Okay, all done complaining.  :)

Cay
2002 GS500 - Black / Silver
Progressive springs, 15wt oil
BT45's front and rear
Buell signals front and rear
Uber fenderectomy + airbrush's rear hugger

CasiUSA

I work IT also, but as a project Manager. Basically, I play on eBay & GSTwin all day long and make sure our programmers aren't slacking. Downside is that I always have to face the clients when things go wrong, which they often do in custom development.

9-5 M-F. Welcome to adulthood :roll:

Blazinjr

as I said before work SUCKS.  Stuck here untill 4AM  then back in here at 4 pm later today.  

At least I only have 2 more days then I get 2 days off.  Then I come back to work Thursday.  

From this Thursday until Friday the 9th of December I work everyday.

7 8-4 dayshifts
2 8-8 dayshifts
7 12-8 midnights

On December 2nd I get off at 4PM then come back in 8 hours later to start my week of midnights. :x

Again.........

WORK SUCKS!!!!!

Phaedrus

I usually work 9am-5:30pm, but work alternating weekends. Like this weekend...I am working 7am-3pm. Then next one is off.  :thumb:
Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Photos from the June '06 Northeast GStwin Meet

un1261

Working sucks :thumb:

Your hours sucks....the enivorment sucks.......
I hope the money is worth it.

I love working 4 10's, having a three day weekend just rocks...damn unions won't allow it here. :x
"Nothing is gained without passion."

05 F=street/ Dyno jets/ K&N lunchbox/ Led tail light with T/S
92 E= Track bike.

JetSwing

Quote from: pantabloself employed and busy. :cheers:
that's where you want to be  :thumb:
My hunch was right...Pandy is the biggest Post Whore!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk