Author Topic: planned winter project - gs500e "sumo"  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Ne0n

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Local Club Racer
  • German guy
Re: planned winter project - gs500e "sumo"
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 08:14:36 AM »
always loved the mx style number plate headlight look. how do you find the light output? mostly the output is pretty pathetic/dangerous with that style in general, i've had to stop myself buying one a few times.

Well I rarely ride at night, so I don't need the best light output. But the few times I rode in late evening I'd say it was bright enough.
~ ride hard ~

Offline Ne0n

• Local Club Racer
  • German guy
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 08:04:23 AM »
Parts have arrived, and I finally found the time to mount em.
After a short 3-hour ride I can tell you, MX-bars are the sh*t! It's just so much fun to ride the bike, I love it!
But I feel like poppin a wheelie every ten seconds, despite the fact I'm not able to with stock engine and stock gearing. :(

Anyways, it was a great decision, and the new 20 bucks AliExpress levers are way better than I have imagined. I definitly would recommend them.

Oh and a better pic of the new levers, if anyone is interested:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:10:56 AM by Ne0n »
~ ride hard ~

Offline Ne0n

• Local Club Racer
  • German guy
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 06:42:58 AM »
Finally some progress (coming).
Yesterday my Balu Racing bow spoiler has arrived.
I hope I get to put it on the bike this weekend and be able to provide you guys with some pics.
~ ride hard ~

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 06:58:41 AM »
 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Sounds great!!! And I know cbrfxr will be really excited for pics :D
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR750 headlight w/LED H7, '01 GSXR1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, fenderectomy, R6 shock, 25mm raising links, underglow, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards and pegs

Offline Ne0n

• Local Club Racer
  • German guy
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
bow spoiler mounted. :)

Next thing on the list would be replacing the big ass numberplate holder with something smaller.
Also I wanna find a way to get the frame black without taking the whole bike apart.
Maybe I'm gonna try wraping it with black car wrap.

Oh and I definitly wanna get rid of the purple stock decals. Maybe gonna replace them later with something unique, but not sure about that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:26:55 PM by Ne0n »
~ ride hard ~

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 06:34:04 PM »
If you haven't already, check out the wiki section about fenderectomys... awesome and most of the time free way of modifying that huge part of the back fender. It was one of the first things I did when I got my GS!

That belly pan looks really nice... I never thought I'd want one for my bike but a while ago on the GS5 facebook group, someone suggested that my bike would look good with one and it's been in the back of my mind... how much did yours cost?

I'll be sad to see the purple decals go... guess I have a girly side after all lol!!! :icon_razz:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR750 headlight w/LED H7, '01 GSXR1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, fenderectomy, R6 shock, 25mm raising links, underglow, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards and pegs

Offline Ne0n

• Local Club Racer
  • German guy
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 12:42:55 PM »
That belly pan
Ahhhh, so it's called "belly pan"? Good to know, google translated it into "bow spoiler" haha :D

I've bought mine of a board member of our german gs5 board, I spent 42 incl. shipping (around 50 bucks) for it.
It's used, but was already painted and ready to mount, which is nice.

But if you wanna try to buy one yourself, this is the website of the manufacturer: http://www.balu-racing.de/motoparts/subkat.php?id=2&sid=cbn223v1jp8ahvfj44hfui0k44
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:45:30 PM by Ne0n »
~ ride hard ~

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »
Thank you so much!! That is a better price than the one from the Skidmarx website :thumb:

Do ya have any more pictures of it you'd wanna share for me? :kiss3:

Offline Ne0n

• Local Club Racer
  • German guy
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 06:30:44 AM »
Do ya have any more pictures of it you'd wanna share for me? :kiss3:
Sure. Should I upload them here, or just send them to you directly?  :thumb:
~ ride hard ~

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 06:49:40 AM »
Either one would be great! I'm thinking you should share 'em here though cuz there are others on the board who love pics :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Ne0n

• Local Club Racer
  • German guy
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 12:12:17 PM »
Okay, those four are the only ones I have on my phone right now.
If you want to see some other angles or stuff, just tell me, and I'll take some pics for you.

Oh and by the way, what did you mean with that?
If you haven't already, check out the wiki section about fenderectomys... awesome and most of the time free way of modifying that huge part of the back fender. It was one of the first things I did when I got my GS!
Not sure what "fenderectomys" is supposed to be, or if it's just a typo? Could your give me a link or something? :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:32:42 PM by Ne0n »
~ ride hard ~

Offline cbrfxr67

• Some day I'll finish my projects
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • MotoGP Racer
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »
Looking good just like that :bstar:  I say just enjoy it and ride :icon_mrgreen:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 05:27:36 PM »
I think I like the look of that pan better than the others that I've seen! Thank you for the additional pics :cheers:

Does it have a drain or opening in the bottom of it to let water drain out? Sometimes my bike gets caught out in the rain while I'm at work :technical:

Offline Ne0n

• Local Club Racer
  • German guy
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 07:17:09 AM »
Does it have a drain or opening in the bottom of it to let water drain out? Sometimes my bike gets caught out in the rain while I'm at work :technical:
That's a pretty good question tbh, didn't thought about it. I'm gonna take a look when I get home from work.

Oh and asking again:
What did you mean with that?
Not sure what "fenderectomys" is supposed to be, or if it's just a typo? Could your give me a link or something? :D
~ ride hard ~

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2017, 07:23:40 AM »
Oh my, I am so sorry I missed it the first time! Thank you for asking again... I hate when I miss stuff. :nono:

It's not a typo, it's just a big word for shortening the part of the plastic fender where the plate mounts to. Here is the link!

http://wiki.gstwins.com/index.php?n=Upgrades.Fenderectomy

Offline cbrfxr67

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 02:52:12 PM »
Then what happened?  You must've been out riding and enjoying and forgot about modding anymore :laugh:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Offline Ne0n

• Local Club Racer
  • German guy
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2018, 11:34:53 AM »
Then what happened?  You must've been out riding and enjoying and forgot about modding anymore :laugh:
Nah, it's more like I'm not sure what I could mod...
I'd like to put in a different rear shock so the bike's rear is higher (SV650 or something like that), but I have no garage to work in, so that will be delayed until I have one (if I'll ever will).
And most other things (like custom rear and stuff like that) are things I can't do by myself and so they are too expensive...

-> So yeah, I just ride it like it is atm and focus on modding my car :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:35:24 AM by Ne0n »
~ ride hard ~

Offline cbrfxr67

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2018, 01:48:55 PM »
pics of car :dunno_black:

:icon_mrgreen:
-buddha

Offline alpo

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2018, 11:02:32 PM »
That looks great!

Offline Ne0n

• Local Club Racer
  • German guy
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2018, 08:19:23 AM »
pics of car :dunno_black:

:icon_mrgreen:
If you'r really interested, I'll post some when the new coilovers are installed. :D I'll just have to wait for the f*cking snow to go away haha
~ ride hard ~