Author Topic: Last Post Wins - V3  (Read 207640 times)

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • World Superbike Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
Re: Last Post Wins - V3
« Reply #7600 on: May 19, 2017, 12:30:35 AM »
Totally agree!!! Need a vid :icon_mrgreen:
Superbike bars, 20w fork oil, '04 GSXR 750 headlight w/LED H7, '01 GSXR 1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, fenderectomy, purple & green glow, Bandit 400 hugger, aluminum heel guards and pegs

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #7601 on: May 19, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »
Oh don't you worry about that... there will be video!!!

First start and first ride  :thumb:

Just don't hold your breath waiting for them... they'll be a while yet...
'82 GS450E

Offline Janx101

• I only use hair curlers for their intended purpose
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Singing is a new MotoVlog Hobby!
« Reply #7602 on: May 21, 2017, 03:31:10 AM »
Y'know when you have a weekend off...  So you take the opportunity and sleep..  And sleep. . and laze on the lounge.  And somehow you feel tired still?! .  yeah that!!

Sent from my LG-K500 using Tapatalk

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #7603 on: May 21, 2017, 04:22:28 PM »
Yep, been there done that! I think we all have at some point...

I wasn't lazy this weekend though  :icon_mrgreen:

Went shopping for gym shoes and got one of my forks mostly assembled except for not having anything suitable to drift the fork seals in with...

'82 GS450E

Offline ShowBizWolf

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #7604 on: May 21, 2017, 06:29:07 PM »
Very very nice Pete!! What kind of shoes did you get? Need pics!!

I'm going to show some dumbness here and ask what those nifty square (diamond) plates are for?

Also, I'm gonna be doing a lot to my forks soon and I'm super nervous about it, not gonna lie. Will be spending a lot of time watching vids and searching on this site for info about what all I need to know/do. I tried just switching to 20w fork oil and putting in new fork seals but they are still leaking and I have little teeny weenie imperfections on the chrome tubes so I'll be buying new ones... and also some of those fancy sonic springs... I thought my weight didn't warrant the purchase of upgraded springs but every freakin' time I go to work and ride into the parking lot, there's a cement bump about and inch and a half tall you hafta drive over and the bike bottoms out no matter how slow I go :technical:

Many apologies if that wasn't as clear as it could be... I've been havin' some beverages and I'm very very tired !!
Superbike bars, 20w fork oil, '04 GSXR 750 headlight w/LED H7, '01 GSXR 1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, fenderectomy, purple & green glow, Bandit 400 hugger, aluminum heel guards and pegs

Offline yamahonkawazuki

• Ej, Ej, Wherefore art thou Ej?!?!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • -Ich singe fur den herrn
« Reply #7605 on: May 21, 2017, 06:46:45 PM »
i seriously want one of these things. until i can get either my stump straightened out or they take it to the knee. the prosthetic is hard to use on a bent leg. either one of these things or a kneeboard for a crutch.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MLidPLLXme0&itct=CA0QpDAYAiITCKeJo6aHgtQCFYyznAod6xAJvTIHcmVsYXRlZEiZluSHqI_u6ZQB&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en
Aaron
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:48:21 PM by yamahonkawazuki »
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #7606 on: Today at 04:33:10 PM »
ShowBiz, the plates are to block off the holes in the fork leg where the anti-dive units bolt on. Basically under brakes they're supposed to prevent the forks diving so much by increasing the damping rate (at least that's how I read it). Their effectiveness is somewhat limited and I've not heard anyone say anything good about them. They just complicate the bleeding process and add extra bits to maintain. The forks I got didn't come with them, so I just made the plates to suit instead. You need to leave a channel so the fork oil can flow freely between the two holes otherwise you end up in permanent anti-dive mode.

The shoes are Nike somethings... I dunno... they're comfortable :D I'll see if I can get a pic for ya'...

Hopefully you can get your forks sorted! That doesn't sound like fun...

Yama, that's a fancy piece of walking aid right there!!
'82 GS450E

Offline ShowBizWolf

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #7607 on: Today at 04:48:45 PM »
Thank you for the explanation Pete... that is really interesting to learn about the anti-dive technology. The plates and the forks really do look nice!!!

Nike's were always my favorite choice for shoes :thumb: And then sometime around 9th grade I switched to skater shoes like Etnies and Osiris and Airwalks and never really bought regular/athletic/basketball sneaks again. But I still think they look really awesome!!!

Offline yamahonkawazuki

• Ej, Ej, Wherefore art thou Ej?!?!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • -Ich singe fur den herrn
« Reply #7608 on: Today at 04:53:12 PM »
Going to try and get one when funds are avail. or the cheaper cousin, the plate that bolts onto a traditional armpit style crutch. the cheaper one though idk. i HATE those things. got a pair from hosp. they got me into the house. that was it. i want to see if the bolt on bit would work with a braced arm crutch. ive tried walking one legged with it as it is. not easy tbh. good leg is forced to hop. it is semi swollen recently . so im not taking chances. the knee scooter ej sent has MILES on it now lol.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD