News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

New guy from East Toronto (Durham/Clarington)

Started by REN69, August 30, 2014, 10:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REN69

hey guys, I'm Ren from East Toronto (GTA) Canada... my bike is a 2009 GS500F aka the other woman.

Picked it up back in April before I even got my license, dropped it the first day I got my license and cracked the left fairing as the so called fairing protector went through.

Mods so far
K&N Filter
MGP Growler slip on (awesome sound)
Fenderectomy done (just realized it now, lol)

video of it running --> http://vid46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/REN69/1544873_10152359517175350_731814428_n_zps04e375ea.mp4

the stable getting along.

REN69

ended up selling my GS500F this summer and went up to this... 2001 Yamaha YZF600R, lots more power, about the same weight (30lbs more maybe) and similar riding position... I miss the GS style handle bars, I like them more than the clip-ons that come with these.

Love the GS but it was time to step up a little for me, I'd like to find an older GS500 project eventually and have it as a second bike and I keep trying to get my brother to buy one for his first bike (most likely next year).

yamahonkawazuki

what is the weather like riding?  close to end of season. gorgeous bike btw. you must stay on like many of us who are GS less. always interesting to read comparisons on bikes :)
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

REN69

I rode a couple of times right up to December 24th... Christmas day was pretty warm still but I didn't get a chance to go out, saw a few people still riding.

Today we get a day with 7C weather (in January!!!) and saw 1 guy riding, lol... just couldn't wait I guess... not afraid of the cold, it's the salt and icy roads still around, even though it warms up, the ice stays on the ground in some kind of slushy/icy mess that fools you into thinking it's water.

I'll stick around for a bit... honestly I wanted a GS500 again (non F) but just couldn't get one, then this popped up and after reading reviews and looking at a few, I ended up buying it... the first one I looked at, lol

REN69

Well I've done it... sold the YZF600R and looking for another GS500 (non F this time), wish me luck!

I've spotted a few on Kijiji (canada's answer to craigslist) that I'm thinking of looking at, probably staying with the older 90s models, unless a good deal pops up for a newer K7.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk