Custom 07 GS500F Paint Job - All Matte Everything

Started by BushidoBrown, April 20, 2017, 07:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BushidoBrown

Whats up everyone - I've been lurking for a while and got inspired to do a little work to my own bike. I always thought the 500F had an overcomplicated stock tape set, so I simplified things a little and plasti-dipped everything. Let me know what you think!

07 GS500F: > 20/60/147.5 > K&N lunchbox > Remus Midpipe > Shorty Slip-on > .95 Sonic Springs > 04 Katana Rear Spring > Drag Bars> Adjustable Levers > Matte Paint Job + Rim Tape > Double Bubble Windscreen > Low Profile Mirrors > Flush Turn Signals > Integrated Tail Light > Fender Chop

ShowBizWolf

Wow cool!!! I like that a lot BushidoBrown :bstar: I love that blue!

I think I see a different brake pedal there... what you got? And do you have more pics? :icon_mrgreen:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

BushidoBrown

@Showbizwolf  just dropped a few more pics. The brake pedal was on there when I got the bike ~8months ago. Never knew it wasn't standard.
07 GS500F: > 20/60/147.5 > K&N lunchbox > Remus Midpipe > Shorty Slip-on > .95 Sonic Springs > 04 Katana Rear Spring > Drag Bars> Adjustable Levers > Matte Paint Job + Rim Tape > Double Bubble Windscreen > Low Profile Mirrors > Flush Turn Signals > Integrated Tail Light > Fender Chop

ShowBizWolf

Very very nice indeed. I like the rim stripes and the mirrors too. I'm guessing ya have onea those neat integrated tail lights as well?
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

BushidoBrown

I did go with the integrated tail. I like how the leds modernize the back end. I kinda wish the lense was still red though. I think it went better with the black.

Suzi Q

What's the deal with plastidip? I've heard a lot of people talk about it, but haven't used. Is it spray paint? Is it colored bedliner? And I understand that you can peel it off at a later date? Bike looks sexy, btw.
Deals on Amsoil if you want it. PM me for details.

BushidoBrown

Thanks   :cheers: Plastidip is like a rubber coating. If you build up like 4+ coats itll peel off smooth like a vinyl wrap The cool thing about it is it self levels if you do it right and doesnt need primer (just a real good cleaning). Plus its super cheap, spraying the whole bike cost ~45 bucks

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Bluesmudge

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on April 20, 2017, 07:47:30 PM
Wow cool!!! I like that a lot BushidoBrown :bstar: I love that blue!

I think I see a different brake pedal there... what you got? And do you have more pics? :icon_mrgreen:

That looks like the stock brake pedal for the F model GS's. Suzuki was always looking for a way to save a few cents. I think the E model brake pedal was nicer.

ShowBizWolf

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk